BRAKES WIERD - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-09-2020, 06:16 AM   #1
CHSStarKiller

Default BRAKES WIERD

Hey all, just got the new PC up and running and reinstalled my game. I added TPR Pedals to my thrustmaster setup and I am getting odd brake response now since the fresh install. Its taking me more than 80% rpm to get moving. I brought up the controls (RCTRL + ENT) and it seems that anytime I advance the throttles it's braking also, both sides. I don't have them inverted in the axis tune, they work as they normally should otherwise. I know there was a thread about the Mirage doing something similar but nothing in that thread worked. Any ideas?
CHSStarKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
Captain Orso

Check your axis assignments. I've seen so many times that especially rudder pedals per default have their axis assigned to every other axis object. You have to go through and delete all the excess bindings, and then everything will work as you wish.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
LeCuvier

I suspect you have 2 problems:
1. you have not ticked the "Inverted" option in Axis Tune. The wheelbrake axes must be inverted (I checked my own settings to verify).
2. As Orso says: Because of the defaults that DCS World applies to newly connected game controllers, you have multiple bindings. Easy to see in the Axis Assignment screen. Clear the duplicates!
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
CHSStarKiller

Orso, I have cleared all them out except for what is in the Thrustmaster combined axis controlled area.

LeCuvier, I have ticked the Invert option and tried once again, when I did the brakes were always applied until I actually hit the brakes then it would role out, but I still get mild braking per the RCTRL + Enter control screen when I advance the throttles. So I unchecked the inverted option and brakes work until those throttles go up. I'm at a loss
Old 02-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #5
rob10

Have you checked that you're in the appropriate controls option? (i.e. F/A-18C Sim and NOT F/A-18C Game?)
Are you using a program external to DCS to combine the rudders and thrustmaster?
Somewhere you're getting a double bind or double input. If you haven't deleted the controls config files for the Hornet and let them rebuild from scratch in case something got mangled in them that would be the next thing I'd try.
rob10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #6
CHSStarKiller

yes I am in F18 Sim, and I use the TARGET software. Haven't tried the controls config yet, where is that located
Old 02-10-2020, 12:09 AM   #7
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSStarKiller View Post
yes I am in F18 Sim, and I use the TARGET software. Haven't tried the controls config yet, where is that located
Be aware that you can possibly lose all your control bindings if you delete this (some have reported loss of all).

Have you tried just clearing the specific "both wheel brake" axis and reassigning it to your new pedals? I have personally experienced an issue with this specific thing - and this solved the issue. Also would personally clear any "button" assigned to the both wheel brake function in the regular key binding area, not just the axis binding section.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:13 AM   #8
CHSStarKiller

I got it working. I deleted the config files completely. all my axis's are bound in the Thrustmaster Combined part as it runs through the TARGET software but I put the brakes "ONLY" under the TPR pedal section and now seems to work as it should.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #9
Captain Orso

I have no idea if you are actually using some functionality of target, but if you are not, I would suggest leaving it completely off. I have never used it, and will never. Unless there is something very specific that you can only solve with target, it's just one more point of failure with no value at all.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:37 PM   #10
Deano87

Yeah TARGET just causes problems for me. I used to use it but now I don't bother.

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote