Why the nose is greenish?

csper

Radomes are very regularly painted

Yes, you are right. My statement was incorrect in that matter. But paint can very much affect radio waves if the paint contains conductive material such as metallic powder or graphite. But of course there are products for this application and radomes, fairings etc. are painted or coated regularly.

The Eurofighter's radome is also not painted and it is forbidden to apply any kind of paint, that is why I made that statement. Interestingly it appears to not be coated as well, bu it seems unlikely that they would leave it completely unprotected.

And if I think about it, the Starfighter's radome is painted, the Tornado's also. So yeah... you are correct.

Edited by Drotik

You folks need to get out more.

-edit

I'm referring to the shading complaints, which are likely influenced by environment like the cockpits are (ever notice the shifting interior glow as you fly around? It sometimes pretty jarring). It's also a prerelease screenshot, so not psrticularly noteworthy

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Nose

The nose cone is made of a material like fiberglass and not of the aluminum of the main aircraft so there is a color change when painted. The original A model was black and changed in later models to a more grey/green color to match the main color of the aircraft.