DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread - Page 100 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #991
bell_rj

Please ED, for the sake of your customers, only accept patches if they are accompanied by patch notes. It's annoying (as well as being very unprofessional) that changes are being released without patch notes and what's more it is easily within ED's control to resolve this rediculous situation. This is not some freeware mobile app but an expensive product and lacking patch notes for any code distributed by ED is totally inappropriate.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #992
MrDieing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_rj View Post
Please ED, for the sake of your customers, only accept patches if they are accompanied by patch notes. It's annoying (as well as being very unprofessional) that changes are being released without patch notes and what's more it is easily within ED's control to resolve this rediculous situation. This is not some freeware mobile app but an expensive product and lacking patch notes for any code distributed by ED is totally inappropriate.
You forgot to mention that this is your opinion and that you do not represent the community as a whole
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #993
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDieing View Post
You forgot to mention that this is your opinion and that you do not represent the community as a whole
I think he is quite right.

Sent from my iQE100 while I was inverted

My YouTube channel

SPECS
-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz
-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P
-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g
-16 GB RAM
-Saitek X 52
-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led
BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #994
some1

Quote:
It makes you wonder though, who's testing those updates if ED does not even know what's inside them?

Owned modules & betas: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C; SA-342; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37; AV-8B;NTTR; PG
Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #995
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
It makes you wonder though, who's testing those updates if ED does not even know what's inside them?
Please don't make assumptions that you know what goes on w/ a Developers Internal Operations or Testers.

ED Knows what's changes are committed, as do testers, both ED's and the 3rd Party's own Independent Testers.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #996
MrDieing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
I think he is quite right.

Sent from my iQE100 while I was inverted
What is your point? That the two of you combined do represent the communties wishes? My point is, people think their own problems they have with the game is the most important one and should be fixed immediatly. To make a point about the topic, if there is no changelog then you can expect there to be nothing more but very minor (unnoticeable) changes. Major changes are sure to get attention either in a changelog or otherwise on the forums.
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:41 PM   #997
bell_rj

Quote:
No, I did not forget. There is nothing in my profile, signature, or posts to suggest that I represent ED, one of their partners, any third party, or have been elected as some sort of community/customer spokesperson. Therefore it may reasonably be assumed that I post as an individual. Since we are not the Borg, I must be speaking my own mind and only for myself.

Last edited by bell_rj; 04-16-2018 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added word for clarity
bell_rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #998
some1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
ED Knows what's changes are committed, as do testers, both ED's and the 3rd Party's own Independent Testers.
So if you know what changes are committed, why most of the time those changelogs are not published with the update?
All in all, that would also make our life as customers and early adopters easier.

Owned modules & betas: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C; SA-342; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37; AV-8B;NTTR; PG
Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:59 AM   #999
=DECOY=

Quote:
So if you know what changes are committed, why most of the time those changelogs are not published with the update?
All in all, that would also make our life as customers and early adopters easier.
From memory from an old video - it was stated the whole team work on updates and fixes with one doing the list, meaning a lot it missed off.

I understand the frustration
BUT im sure you can see a list of 'what's been updated ' on your machine after you update

In the update log in saved games / logs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Razbam Community Manager
i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1
Razbam Website | Facebook Page | Offical Razbam YouTube Channel

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #1000
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
There are two different types of changelogs. There is the internal changelog/tasklog that contains everything that has beeing worked on and then there is the public changelog that only contains stuff that is relevant and intended for the customers. Which items will get on the public patchlog and which items don't has to be decided by the dev team. ED can do that for their own stuff, but they can't make this decision for the 3rd parties, so they have to provide their own public changelog. Some 3rd parties provide them to ED, so ED can include it in the official update patch notes news. Some 3rd parties make their own patch note threads in thir subforums and some don't do anything like that.
This is also a bit difficult for 3rd party devs as they send their changes to ED on a regular basis, but they don't necessarily know when ED is releasing a new update. That means that a 3rd party dev might commit several changes to ED untill ED releases them as part of a new DCS update and the 3rd party dev then doesn't know which of his changes are included in the new DCS update.

That's at least what I gathered from following this issue over several years.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote