Heads Up

flask

Had the Rift for nigh on two years + without any problems,

Early this year started to get very bad headaches/Migraine, went from occasional to twenty four seven, eventually by mid February I could not use the sim without getting really bad eye watering Migraines, tried every setting I could think off, no joy, so eventually ended up at the Doctors, I have since found out it was ( and is) due to my high blood pressure, seems turning sixty comes with hidden costs, so why I am posting this ? it to maybe help someone else that experiencing headaches and is putting it down to the Equipment/settings

VR Headache my Cure:

VR and getting builders in to renovate is a no no.

Eject your self from the server if any Idiots start to mess with you, do not attempt to imagine yourself strangling the offender.

Seriously if you are a Drain circler like me Do not ignore the signs and think its the VR to blame.

Fortunately I am not in the once a day Blood pressure tablet for life bracket

that means if like me I would rather adjust my life style that be taking prescribed Migraine tablets you need to limit your flight time and stress exposure.

Footnote: I do not claim to have the cure or all the knowledge about this, all I have done is give you my experience, By the by DCS? your sim is that good now I swear I smell jet fuel when I am in the sim :)

Edited by flask

At 53 I was 260 lbs, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and couldn’t go up a flight of stairs without taking a break half way up.

At 55 I’m at 210 lbs, bp of 120/74 with a resting heart rate of 60, and the cholesterol is well within acceptable tolerances. And the sex... ;)

2 mile walk with my wife at least 3 times a week, Yoga twice a week, healthy(ish) diet. Did I mention the sex...

You can do it brother.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Nobody wants to hear about people who are 55 years old having sex... Just saying. Everyone has sex. I'm 40 and I'm pretty sure my grandpa still has sex.

Glad you got in shape though ;).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Nobody wants to hear about people who are 55 years old having sex... Just saying. Everyone has sex. I'm 40 and I'm pretty sure my grandpa still has sex.

Glad you got in shape though ;).

Talk to me when you’re fat and 55. A lot is going to change for you in the next 15 years. Ask your grandpa.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Just messing with you :)... It's all good :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)