Why So Expensive? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #41
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dakota View Post
Sure its an amazing game but, if you want all the modules your paying WAY more than you would for any other full game. Your only buying a small part of it. £40 for 1 aircraft? I could buy 2 good games or 1 fully fledged media changing game for that!
One Aircraft equals one Series of "normal" games, that get "GameTitle" then 2 years later "GameTitle II" and a "Succesor/Prequel" with the same Game and updates to graphics etc. paid for again and again every year... DCS you get the Game upgrades for free.
It took me about 4 to 5 Years to really deep dive into the A-10C alone, no other "game" gave me that much revenue in fun and playtime! The Harrier, F-14 and F/A-18 start keeping up with the A-10 now, so comparing the price for a high fidelity module to a normal game DCS modules are a bargain for me.
The real price tag comes with the hardware.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Last edited by shagrat; 08-13-2019 at 10:31 AM.
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #42
MegOhm_SD

I really can’t put a price on the enjoyment I get from DCS. Doesn’t matter...and is far cheaper than many things people blow money on. Like the tab at happy hour can be more than a module...where all you get out of it is a headache, feeling like crap later and your friends telling you how stupid you were acting.

Thing is....Zuckerberg is definitely an Alien... Some Kind of Grey Hybrid

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 65" Samsung 4k 8 Series, Oculus S, Win 10
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #43
animaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegOhm_SD View Post
...where all you get out of it is a headache, feeling like crap later and your friends telling you how stupid you were acting.

Yep, that sounds like my recent attempts going up against the skilled players on a certain multiplayer server