DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Google Translate

Hmm that's Intressting, the MI-8 basicly use the same System, only the visual Output is different with Analog Numbers and Drift...Was it DISS-10?..

The Mi-8 also has a DISS-15 doppler navigation system.

[ATTACH]89026[/ATTACH] (in Russian).

It all depends on the modification of the helicopter. In the Mi-24, depending on its modification, either DISS-15G or DISS-15E (e.g. Mi-24DU & Mi-24U training modifications) are installed, which have an automatic plotter (block 10) and the SK-KI connecting box.

DISS-15 doppler navigation system (in Russian)

Automatic plotter (block 10):

221cf00ed73e588aa67e0ef7c5cf2337.jpg

SK-KI connecting box:

ff9cbc904db146b1b4441be533bfbd50.jpg

… But on what Source then they Rely for Navigation Purpose? Flying with MAP Compass and Pencil and calculating Legs in a Combat Enviremont seem's quiet Difficult to archive for me?

Any Idear?

For this, pilots also train to navigate on the map in order to do everything quickly in any situation. :) The operator is engaged in navigation. He tells the pilot about course avoidance and helps him with orientation on the terrain according to the indicated landmarks.

Original in Russian

На Ми-8 тоже установлен доплеровский измеритель скорости и сноса ДИСС-15.

Всё зависит от модификации вертолёта. На Ми-24, в зависимости от его модификации, установлены либо ДИСС-15Г, либо ДИСС-15Е (например на учебных модификациях Ми-24ДУ и Ми-24У), которые имеют автоматический картографический планшет (блок 10) и соединительную коробку планшета СК-КИ.

Лётчики для этого и тренируются ориентироваться по карте, чтобы всё делать быстро в любой обстановке. :) Навигацией занимается оператор. Он подсказывает пилоту об уклонении с курса и помогает ему с ориентировкой на местности по указанным ориентирам.

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Thx Bulba,

Intressting Stuff, makes sense the Operator is ploting the Curse and have Overview about Navigation to share Workload...

Think would be nice when you could ask your Gunner about your Current Location in DCS...but think like in the MI-8 the DISS-15 is overly accurate in Position measurement...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Did the MI-24 prove any Night Attack Abillity.

Some sources stated the Raduga SH with Light Image Amplifier..

Not realy sure it is related to the laterr VP Version, because its more simple pimped U-Boot Periscope?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Did the MI-24 prove any Night Attack Abillity.

Some sources stated the Raduga SH with Light Image Amplifier..

Not realy sure it is related to the laterr VP Version, because its more simple pimped U-Boot Periscope?

https://en.topwar.ru/25833-40-let-legendarnomu-boevomu-vertoletu-mi-24-chast-5-modifikaciya-pn.html

Unless 'passive development' is where you're concentrating on what you've got on the go now (F/A-18C, F-16, Jug, BS-3), and working on the next things as and when time becomes available - until the first things are far enough along that you can take resource away from them for the next projects (Mossy, Mi-24).

Which would be a sensible approach

Cheers.

Seems that Mi-24 is never gonna be a module where ED is gonna be "concentrating on" as modules come out of nowhere and overlap on top of this project that is suppose to be under development "ages" ago.

I understand some how the trajectory; as easy as it is to see how many users are in the forum inside each module every day.

You can see a lot of interest that remains on A-10 and Ka-50, modules that just have been updated, what seems logic. Hornet and F-14 continue to create a lot of interest also so there they come the updates and fixes.

For the modules that have few visits in the forum, lets face it, nothing goes forward, what makes total sense in a commercial way of thinking.

Of course, Huey or Mi-8 Cockpit updates, bug fixes or new feature implementation.... That is just a dream for us fans of these old modules, because we are few compared to the massive attention of the birds that continue in development right now.

Still... Feels very sad to be at the end of the line, place that seems to fit perfectly for our awaited Mi-24 :[.

Edited by Grajo

Thxxxx

A said on the 01 Jan 20, if the Mi-24 module is released on 31 Dec 20, it's still fine for me...:smilewink:

BUT, if we have to wait, another two or three years, that's for sure, my anger will rain down on ED !!

Ok all is subject to change but the Mi-24 Hind was so many times announced and so many times delayed...And if you announce begin of Jan 20 that the module will be released during 2020, I can not imagine that less than two months later, the Mi-24 module, was "one more time" put on old.

This would just be an example of the mess they're in the ED planning & process :cry:

WTH means "passive development" anyways?

I would argue that "Active Development" means that they are activly working on it.

In whitch case "Passive Development" would mean that they are not working on it, and are just letting the Helicopter develop itself.

This would in fact explain alot

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

SE BULBA answered us, it’s a paper map with a light that plots your current position using the Doppler Nav

The map holder uses a moving transparent tape, not a light. The tape has a red cross reticle on it It moves similarly to the way a CnC machine moves the machine head, so it is mechanically driven. The scale can be selected and different scale map cards inserted. It is a Doppler/Inertial system.

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

I would argue that "Active Development" means that they are activly working on it.

In whitch case "Passive Development" would mean that they are not working on it, and are just letting the Helicopter develop itself.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4222655&postcount=2296

If you translate his message, a small team is still working on it.

But for sure, they need more people to boost the project...but is seems that currently ED has other priorities like the F-18/F-16, the P-47, the 2.6 version, carrier module,...

We can just hope that these projects will be enough developed in the near future and that some ressources will be allocated to the Hind module....

The Mi-24 was announced by ED for 2020, so still 10 months to go :smilewink:

We can only encourage them for the work to come :thumbup:

The map holder uses a moving transparent tape, not a light. The tape has a red cross reticle on it It moves similarly to the way a CnC machine moves the machine head, so it is mechanically driven. The scale can be selected and different scale map cards inserted. It is a Doppler/Inertial system.

Thanks!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

SE BULBA answered us, it’s a paper map with a light that plots your current position using the Doppler Nav

Yes, but we don’t yet know how DCS will implement that, which is what I was referring to. Maybe the dev in the Russian forum can answer. (Or not)

Google Translate

Probably either my Google Translate is too bad, or you inattentively read my posts?

… The difference between the Mi-24 automatic plotter and the Ka-50 automatic plotter is that in the Mi-24 the location of the helicopter is not indicated by a light spot, as in the Ka-50, but by a moving transparent tape with the mark of the helicopter's location. In addition, in the Mi-24 automatic plotter, charts need to be changed manually, while in the Ka-50 the charts are glued onto a roll and rewound automatically.

70499_1467154473.jpg

<…>

Original in Russian

… Разница между автоматическим картографическим планшетом Ми-24 и автоматическим картографическим планшетом Ка-50 состоит в том, что на Ми-24 местоположение вертолёта обозначается не световым пятном, как на Ка-50, а движущейся прозрачной лентой с отметкой местоположения вертолёта. Кроме того, в автоматическом картографическом планшете Ми-24 карты нужно менять вручную, в то время как на Ка-50 карты склеены в рулон и перематываются автоматически…

If it's self-developed this far then it's actually looking quite promising ;) but iirc it's a project that's awaiting the release of some other resource, like artwork or data or simply developers allocated to another project. I don't know how ED's in-house developers are arranged at the moment so it's a bit hard to predict where devs are going to be released from - would the P-47 team go to the Mi-24 or the Mosquito? *shrug*

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction