Which warplanes have updated cockpit?

Hydrox

I can't say about rain drops. The Mustang has them, that's all I've ever flown in rain though.

The Spitfire is the most beautiful imo, however the new 190A8 looks stunning as well. The Mustang is the least gorgeous with the graphics engine, in that the texture resolution is on the lower end (it is the oldest warbird, to be fair). However, the “unpainted” wings don't look right at all. Rather nasty actually. Instead of being the aluminum paint color they should be, they're nearly stark white.

This issue comes down to the roughmet map for the wings. The lack of a blue channel is one of those problems and the extreme of the green is one of those issues.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I mean updated to 'current standards', have raindrops effect and such. So they are good looking with the current lighting system.

all textures and lighting were updated for all warbirds.

there is one big but!!

lighting in spitfire is total ****ed up because sun shine through cockpit and this bug is for quite time already.

and same is with spitfire textures they were preaty good since its new warbirds so i particulary didnt see any major changes.

p-51D fw190d9 and bf109 k4 did get noticable graphical upgrade

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

They only got updated textures but no new 3D model which means some things do still look edgy. The Spitfire and the Fw-190A8 are new so they are quite up-to-date, but the others, only in terms of textures up-to-date.

D9 has the raindrops.

They only got updated textures but no new 3D model which means some things do still look edgy. The Spitfire and the Fw-190A8 are new so they are quite up-to-date, but the others, only in terms of textures up-to-date.

D9 has the raindrops.

agree only textures and p-51d-25 got small 3d model change

if i would have to choose which one is ugliest i would choose fw190 D9 3d model is abosulute disaster

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Seriously can't understand this, first they bring the feature rain droplets, then even after updating the textures they don't implement them into modules.

Edit: I bought the Bf 109, it indeed has the raindrops and looks fantastic. I spoke too soon apparently. So my bad.

Edited by Hydrox

Seriously can't understand this, first they bring the feature rain droplets, then even after updating the textures they don't implement them into modules.

Edit: I bought the Bf 109, it indeed has the raindrops and looks fantastic. I spoke too soon apparently. So my bad.

Be sure to buy the Anton and Spitfire as well. Those two are even mode gorgeous!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree, that the Spitfire cockpit looks really, really nice from a graphical standpoint.

But from a sim pilots standpoint I just can't stand the layout. It's dark, the dials are hard to read, they are relativly small and the needles are skinny. I don't understand what the engineers where thinking back in the day. :huh:

So even if the cockpit of the P-51D is not as pretty in the sim, I find it more enjoyable.

And yes, the cockpit of the Fw190 is both pretty an well layed out.

I agree, that the Spitfire cockpit looks really, really nice from a graphical standpoint.

But from a sim pilots standpoint I just can't stand the layout. It's dark, the dials are hard to read, they are relativly small and the needles are skinny. I don't understand what the engineers where thinking back in the day. :huh:

So even if the cockpit of the P-51D is not as pretty in the sim, I find it more enjoyable.

And yes, the cockpit of the Fw190 is both pretty an well layed out.

Heh, a bit off topic, but the Spitfire's cockpit layout is actually one of the things I like about it. I don't have issues with reading the dials, but all the levers that haphazardly stick out into the cockpit (while the 190 and P-51 have very flush cockpits) are one of the things that appeal to me. It feels kinda steampunk, minus the steam part.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heh, a bit off topic, but the Spitfire's cockpit layout is actually one of the things I like about it. I don't have issues with reading the dials, but all the levers that haphazardly stick out into the cockpit (while the 190 and P-51 have very flush cockpits) are one of the things that appeal to me. It feels kinda steampunk, minus the steam part.

there is one big shit designe in spitfire cocpit

pilot have to switch hands to rise landign gear

bf109 have good aragment of cocpit