optional realistic tracking border for 6DOF (VR, TrackIR)

D4n

A server-variable, so that PvP-multiplayer-serveradmins can enable the border, so that pilots can only see as much as realistically, without sticking their heads through the canopy material and can see better+more area than a real pilot can see. Especially important for DCS F-16 release, as it's canopy design is supposed to have a major advantage over other fighters' canopy-visibility-designs.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

TrackIR as it is now can’t move beyond the canopy

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Dangerous thing for VR to limit camera. Instead just darken/blurry view then.

Indeed. Another game has this, and I find it so intrusive that I dont fly it.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

"intrusive" how?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

"intrusive" how?

When you're moving your head in VR and the "virtual" head suddenly stops when it hits the canopy even though your real head is still moving it creates and instant and horrible disconnect between what you are seeing and what you are feeling + how your brain expects the objects close to you (the cockpit) to be moving = :puke:

Its also the reason I don't fly that "other" sim. First time it happened to me I was like "nope!" and didn't go back.

I'm fine with it being blurry, or dark when outside of the canopy area (as long as its optional), But please DO NOT LIMIT VR HEAD MOVEMENT.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Dangerous thing for VR to limit camera. Instead just darken/blurry view then.

When you're moving your head in VR and the "virtual" head suddenly stops when it hits the canopy even though your real head is still moving it creates and instant and horrible disconnect between what you are seeing and what you are feeling + how your brain expects the objects close to you (the cockpit) to be moving = :puke:

Its also the reason I don't fly that "other" sim. First time it happened to me I was like "nope!" and didn't go back.

I'm fine with it being blurry, or dark when outside of the canopy area (as long as its optional), But please DO NOT LIMIT VR HEAD MOVEMENT.

You guys realized that the VR movement is limited already?

Did you ever tried to get REAL CLOSE to the side consoles? The warning lights on the harrier? The weapon wheel in the Tomcat RIO pit?

I would welcome it, if that restriction would be gone, and a canopy restriction would be there.

I don't see any "immersive" problems with it. Its glas. I just can't go further.

To go through the glass is a more breaking experience.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

... instant and horrible disconnect between what you are seeing and what you are feeling + how your brain expects the objects close to you (the cockpit) to be moving = :puke:

Then our brains have to get used to that... Or yes, a lot blurriness when "touching" the canopy.

Then our brains have to get used to that...

No.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

And I dont understand the problem with it either? I can just roll my plane to see over the side, if Im physically incapable of. I dont need to do all kind of weird crap to see what Im doing. Its hard enough already to look around in VR, compared to monitor.

Add to that, that we already have limits in place, that already are intrusive as f*** if you ask me. When flying using TIR, the limits are at times commanding head movements that Im not asking for. Like being pushed further down in the seat. Makes my head spin.

What "no", you think human brain can't get used to that? I'd say one technique to not get dizzy there is to imagine where you're sitting IRL, and how your head is moving in your own room (in front of your screen). If that's not enough, then additionally closing the eyes could help.

What "no", you think human brain can't get used to that? I'd say one technique to not get dizzy there is to imagine where you're sitting IRL, and how your head is moving in your own room (in front of your screen). If that's not enough, then additionally closing the eyes could help.

LOL. Are you seriously suggesting we have to fly with our eyes closed, so you can get your little delusional multiplayer balance on?

"Its hard enough already to look around in VR, compared to monitor."

VR is a different thing than monitor, VR = in- AND output, monitor = output only. So what kind of input device do you mean in in your sentence, to "look around" ? VR is 1000x better to look (and fully realistic) around than using the hat on the joystick or than mouse......

Zhukov, what do you mean by "all those nearly blind VR pilots" ? 1440x1440 per eye is amazing resolution.

"my" problem is our problem. And it's only solved on the day that ED adds this. then it's solved.

"my" problem is our problem. And it's only solved on the day that ED adds this. then it's solved.

No.

That's your personal opinion. DCS exists because of it's realism... Else you'd already play a different aircraft game

Lol, external views, few minute rearms and repairs, much realism online servers, sure. So real, much wow, totally qualified to fly the real deal :p In the long list of things in need of fixing, heads clipping through the canopy is somewhere at the bottom :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

On another sim that doesn’t have TrackIR limits, it’s bothersome because your head can clip through the seat back and blind you or whatever.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5