[REPORTED] Aircraft sound stops

Reflected

The same thing happened to me in first mission on the Museum Relic campaign. The only sound i heard in the cockpit was the NDB morse code

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My cockpit went completely quiet pretty much after takeoff. External sound still working. I have had this issue a long time with the f-86. My last flight about a month ago i thought they had fixed it because i had no issues, but i guess its back :(

My cockpit went completely quiet pretty much after takeoff. External sound still working. I have had this issue a long time with the f-86. My last flight about a month ago i thought they had fixed it because i had no issues, but i guess its back :(

Do you still have the log files?

Though I'd be surprised if they read this section ;) I could try to post it in the Russian part of the forums (my teacher being Google Translate, I'm sure they'll have a good laugh).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 3 months later...

This sound issue has been around for far too long Is Belsimtek even monitoring this forum?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

The same thing happened to me in first mission on the Museum Relic campaign. The only sound i heard in the cockpit was the NDB morse code

Me too, I was flying that campaign the other. I had the same issue. The sound went dead. But with F2, I could view the aircraft externally and heard the engines just fine.

Inside the aircraft, everything died. Except for the narrator and radio.... weird...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Without log files, unfortunately, it will be hard to find a common ground between those occurrences :/

And then we'd have to make sure Belsimtek see them.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 months later...

Bumping because this is happening every time I fly the plane now and makes the module severely handicapped. I mean sure things still work but you have to exit out to get new plane, this killing what you have done since we can't save mid mission. Kinda suck Belsimtek is just ignoring it. I assume Russian users exp the same thing and Belsimtek seems to hang in their forums more than the English side.

Bumping because this is happening every time I fly the plane now and makes the module severely handicapped. I mean sure things still work but you have to exit out to get new plane, this killing what you have done since we can't save mid mission. Kinda suck Belsimtek is just ignoring it. I assume Russian users exp the same thing and Belsimtek seems to hang in their forums more than the English side.

I've added the link in their thread here. If you don't provide more details and a log file, though, don't expect a miracle ;)

But I agree with you, they make good add-ons but it's always disturbing to see bugs remaining ignored for months or more, and not being able to contact them. I guess their modules is mostly for Russian-speaking people ;)

Actually, don't hesitate to Google-translate a post in the Russian part of the forums, there you have better chance to get some feedback.

I really wish there were a more transparent bug tracking system so we would at least know whether the developers are aware of bugs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And two more cases from my group over the last couple of days, myself included.

Flying DCS World 1 online.

I will look to pulling log files during next occurrence and post back here.

Absolutely love the module in general Belsimtek. Hope you can prioritise some time to give this module a review.

S!

Edited by JokerMan

Three of us ran into this very issue in multiplayer today.

And two more cases from my group over the last couple of days, myself included.

Flying DCS World 1 online.

I will look to pulling log files during next occurrence and post back here.

Absolutely love the module in general Belsimtek. Hope you can prioritise some time to give this module a review.

S!

Happens to me too at times (2.1)

But neither of you give any log or any information that would help Belsimtek find the cause, not even the DCS version.

• 3 months later...

LOL. I give up.

People just won't read anything but the thread's title and think that just posting "I have this bug too" will help resolve such an elusive problem. :rolleyes:

Not that Belsimtek seems to care either way, there is absolutely no sign they're aware of the problem (if it is on their side, other aircraft like the Spitfire or Albatros have disappearing sounds), and no indication on what information from us would help them pinpoint it.

Same old story. Anyway, I think this thread can safely be closed or deleted now.

I am trying to replicate this issue in our internal test version - so far without success.

I just took a long flight over the whole NTTR until fuel exhaustion and did not experience any sound issues at all.

Can you give me any hint how to replicate it? Does it happen on a specific map/mission / after something you do, e.g. using (specific) weapons? Or only using specific internal/external soundcards?

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Sadly this bug, although widespread and common, does appear to be inconsistent. I fly the Sabre regularly and there is no obvious trigger, nor common circumstance. It happens in multiplayer and single player, on all servers, sometimes immediately and sometimes after many hours.

In about 100 hours it may have happened to me twice and then the following week it happens twice in a day. This will be hard to track down

Sadly this bug, although widespread and common, does appear to be inconsistent. I fly the Sabre regularly and there is no obvious trigger, nor common circumstance. It happens in multiplayer and single player, on all servers, sometimes immediately and sometimes after many hours.

In about 100 hours it may have happened to me twice and then the following week it happens twice in a day. This will be hard to track down

True ! Tried it for many hours in the last two days to get a maybe helpful logfile but no success :(

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

I only had that twice in that training mission and nothing relevant seems to be in the logs, I haven't had any problem going through the great Relic campaign. That's why I was hoping someone else would share their logs, or at least a system description, instead of just posting "me too" but that seems even more difficult than replicating the bug.

Is there a debug test/log we can activate when the module or DCS connects to the sound system API, or something similar that could be added? If the Spitfire still drops sounds like before, it could help debug two birds with one stone ;)

Just flew the bomb training mission several times without issues.

You can try turning on extended logging by placing the following command - which should also work in release build - in your autoexec.cfg:

log.set_output("dcs", "", log.ALL, log.FULL)

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU