No modules when offline?

mj3437

After a stunning display of lightning, I was left without internet. (modem and network adapter). This is when I realized that I could not use my purchased modules. I have always left the game in online mode, but I will change that if it means I cannot access my content when the internet is down. What am I misunderstanding?

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2

Offline is only good for three days...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

The three-day limit is too short, imo. It reminds me of an incident back in grad school where my internet company, for some genius reason, unplugged my internet while installing the neighbor's internet, and the idiots left me unplugged for two bloody weeks.

• ED Team

If you go into offline mode you will get longer, but you need a internet connection before going into off line mode

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

as a work around in that scenario it is possible to bridge a connection on a mobile device just to enable the login and switch to offline mode.

I know not everyone will have the facility to do this but wanted to mention as an option.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So I would be better off in offline mode in anticipation of another internet outage? July and August have numerous thunder storms around here. How long in offline do I have?

The more I think about this, the more perturbed I become. I bought the software, I legally installed the software, but I can't use the software? Something isn't right here.:mad:

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2

• ED Team

Hi

the terms clearly states requires internet activation.

In usual cases of internet interruption 3 days is sufficient.

For users who know they will be without internet they can use the offline mode to prolong the activation timer.

Of-course to update or play multiplayer a connection is required.

If you have any more questions please contact support directly

thanks

Hi

the terms clearly states requires internet activation.

IMHO the statement at the shop page is misleading because

"requires internet activation" does not mean "requires frequent internet access"

• ED Team
IMHO the statement at the shop page is misleading because

"requires internet activation" does not mean "requires frequent internet access"

I don't know how you could have internet activation without a connection?

And you don't need a frequent connection, ED have an offline mode for users.

I don't know how you could have internet activation without a connection?

I don't know either. Why do you ask? I didn't made such statement.

And you don't need a frequent connection, ED have an offline mode for users.

I'm curious, how many users actually know about the offline mode?

And if in offline mode multiplayer is not possible. What happens if one plays in multiplayer and then there is an ISP outtage for more than 3 days. Of course multiplayer is not possible then, thats ok. But after 3 days he can't also play SP anymore.

I repeat my opinion about this DRM scheme: it's user hostile!

I don't know either. Why do you ask? I didn't made such statement.

I'm curious, how many users actually know about the offline mode?

And if in offline mode multiplayer is not possible. What happens if one plays in multiplayer and then there is an ISP outtage for more than 3 days. Of course multiplayer is not possible then, thats ok. But after 3 days he can't also play SP anymore.

I repeat my opinion about this DRM scheme: it's user hostile!

It has been announced in the weekly news and is further explained here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207670

And as it says: You can play DCS offline without a timelimit!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Offline mode is a very handy feature, especially for users who go away and work for long periods without an internet connection.

The 3 day limit without using offline mode is usually sufficient for periods of short internet disconnects.

If you ever have any queries please also contact support who will be happy to assist.