Viper HOTAS button commands?

Voyager

Does anyone have a list of what the F-16 HOTAS buttons actually command? I.e. the real aircraft's keymapping?

While I'm not currently planning on getting the F-16 myself, my HOTAS is largely based on the F-16 stick, so I'm trying to mirror the aircraft's controls as much as possible with my keymappings, to minimize controller confusion between different platforms.

Thank you.

Harry Voyager

We are not allowed to post illustrations taken from the real manual :( ... but if you google around you are sure to find it, like I did mine ... search for "T.O. GR1F�16CJ�1"

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On the ground with weight on wheels, it does NWS. In the air in AA master mode it is missile step. During AAR it will command a disconnect from the boom.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I am struck by how the index finger button does seem to be the "context sensitive command" buttom...

Why?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I am struck by how the index finger button does seem to be the "context sensitive command" buttom...

If I understand what you mean, most HOTAS button in the F-16 will change functionality depending on software, Sensor of Interest (SOI), main mode, the weapons, how long you press the button, how many times you press them, etc.

For example:

- uncage will do different thing with the AIM-9, AGM-88, AIM-120, etc.

- TMS forward over set time or double pressing it in different radar mode has different effects.

We will need to see what ED models. ( In terms of OFP and other software in the F-16)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Why?

Because it's a very MegasXL sort of button and I wasn't expecting to see on in an actual aircraft. They've only been in FPS games for the last five-ten years or so.

In retrospect it makes sense that there would be controls like that, but it isn't something I've thought of myself before.

Because it's a very MegasXL sort of button and I wasn't expecting to see on in an actual aircraft. They've only been in FPS games for the last five-ten years or so.

In retrospect it makes sense that there would be controls like that, but it isn't something I've thought of myself before.

The A-10C and F-18 already have context aware multi-function buttons. It’s nothing that new.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Does DCS not work with DX-Commands? If no, it will get tricky, but if yes, there is no need for any key command or something similar. That is all in the game code. All other ways would make me wonder… Just assign a button function to a DX button and the rest.. you also have buttons that need to be pressed below 0,5s and others that need a longer press.

At switching to DCS I do not want to work with 20th century stuff like joystick profiles. :huh:

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06