The Wall That Heals

Hawkeye60

I would like to share something very special with you all today. The Wall That Heals has been touring the country, being displayed in select towns. My town, North Reading Mass, was chosen as one of only two in mass that are displaying it. This is due to the head of the Vietnam Veteran's Association Post 10874 of North Reading, and the Officials of my town who stepped up to make this happen. My thanks go out to them and all involved. My experience, upon visiting yesterday for the dedication ceremony, was so moving, it brought tears to my eyes..... I did visit the original in Washington DC years ago. This was just as moving, if not more so. I will let the picture do the talking from here on. I have more pics and vids to share. coming soon. The display will be up till Sunday. I plan on more visits. Just AWESOME!

IMG-1348.jpg

IMG-1351.jpg

IMG-1346.jpg

IMG-1371.jpg

IMG-1378.jpg

IMG-1375.jpg

IMG-1379.jpg

IMG-1406.jpg

IMG-1398.jpg

IMG-1334.jpg

IMG-1389.jpg

IMG-1401.jpg

IMG-1399.jpg

IMG-1336.jpg

SALUTE! :worthy:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

There is a story to this wall I would like to share. The wall is cared for, transported and set up by all volunteers. The night it arrived in town, a few of the people slated to help assemble it were sick. So calls were made to other groups. The Reading Mass. High School Football team stepped up. The arrived with their coach, dressed in white, wearing white gloves. Not a word was spoken as they carried and assembled the supports, and carried each panel, face up, as if a coffin, and placed each one in the appropriate location. All done in four hours. And not a SINGLE WORD was spoken. This gives me hope for the future, and lightens my heart,with a new outlook for the future generations. I Salute them for the Honor they gave, and expressed!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."