Can't Engage AfterBurners

Toni Carrera

Hi Fellow Pilots,

I am using a TM WartHog HOTAS. Despite removing the detent at the most forward which has been like that for 6 years or so, I am able to get AB on every other equipped plane, I am unable to get the F/A 18C in to Afterburners on either engine.

Throttle mapped correctly the Idle detent works perfectly. Just can't get full power the other end.

Anybody got any ideas what I can do?

Thanks

Toni Carrera

aka Ice Rhino

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

In the special options tab for the f-18 there is a checkbox that controls how the afterburners are triggered. You need to uncheck that to disable the finger lifts to engage burners. If you leave it checked you will need to map a button to allow you to lift them over the gate to get to the burners.

Edited by Repth

Thank you, off to investigate now

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Awesome Dude, Found the switch to turn on or off for Afternoon Ident

Thank you so much

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

How about for the T Flight HOTAS X. I don't seem to see any afterburners too. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

So you guys are with joysticks....im with fkin keyboard...how can I turn on AB to be ablle to take off normally, after that stupid change?

Post #2 has the answer.

I may try the detent for added realism. totally forgot it's got that built-in function.

Here's how:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X