dcs mods status - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #1
ssjrocks

Default dcs mods status

wondering if anyone can help me ewith 2 things
first ... cam ... civil aircraft mod
i have tried installing to the game folder and then the saved games mod folder... neither shows a new mod tile at the bottom of the game launch screen and neither lets me spawn any civil aircraft in me
i read a post that says it dont work with 2.5 but i have tried release and open beta... i see several servers online with cam requirement so there must be a version that works with current versions of dcs as these servers even have players in them

and second
the id4 mod
this one seems a bit older but i really wanna get even an ai version of the alien fighter into me
the city destroyer would be nice but the fighter would do ... does anyone still have these files?
the only links i can find are all dead dropbox and google drive links.

any help would be much apreciated-

*******edit .. got cam working in release... but not open beta.... forgot i had it installed to both the saved games user folder and the game install folder... as soon as i deleted the one from dcs install folder it worked

Last edited by ssjrocks; 03-11-2020 at 09:34 AM.
ssjrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjrocks View Post
wondering if anyone can help me ewith 2 things
first ... cam ... civil aircraft mod
i have tried installing to the game folder and then the saved games mod folder... neither shows a new mod tile at the bottom of the game launch screen and neither lets me spawn any civil aircraft in me
i read a post that says it dont work with 2.5 but i have tried release and open beta... i see several servers online with cam requirement so there must be a version that works with current versions of dcs as these servers even have players in them

and second
the id4 mod
this one seems a bit older but i really wanna get even an ai version of the alien fighter into me
the city destroyer would be nice but the fighter would do ... does anyone still have these files?
the only links i can find are all dead dropbox and google drive links.

any help would be much apreciated-

*******edit .. got cam working in release... but not open beta.... forgot i had it installed to both the saved games user folder and the game install folder... as soon as i deleted the one from dcs install folder it worked
What is your complete path to CAM?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
ssjrocks

thank you for taking the time to help,
but sorry i was being a tool and forgot i had tried installing to the game folder first... doesnt load if you install it to main game and saved games path... got both of them working now.... just lookin for the id4 mod now
Old 03-11-2020, 10:54 AM   #4
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjrocks View Post
thank you for taking the time to help,
but sorry i was being a tool and forgot i had tried installing to the game folder first... doesnt load if you install it to main game and saved games path... got both of them working now.... just lookin for the id4 mod now
NP!
Tell me if you find it. Sounds fun!

Found this on reddit though.

"The 6th VFW are hosting an ID4 reenactment mission on their public server starting at 8pm EST. The required mods can be found on their discord"

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #5
ssjrocks

yeah ive scrolled and searched through their entire discord and cant find anything...
also would anyone know where to get the flyables mods for the 4ya servers.... f15e is another fav of mine... would love to fly it on a server that has other players regularly
Old 04-14-2020, 02:05 PM   #6
LTPERRY

Same problem with CAM, the mod is here and enable in module tab, but i can't choose any plane on editor mission is anyone have an idea ?
LTPERRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #7
Morpheus

Do you have CAM icon on main page of DCS ?

Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote