Memory Limit/Load Issues - Page 21 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #201
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikus View Post
DCS don´t need to look better, now looks really good.
DCS looks good, it can always be better.

Quote:
- Dynamic campaign
ED has been working on Dynamic offerings for some time; it will come.
Quote:
- New weather engine
What would you like to see different from what we have?
Quote:
- More pilots, ground units, naval in a mission
- Bigger maps
With people complaining about having to have more RAM already, you think this is going to be feasible? There are a lot of things that need to happen on the hardware side for this to become a reality. It is what ED is working towards, it takes time.

Quote:
This is not Persian Gulf:
//redacted///
This is Persian Gulf:
//redacted///
Disagree. If you eat a single slice of pizza and not the entire pizza are you still eating pizza?
Old 04-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #202
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:

What DCS need is:

- Dynamic campaign
- New weather engine
- More pilots, ground units, naval in a mission
- Bigger maps

This is not Persian Gulf:

This is Persian Gulf:

Well, more units, bigger maps, with 256 GB RAM in an watercooled i7 @ 5GHz plus at least a 1080ti... Maybe around 30fps.

Now about Persian Gulf. Wags explained that they changed the name, from "Strait of Hormuz" to "Persian Gulf", because A) a lot of their customers in a certain country bordering on the Atlantic and Pacific may not identify "Strait of Hormuz" with the Persian Gulf. In addition there is the option to later extend the map to include more of the Persian Gulf... When everybody bought a new PC and the 1080ti and 32GB RAM are considered a mid-range PC.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
Old 04-15-2018, 08:43 PM   #203
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:

What DCS need is:
By the way, that is more likely what you need, not necessarily DCS.

Others would argue, we need more and better campaigns for single player, others would prefer a focus on a dedicated server and network multiplayer in dual cockpits improved. Yet others would argue for better AI, damage model, more decent mission editor with 3D placement, and so on, and so forth.

All(!) of this would be great to have, but there are limited resources and possibilities to achieve this. That is why there is a priorization based on a lot of factors...

Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
Old 04-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #204
Rikus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
In addition there is the option to later extend the map to include more of the Persian Gulf... When everybody bought a new PC and the 1080ti and 32GB RAM are considered a mid-range PC.
Looking the actual specs for actual size of maps, i don´t think we will have 100% of the Persian Gulf in lot of years, sadly.

For me, calling Persian Gulf to Strait of Hormuz is misleading advertising, because they are selling 1/3 of the Persian Gulf.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:16 PM   #205
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Looking the actual specs for actual size of maps, i don´t think we will have 100% of the Persian Gulf in lot of years, sadly.

For me, calling Persian Gulf to Strait of Hormuz is misleading advertising, because they are selling 1/3 of the Persian Gulf.
Well, they put a photo, videos and Text detailing the "Persian Gulf" Map and its size, etc. If you think this is misleading, because you can't be bothered with actually reading/looking at the stuff you buy, than you should be damn careful when you go shopping.
On the other hand, the Strait of Hormuz is just the sea area between Iran and Dubai, Bahrain, UAE... Not the Iranian countryside 150 nm to the north and 100nm UAE etc. to the south.
That is misleading, as well.

Anyway you are never forced to buy something, if you don't like it, or don't feel comfortable with it.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #206
StandingCow

I suspect that ED would release a lower quality "world map" or at least a larger map along with their dynamic campaign. Something more typical of what most large scale flight sims use.

~Moo
Old 04-16-2018, 05:53 AM   #207
Rumination

Is there any way to make the memory issue better? I only have 8GB of RAM and the game is semi-unplayable. I can only join servers that have 4 people and the game crashes, a lot. Even in SP the game crashes frequently and its a real pain in the ass.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #208
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumination View Post
Is there any way to make the memory issue better? I only have 8GB of RAM and the game is semi-unplayable. I can only join servers that have 4 people and the game crashes, a lot. Even in SP the game crashes frequently and its a real pain in the ass.
You can wait for the update that will unload items from the memory so you don't crash. Or reduce your textures and preload radius for now...that should help.

~Moo
Old 04-16-2018, 08:25 AM   #209
Shaman
Veteran

What version of GeForce drivers do ED developers recommend for 2.5 release version?

:: Shaman aka Shamansky
tail# 44 (RU) or 444 (US)
Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #210
BIGNEWY
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
What version of GeForce drivers do ED developers recommend for 2.5 release version?
they don't have a recommendation other than you should be using the latest ones available.