access to the early access after the F16 is out in EA possible ?

cmbaviator

Hi guys,

I'm new here, i dont know how EA works on DCS.

What i understand is that if I buy the F16c right now, i'll get the Early access module and 20% discount on the price.

But If i decide to buy it after the EA release, will I still be able to purchase it ( without the discount) or i must wait until the full release ?

Any idea on how long should the develepment take ? because I don't want to wait 5+ years to have a finished product

I bought the m2kc in 2015 but as it wasnt near as complete i put DCS on standy.

But even after 4years in development, it is still not finish I think. Granted Razbam is a small team compared to ED.

thnaks

Its an EA-product, as every other EA-game.

You buy it with a discount and when it will be released, you can fly it while the development is ongoing.

You can also buy it and fly it when its released but the price is higher.

Theres no difference when you buy it after release, only the discount for the people who preordered it.

HW-Specs: Ryzen 5800x | Gigaybte RTX 3080 | 32Gb DDR4-4000 | 2x M.2 970Evo + SSDs| LG 34" 21:9

Peripherie: Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Slew-Mod + Nyogel) + MFG Crosswind Pedals | SimShaker Jetpad | HP Reverb G2

If i decide to buy it after the EA release, will I still be able to purchase it ( without the discount) ?

Yes

Any idea on how long should the development take ? because I don't want to wait 5+ years to have a finished product

IIRC, it took about 3 years for the A-10C to be 'finalised'.

DCS is constantly changing and improving, as the core engine evolves, modules are constantly updated i.e. the A-10C is a 'finished' mature product but was/is still subject to bugs due to changes in 2.5.x FLIR rendering, AGM-65 flight modelling, etc.

The A-10C is due to get a reworked 2.5.x cockpit, like the Ka-50, etc. despite being released in 2011 and a 'finished' product.

I'm sure the F-16C will be similar and receive support / updates ensuring it's long term value.

I bought the m2kc in 2015 but as it wasnt near as complete i put DCS on standy.

But even after 4years in development, it is still not finish I think. Granted Razbam is a small team compared to ED.

IMHO the main stumbling block for ED's F-16C will be implementing it's A2G radar.

Although you may not like 'unfinished' products, the fact that developers are prepared to spend time reworking systems until they are right (years after their initial release), is one of the positive things about DCS.

You should likely buy the module when you think it has enough features and is sufficiently bug free to meet your requirements i.e. read the 'Early Access' feature list and road map; and wait for reviews/user feedback if uncertain.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yes

IIRC, it took about 3 years for the A-10C to be 'finalised'.

DCS is constantly changing and improving, as the core engine evolves, modules are constantly updated i.e. the A-10C is a 'finished' mature product but was/is still subject to bugs due to changes in 2.5.x FLIR rendering, AGM-65 flight modelling, etc.

The A-10C is due to get a reworked 2.5.x cockpit, like the Ka-50, etc. despite being released in 2011 and a 'finished' product.

I'm sure the F-16C will be similar and receive support / updates ensuring it's long term value.

IMHO the main stumbling block for ED's F-16C will be implementing it's A2G radar.

Although you may not like 'unfinished' products, the fact that developers are prepared to spend time reworking systems until they are right (years after their initial release), is one of the positive things about DCS.

You should likely buy the module when you think it has enough features and is sufficiently bug free to meet your requirements i.e. read the 'Early Access' feature list and road map; and wait for reviews/user feedback if uncertain.

yes you're right, I think i'll start learning the mirage 2kc first and then switch to the f16 when more features will be added

You can buy any module whenever you want and you'll immediately have access to it, in its current state at the time. The only thing you lose if you order the F-16 after its EA launch is the discount, nothing else. There are no pre-order advantages of any kind (as far as I know and I've been here for years). And about a year after it launches EA, it'll likely participate in sales events, like the Hornet does now, so you can buy it for a discounted price later as well.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I pre-ordered the F-16C Viper and what's next? Wait 5 more years to finish. I'm so dumb. One more early access module to my collection.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

I pre-ordered the F-16C Viper and what's next? Wait 5 more years to finish. I'm so dumb. One more early access module to my collection.
Then you are dumb and not prepare for EA. What do you want to hear? It is quite clear and has for many people huge advatabges, for me for example, im enjoying the hornet big time.

But again, is not for everybody.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Then you are dumb and not prepare for EA. What do you want to hear? It is quite clear and has for many people huge advatabges, for me for example, im enjoying the hornet big time.

But again, is not for everybody.

Yeah, we are dumb and spent money with eternals early access products. Thanks buddy. :thumbup:

Edited by SilentSierra

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

Yeah, we are dumb and spent money with eternals early access products. Thanks buddy.
As i say, i'm a happy early access client, I am enjoying the closest encarnation of a hornet ever made in a PC platflorm abd just recently i got my TGP, now i can do literally everything with it, just waiting for my beloved TWS.

And with regards to eternal EA, please define eternal... I am quite familiarized with complex SW product developments, which means that I was not expecting less than 2/2.5 years of development for the hornet, which leads to the main dissapointment most people have, they were expecting a 4/5 months implementation which is quite ridiculous if you stop to think on all the systems they are doing and to which level of detail they are doing them.

Yeah, we are dumb and spent money with eternals early access products. Thanks buddy. :thumbup:

EA is what it is, DCS is a constantly evolving platform too. I'm just along for the ride, though I think ED should make some better rules about what a minimum standard for a EA module is, what progress needs to be on an EA module, and a well defined minimum end state for EA modules.

On the plus side since DCS is ever evolving the old modules get "refreshed" from time to time. I actually think module maintenance is going to become a major problem for ED in the next few years though.

I just think of each EA module I buy as a yearly subscription fee and I get a new plane to muck about with.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).