Updated Black Shark Cockpit: Beautiful!

sleepycanuck

Just d/l'd the latest open beta update for DCSW ... first thing I did was fire up the Ka-50.

Beautiful job on the cockpit!

In VR it is alive now and feels like it is occupying space with a very detailed surface.

Also, great work on the updated sound files and sound processing as well. It now sounds like the beast it is.

So very pleased with this update ... I will definitely be purchasing BS3 when available!

Well done to one and all who worked on this.

:thumbup:

SleepyCanuck :sleep:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Overall I am happy with the update as well. Cockpit looks much better than before even tho it is not something impressive unfortunately doesn't even get close to the art work of heatblur.

So, it is better than before and I hope they will try a bit harder with the BS3 visuals !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems you may have started a new thread for one that already exists?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263208

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Out of the blue

Dear ED team,

Please accept my many thanks for your efforts with the new KA-50 Cockpit, I do enjoy your work very much. :thumbup:

Evidently I will buy the next KA-50 version that you are just working on!

Best regards

Fastbreak

P.S.: Don't forget about the remaining tiny flaws detective.gif

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

It seems you may have started a new thread for one that already exists?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263208

Yep its becoming painful recently i dont think people bother to read the subject posts prior to posting their own - annoy as just clogs up the forums and wastes time.

Seen it happen loads recently with bug reporting.

Agree with the OP - few bugs to solve but big improvement

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Remember, this free update got a inferior graphics and textures. You need to buy the BS3 to get the high detailed cockpit with high resolution textures. So wait your minds to blow some more!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Thanks to the updated geometry the Shkval display appears larger, with larger fonts/symbols as well, which is esp useful in VR.

Thanks ED! Falling in love again with the Ka-50 (and I cannot wait for Blackshark 3).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It's the praise thread for the people who like it. Let 'em have it.

AHHHH,,, ok,,, LOL

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Remember, this free update got a inferior graphics and textures.

I would imagine all EDs in-house modelling and texture work will be done to a set standard. With BS3, I'm only expecting more functionality, not a jump in visual quality.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Remember, this free update got a inferior graphics and textures. You need to buy the BS3 to get the high detailed cockpit with high resolution textures. So wait your minds to blow some more!

Source ?

… or no-one said in writing that this wasn't true, so it must be ?

Cheers.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's most probably an erroneous assumption based on that information:

Later in 2020, we will release DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark 3. This upgrade will build on the free cockpit update and add the following features:

[…]

Completely new external model with a much-improved 3D mesh detail and textures. It will also account for the new systems like the Missile Launch Warning Systems, Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) and the Igla air-to-air missiles.

[source]

I'm not really surprised a few people seem to forget that cockpit is a free update for a product sold years ago.

So, yes, it's obviously to raise it to the level of the other modules so it stays reasonably usable (and more enjoyable), and to sell a newer/improved product in the process. It requires production cost, testing, etc. The usual. But it's there for us at no additional cost. I'd say it's a very nice update.

The rendering engine has obvious limitations, partly explained by ED's COO recently.

ED has to make it compatible with VR and standard monitors. For multiple systems some with poor CPU/GPU/memory some with much more power.

We won't get 4k textures for each 3D object in that cockpit, and maybe there are engine limitations too.

ED can't make it with full RTX (NVIDIA raytracing) rendering and details, realtime reflections (hence the fake ones), multiple overlaying shadows, and other advanced techniques.

It's a world of compromises.

Still… It might be obvious that the cockpit has been crafted with care and consideration.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Had a look last night.

Wonderful improvement, looks lovely!

My thanks to the team

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Agreed, it looks superb!

No drop in FPS seen here.

The fact that you cannot cold start and engage the ejection system in VR is problematic (reported).

The Odd light reflection within the pit is also an annoying bug, specifically on a lit warning panel segment exposed to direct sunlight..... probably not a problem to those lucky enough to fly with real live shadows in the cockpit (reported).

Apart from that, it looks amazing and I am looking forward to seeing what Devrim does with this 3D pit........ Blue, battered and worn PLEASE Devrim!.... she should show her age.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I haven't had a lot of flight time lately, and fired up the shark, and WOW, the new update is awesome ED ,thanks

as far as the cold start, that's strange, it worked for me, then again, I don't have vr

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]