Will it stay like this?

Malexx

I wonder what will happen with the mig19?

Will this evolve or is it supposed to stay like this?

What about the sound? What about Textures?

FFB,i wont even ask no more ......

I was so excited to buy and fly this module ....... but .... I just don't feel it.

And when I watch the reviews on youtube of some known people .... Sound, Textures ........

So please, make this module enjoyable!

I wonder what will happen with the mig19?

Will this evolve or is it supposed to stay like this?

What about the sound? What about Textures?

FFB,i wont even ask no more ......

I was so excited to buy and fly this module ....... but .... I just don't feel it.

And when I watch the reviews on youtube of some known people .... Sound, Textures ........

So please, make this module enjoyable!

I would personaly wait. Ihave the Mig-19 and i enjoy it but it doesnt feel complete.

Bugs and other things need to be fixed.

Paintkit still not released.

So there you go

g8PjVMw.png

.. I was so excited to buy and fly this module ....... but .... I just don't feel it.

I would personaly wait. Ihave the Mig-19 and i enjoy it but it doesnt feel complete ..

On my case, I find the textures fine, I'm no artist and thus wouldnt be able to use the paintkit, and the aircraft doesnt have important bugs (at least I havent found any) ...

.. but the control bindings for the radio and gunsight dials have several issues that I reported a couple of months back and yet they are still unresolved, these issues prevent me from having a proper Hotas configuration, thus taking away from the flying enjoyment of this aircraft.

.. I also miss the Failures tab on the Mission Editor, that make impossible to create missions to practice the Emergency procedures .. the MiG is supossed to have a Damage Model, but we have no means to induce a failure on demand.

So, with reluctance I opted to store my MiG on the Hangar and had to leave my Mission Series unfinished (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234073) and sadly I also didn't got to fly the Campaign crafted by Baltic Dragon, as my Hotas config was lacking.

It's a sad situation and I can only hope that Razbam will eventually get back to the -19 and fix these issues ... one thing is for sure: I wont be purchasing the MiG-23 on release, like I did with the -19.

:(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Agreed.....My wish list of bugs/annoyances include fixing the starboard antenna,which is not textured or painted in any way,fixing the vital missing air release 'hiss' sound to wheelbrake,and at the top of the list having a paint kit made available.

I fully appreciate the MiG-19P was a WIP when I purchased it,but months on,some of these very basic problems ought to have been addressed.

As to the MiG-23....I also will not be purchasing it on release,I just haven't been that impressed on the way the MiG-19P has been updated by RAZBAM.

It's just all very haphazard and amateurish.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Any comments on how the FM is these days? I've held off on buying it, and Rudels comments on not being able to properly setup a hotas as it works in the plane are one deal breaker for me, the FM still being bad would be another. I have no problem waiting though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

We all say the FM is bad but we have no data sources to prove otherwise, So in theory we just make assumptions. Remember DCS is still just a flight sim/game so its not ever going to be exact to true life. No one knows, Setting the hotas as it works in the plane as in key bindings?

Any comments on how the FM is these days?

I'm not a pilot in real life, nor have I ever flown a MiG-19, so I dont feel able to comment much on the FM .. for me the plane handled fine and believable, initially it was hard to taxi but Razbam tuned the low-rpm thrust and/or the brakes effectiveness and afterwards the taxi was much better.

I've held off on buying it, and Rudels comments on not being able to properly setup a hotas as it works in the plane are one deal breaker for me

I had two issues with the bindings .. the first being binding the tuning knob of the radio .. the aircraft has no autopilot, so it is kind of critical being able to tune the radio without taking my hands away from the stick .. so I placed this bug report:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242058

The second issue I had, was with the bindings for the sight, only the Optical target Range knob can be binded to perfection, but the target wingspan knob nor the dive angle knob work well, as they are too coarse .. this is the bug report:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242229

Less important, but still a big deal to me as I wanted to edit some missions to practice Emergency Procedures, the Failures Tab is not implemented yet:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242303

So, after learning to fly the aircraft quite well, I elected to park her for a while ... I'd love to have been able to fly the Campaign, as it seems quite nice, judging from Spudknocker's videos:

IVI5osluggk

ry5BgEEjZ5A

5ZUsLm2w07Y

... but I didnt want to get frustrated by my Hotas issues, so to the hangar she went :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is not a bad module. They are still working on it. Granted, the last few patches have been slanted more towards the M2KC and the AV8B, but those modules have been out longer.

The team has said they are working to finish all 3 of their current modules before releasing new ones.

I find the current FM to be pretty good. They have posted their internal testing and it all matches up well, except for a few specific areas. They have improved it a lot already. The low speed area especially.

There is a long list of things still to fix, but that's the case with every DCS aircraft. This one doesn't seem to be that far behind the rest, to me anyway.

Edited by Paganus
typo

I think the Fm in its current form is great, what is missing from it?

I do have minor gripes like the middle flaps position doesn’t work at high speeds as maneuvering flaps like manual says, or electronic backup for elevator works to fast instead of super slow as manual says. And we do really need that paint kit.

What’s wrong with FFB? it seems to increase strength with g

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

We all say the FM is bad but we have no data sources to prove otherwise, So in theory we just make assumptions. Remember DCS is still just a flight sim/game so its not ever going to be exact to true life. No one knows, Setting the hotas as it works in the plane as in key bindings?

I haven't been following all the mig19 drama with bated breath, and I know as released the FM was bad, then it got some fixes, so I'm mainly wondering where its at right now. I'm not really a FM purist, but stuff like super cruise in level flight that was mentioned when it shouldn't be able to do stuff like that is the kind of stuff I mean. From the comments here it sounds like its mostly ok?

As for the HOTAS. Basically what I like to do is map whatever the real world functionality the plane has on the HOTAS (and I use the term loosely for old school fighters) onto my hotas.

So for example on the mig21 throttle thats the range knob, radio PTT and SPDRDT and FLAPS switches because they are "close enough" to the hotas and fairly useful. Same for the stick (SAU buttons, radar lock, trim, trigger etc).

Otherwise I click the buttons in my VR pit. And once I get my point control I'll probably unmap that "close" stuff since if I have to take my hand off the throttle to push a flap button I want to do that.

So If there is non-mappable functionality like that for the mig19 I'll hold off, I have plenty of other stuff to fly until it matures a bit and the last thing I need is another plane to moan about :music_whistling:.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

^ That's good news at least. What about sustained turn performance? When it was released it was a beast that would bleed no energy in turns whatsoever (I saw somebody claiming that at mil power it was better than an F15 in full AB), is that still the case?

I think it was fixed but I would have to check cpt smileys thread. I do know the last update to the FM months ago added a lot of missing drag at high alpha, so sustained turning and especially flaring on final are more difficult

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Frankly, I'm loving this module. I have't notice any real problems with bugs mentioned but perhaps I'm focusing on the enjoyment I do get with this module. Still trying to figure out fighting with it though, even against the AI on a one to one scale. No warning receiver except that very primitive one which only warns me from behind and then it's too late. Difficult forward vision due to canopy frame. Crappy radar vs anything else. At a certain "G" your missiles drop off. Very difficult fighter to take on opponents with. Still, having a blast with it.

From my point of view most issues with the Flight model have been fixed.

What is really the Bain of this module keeping me from enjoying it are the Key bindings. It's not that they are not in there. They just don't work. Many buttons only work if you bind them on a key but not on the hotas. But the worst offender is the ndb turning knob. There are button bindings but they both turn it in the same direction. If you try to drag your Mouse, it will flip flop back and forth. The only way to use it is by Mouse wheel scrolling. And when you finally have set the right frequency you are probably on the brink of crashing into something. Most missions will require you to Navigate by ndb stations. So as petty as it sounds, I would hold of from buying it until at least this little crank is fixed.

... But the worst offender is the ndb turning knob. ... So as petty as it sounds, I would hold of from buying it until at least this little crank is fixed.

Same here. And I can't understand why this little thing is still not fixed half a year after release! :(

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Oh please no grim reaper review i watched the Mig-19 he complained about the textures like an 8-bit Nintendo failing to notice he was zoomed in (Well yes you zoom in and all aircraft will look like an 8-bit Nintendo) Ive pointed that out already.

No, it won't stay like this. All the issues that Rudel mentions are legit and they will be fixed. Please keep in mind that the Harrier and Mirage have more priority now as they were first in the line.

For those that are worried about the FM, there have been more than enough comparisons between the real performance charts and simulated ones in this forum. More than 60 additions to FM modelling reflected in changelogs, abundant technical disscusions in our Discord channel. The current FM includes a quite complex overload and engine simulation. You could also read CYLON post above.

About those asking for the paintkit, please understand that it is a free feature that developers are not forced to deliver. With more time it will be made available.

There are a few more things that need to be enabled in the FM yet as well. These will be posted in the changelogs as updates roll up.

Oh please no grim reaper review i watched the Mig-19 he complained about the textures like an 8-bit Nintendo failing to notice he was zoomed in (Well yes you zoom in and all aircraft will look like an 8-bit Nintendo) Ive pointed that out already.

LOL, I remember when 8 bit nintendo was all the rage graphically speaking... And while I'm pretty much always happy with how razbam modules look, its the "functionality" that I'm way more worried about.

There was a post with S pictures, I think it’s called how to attach three cannons to a wing. I would guess it is part of the future changes Overstratos mentions. It does require a FM with less nose weight and drag

EDIT: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3575679

Im sure when we see the S is when we’ll get these final minor polishes

I dunno, I think a J-6 would be pretty cool too. Dunno how different it was, but it was definitely in service longer and fought in more wars (VN and Pak/indo)