How do I get mission with pod? noob needs help

silent one

Im a total noob so unsure how I get to train with the pod , or in fact any weapon in the beta thats not in a training mission. Theres no training missions and quick mission wont pick the pod setup. Is the only way using ht emission designer. Which is daunting and I can work it out currently. I cant see how I change my loadout either :(

any quick fixes or points to a tutorial would be hugely helpful. Yes I did do a search but didnt find anything so far.

You can also change your loadout while standing on an allied airfield

Enter it through your radio menu "/" and select ground communications. When you select rearm/refuel a window will popup where you can change your loadout. Tpod can be selected under station 5 (centerline station)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just choose one of the weapons qualification missions and change your loadout (depending on whether you want to practice with JDAMs, JGBs or LMAVs just put them on the pylons, a Litening pod under the belly and you are away).

For my next sortie though I plan on doing the airfield strike mission from the campaign with a targeting pod and JDAMs, those pesky Shilka's and low-altitude SAMs will not bother me this time!

• 3 weeks later...
You can also change your loadout while standing on an allied airfield

Enter it through your radio menu "/" and select ground communications. When you select rearm/refuel a window will popup where you can change your loadout. Tpod can be selected under station 5 (centerline station)

Or you can simply hit LAlt - ' to bring up the "Rearming and Refueling Window" (apparently only while on the ground at a friendly base that has the "resources") where you can load your plane up with anything you want. Took me a while to figure this out too...

What I did was just load up a targeting pod, some GBUs, Mavericks what have you, then went out and indiscriminately dropped them on whatever objects, vehicles and buildings I could find in the local area.

:pilotfly:

Edited by dchriest

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Im a total noob so unsure how I get to train with the pod , or in fact any weapon in the beta thats not in a training mission. Theres no training missions and quick mission wont pick the pod setup. Is the only way using ht emission designer. Which is daunting and I can work it out currently. I cant see how I change my loadout either :(

any quick fixes or points to a tutorial would be hugely helpful. Yes I did do a search but didnt find anything so far.

Yes, it's a frustrating situation for newcomers or those not familiar with Mission Editor. As I have said in other posts, I don't know why the missions in tutorials can't simply be linked to in the many videos that are posted by Wags, Grim Reapers, Spud, RedKite, etc. I mean they must exist to do the tutorials, so hitting the save button and posting a link would really help those new to DCS and its beta functions.

Attached is a mission to test JDAMs and the TGP. (Just a modified version of one of the stock missions.)

I hope that helps you.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box