M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK - ED Forums
 


Notices

View Poll Results: What was your result in Mission 16
I scored 100 5 41.67%
I scored 80 5 41.67%
I scored 60 1 8.33%
I scored 51 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator
 
baltic_dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I am Polish
Posts: 3,150
Default M-2000C Red Flag FEEDBACK

Please mark the Results you had in the last mission (16) of the campaign ( not the entire campaign results, just the one you get for Mission 16). Those who finish it will know what does this mean

Also, feel free to post your feedback on the campaign, eager to hear..ee.. read what you think!
__________________
Released DLC Campaigns
THE ENEMY WITHIN for A-10C (more info) (trailer)
F-15C: THE GEORGIAN WAR for F-15C (more info) (trailer)
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)

Last edited by baltic_dragon; 06-25-2018 at 11:18 AM.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
norwegianwiking
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
Default

I'm loving the way radio management is done. Just RTB under autopilot from mission 3 now.
norwegianwiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #3
Sydy
Member
 
Sydy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 561
Default

Hi BD,

I am loving the campaign. Just flew mission 2. I’m strugling with the radios (my fault), but the campaign is forcing me to study the M2000C properly.
Tks a lot for the effort and I will post here the results once I finish it. (100+70=85 so far)
All the best,
Sydy
Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #4
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator
 
baltic_dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I am Polish
Posts: 3,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydy View Post
Hi BD,

I am loving the campaign. Just flew mission 2. I’m strugling with the radios (my fault), but the campaign is forcing me to study the M2000C properly.
Tks a lot for the effort and I will post here the results once I finish it. (100+70=85 so far)
All the best,
Sydy
Hey! Just to make it clear: you need to post the final score from the LAST mission (because you get to choose an answer to a question posted by one of the wingmen). Not the entire campaign score thanks for the kind words!
__________________
Released DLC Campaigns
THE ENEMY WITHIN for A-10C (more info) (trailer)
F-15C: THE GEORGIAN WAR for F-15C (more info) (trailer)
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:05 AM   #5
Klunker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
Default

I hope this is the appropriate place to post a perceived bug in the Mirage Red Flag.

Mission 4: I could not issue instructions to any of my flight, or wingmen using Button 1 (on the brief card). I also tried on all frequencies with no luck. I was trying to issue the "Radar On" instruction as briefed.

This problem also came into play later on RTB: I generally give the flight a RTB command in order to avoid airfield conflicts, but could not do so on this mission. My three wingmen followed me to my landing at Nellis and then all three flew into the ground at various places while augering around Nellis. I found it amusing that they each provided a radio call concerning their demise, as if they were shot down!

I did not have this problem on the previous mission where I commanded my wingman to "Cover Me" on the 'Wingman Channel', where as he rogered my command, and then left me in the dust as he proceeded beyond the FEBA in warp drive in order to attack two aircraft in violation of the ROE. In a panic, I called him to rejoin which he dutifully did after he got his illegal kills. However, the fool apparently ran himself out of gas maneuvering for his multiple kills, and then had to bail out. Having no time to continuously monitor the wingmans channel, my only indication he was missing was a smoking hole in the ground near where I was orbiting.

So on another note:..Beware of the "Cover Me" command as it may start something that can get out of control.

As a suggestion: I would say that if there's any way in the game to issue commands to the flight or wingmen on the Main channel or Route Package channel it should be implemented in order to avoid the necessity of leaving the two essential command and control mission channels . If not, then there should be a flight discrete channel in the brief to be monitored at all times and only one Main channel. Having a Main channel and a package channel plus a discrete flight channel is too much radio overload in a dynamic combat environment. Two channels max should be the order of the day in combat. Need to figure out in advance which is more important: Main channel or Package channel and then pick it and have the other radio dedicated to the Flight for commands.

One more thing, so I don't have to go to the other post on the topic of the music volume in the first mission. I hate to have to say it, but I found the music especially annoying. Not just the volume, but the irritating grating persistence of the noise. Guess I prefer more soothing sounds at a very low volume when flying.

Let me conclude by thanking you, and commending you for your outstanding work on these campaigns. I had just finished the Mirage Caucus Campaign and was so impressed with it and your work that when I saw your Mirage Red Flag, I was inspired enough to down load the DCS Beta in order to buy your campaign that only works in the Beta. I only have so much hard drive space, so that's saying a lot. Your work is really superb!
Klunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
caponi
Senior Member
 
caponi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hannover Germany
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunker View Post
I hope this is the appropriate place to post a perceived bug in the Mirage Red Flag.

....
there is an own sub forum
__________________
A-10C, KA-50, UH-1D, FC-3, P-51D, FW-190D9, Bf-109K, Spitfire IX, F-86F, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, Hawk, M-2000C, F/A-18C, CA on ...

Intel Core I7-7700K Socket 1151@4200GHz, 32GB DDR4 - 2133 cl-14
BeQuit 700W, Asus Z270 Strix ROC F, NVidia GTX1080 8GB
3*Samsung SSD 256GB
Phillips 43“ 4K Monitor
Windows10 (64)
caponi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #7
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator
 
baltic_dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I am Polish
Posts: 3,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunker View Post
I hope this is the appropriate place to post a perceived bug in the Mirage Red Flag.

Mission 4: I could not issue instructions to any of my flight, or wingmen using Button 1 (on the brief card). I also tried on all frequencies with no luck. I was trying to issue the "Radar On" instruction as briefed.

This problem also came into play later on RTB: I generally give the flight a RTB command in order to avoid airfield conflicts, but could not do so on this mission. My three wingmen followed me to my landing at Nellis and then all three flew into the ground at various places while augering around Nellis. I found it amusing that they each provided a radio call concerning their demise, as if they were shot down!
Unforutnately, I don't have control over the AI, which is outright dumb quite often. I suspect you just used the wrong frequency, pay close attention to the briefing card where you are told which channel to use (sometimes it is the initial one, sometimes different).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunker View Post
I did not have this problem on the previous mission where I commanded my wingman to "Cover Me" on the 'Wingman Channel', where as he rogered my command, and then left me in the dust as he proceeded beyond the FEBA in warp drive in order to attack two aircraft in violation of the ROE. In a panic, I called him to rejoin which he dutifully did after he got his illegal kills. However, the fool apparently ran himself out of gas maneuvering for his multiple kills, and then had to bail out. Having no time to continuously monitor the wingmans channel, my only indication he was missing was a smoking hole in the ground near where I was orbiting.

So on another note:..Beware of the "Cover Me" command as it may start something that can get out of control.
LOL on the channels below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunker View Post
As a suggestion: I would say that if there's any way in the game to issue commands to the flight or wingmen on the Main channel or Route Package channel it should be implemented in order to avoid the necessity of leaving the two essential command and control mission channels . If not, then there should be a flight discrete channel in the brief to be monitored at all times and only one Main channel. Having a Main channel and a package channel plus a discrete flight channel is too much radio overload in a dynamic combat environment. Two channels max should be the order of the day in combat. Need to figure out in advance which is more important: Main channel or Package channel and then pick it and have the other radio dedicated to the Flight for commands.
There is. But then your wingmen will continuously clutter the channel with his "spike, 12 o'clock" that takes precedence over the scripted transmissions. In other words, if I did it, then I could just skip all the custom made VOs for most of the time. Therefore having a separate channel for wingmen that you can use at your own convenience is much much better and there is no way around it (other than silencing wingmen, but that can be even more annoying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunker View Post
One more thing, so I don't have to go to the other post on the topic of the music volume in the first mission. I hate to have to say it, but I found the music especially annoying. Not just the volume, but the irritating grating persistence of the noise. Guess I prefer more soothing sounds at a very low volume when flying.
...and that is intentional I wanted to force players to think out of the box - and you can just easily turn down the volume of the green radio, as you would probably do in the real plane. Just remember to get it up later on. OR you can switch the channel. The choice of the music is also intentional, it was meant to keep the flight awake. So everything was as designed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunker View Post
Let me conclude by thanking you, and commending you for your outstanding work on these campaigns. I had just finished the Mirage Caucus Campaign and was so impressed with it and your work that when I saw your Mirage Red Flag, I was inspired enough to down load the DCS Beta in order to buy your campaign that only works in the Beta. I only have so much hard drive space, so that's saying a lot. Your work is really superb!
Thanks a lot, hope you'll enjoy the rest of it! Cheers!
__________________
Released DLC Campaigns
THE ENEMY WITHIN for A-10C (more info) (trailer)
F-15C: THE GEORGIAN WAR for F-15C (more info) (trailer)
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:12 AM   #8
EntropySG
Member
 
EntropySG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 695
Default

Like with all your work, Baltic_Dragon, this is premium quality! So well done, I can only recommend buy it!
__________________
EntropySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
Klunker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
Default

[QUOTE=baltic_dragon;3548137] I suspect you just used the wrong frequency, pay close attention to the briefing card where you are told which channel to use (sometimes it is the initial one, sometimes different).

Seems the RED radio is the problem. For simplicity sake, I wanted to use it to communicate with the wingman, but for some reason he will not respond on that radio. I rechecked the frequency and the preset indicated the correct frequency, but to no effect. However, when I use the green radio, manual or preset, it works fine. My new procedure is to dial in the wingman com channel on the Green radio manual dials and then use it by switching between manual and the preset command and control freq (Main in game).

I had this same problem with the Red radio button 1 preset frequency on Mission 5 and 6 (my furthest progress to date).


Thanks for your explanation as to why we can't communicate with the wingman on the Main or Package channel. I understand why it has to be like it is.

The Campaign continues to be fun and is very interesting and challenging. Quite novel too!
Klunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
Hatefury
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 63
Default

Just completed the campaign. Excellent job. Definitely the defining campaign for how Red Flag should be done.

Spoiler:
The only mission I struggled with was mission 11 (the one with the Gazelles spamming missiles). With that being said, at know point did I feel bored during the campaign flying to the range (which is a problem in other red flag campaigns.)


Some fantastic acting in there, Max was especially well voiced.

Spoiler:
I was going to tell you my favourite mission but I'm actually struggling to choose. The jamming mission was probably the most unique one and the A/G missions were done in a way were you didn't really think about the limited capabilities of the aircraft.


Looking forward to more campaigns, I'm assuming Iron Flag is next.

Edit: to add spoiler wraps for those wanting to find out for themselves.

Last edited by Hatefury; 07-01-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Hatefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.