CH products upgrades

rel4y

MTWSims CH 12 bit Mainboard installed and calibrated (using MMJoy2), all functions perfectly! Just a few little tweaks to do once rel4y gets back to me!

2087240012_MTWSimsMainboardInstalled.thumb.jpg.16e4130c611e90b80271612aaff801ea.jpg

524529965_MTWSimsMainboardandSensorsInstalled.thumb.jpg.88221274ab032450856fca4188549c5c.jpg

Edited by GaryR
  • Like 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Hello,

I am interested for upgrading CH-ProThrottle (may be latter also CH-Quadrant).

What must I buy, what is the price and whereto place order ?

Is there an explanation of what to do (kind of user's manual) ?

Will the CH control manager be able to handle this mod ?

Regards.

+1 :joystick:

:megalol:

+1 :joystick:

The CH Pro Throttle USB will still work fine in CH Control Manager with the Sensor Upgrade, but I don't believe it will work with the new Mainboards without some work. There is a before/after pic of the sensor installed in this thread (Post #71).. It's a 5 minute job, very easy.

Edited by GaryR

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Hello,

I am interested for upgrading CH-ProThrottle (may be latter also CH-Quadrant).

What must I buy, what is the price and whereto place order ?

Is there an explanation of what to do (kind of user's manual) ?

Will the CH control manager be able to handle this mod ?

Regards.

The magnetoresistive CH sensors are 22€ per piece and these are in stock. The 12 Bit CH upgrade mainboard is 30€. Although the 10 mainboards I made so far are already sold out. If you are interested simply write a mail to mtwsims@tutamail.com.

I will make a PDF tutorial on how to install the sensors and boards. I was waiting for Gary to send me some pictures, so the tutorial could be a bit clearer. He sent them over today (Thank you mate!), so I can start with the PDF now.

It is technically possible for the upgrade mainbord to be recognized by the CH manager. I have not played around with it and dont see much sense in it. I can explain how its done via mail, but I am not giving any support on it.

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Before and After Pics of today's MTWSims CH Pro Throttle 12 bit Mainboard install (blue board), went without a hitch, works perfectly! We found the CH Control Manger to cause a myriad of issues with the new boards once set to the same PID as OEM CH, until some workaround is found my advice is to uninstall it completely before installing the boards. It's fairly useless at this point anyway.

519688648_OEMProThrottleOpened.thumb.jpg.7d63bf6168a8472f152a8952e7308b92.jpg

1693164981_MTWSimsBoardmountedCORRECTLY.thumb.jpg.6465e2c7dac673aa6836f5c61fe401de.jpg

Edited by GaryR

Hello,

Before and After Pics of today's MTWSims CH Pro Throttle 12 bit Mainboard install (blue board), went without a hitch, works perfectly! We found the CH Control Manger to cause a myriad of issues with the new boards once set to the same PID as OEM CH, until some workaround is found my advice is to uninstall it completely before installing the boards. It's fairly useless at this point anyway.

Thanks for information.

But : why do you say that control manager is useless ?

For the moment I need it to use PT to send keystrokes and configure the microstick as a mouse. Control manager is needed (for me) to be able to use my CH multi function panel. That is why I am curious about contol manager and CH upgrade.

Regards.

I say it's useless (to me) because it no longer will see the CH gear and it actually causes issues if you try and fool it into seeing the CH FS/PT by assigning/matching the CH Name/VID/PID during setup. If you must use Control Manger, just install the new sensors and it works fine. The microstick on the PT is just an X-Y axis (and DX Button 1), for DCS and BMS everything is assigned easily in the sim (well, for BMS I use Alternative Launcher). In fact I just set up DCS to use the PT microstick as the Radar Cursor X-Y axis 5 minutes ago!

Rel4y (or someone) may come up with fix for Control Manager but I wouldn't hold my breath as even CH has totally abandoned it..

Edited by GaryR

I say it's useless (to me) because it no longer will see the CH gear and it actually causes issues if you try and fool it into seeing the CH FS/PT by assigning/matching the CH Name/VID/PID during setup. If you must use Control Manger, just install the new sensors and it works fine. The microstick on the PT is just an X-Y axis (and DX Button 1), for DCS and BMS everything is assigned easily in the sim (well, for BMS I use Alternative Launcher). In fact I just set up DCS to use the PT microstick as the Radar Cursor X-Y axis 5 minutes ago!

Rel4y (or someone) may come up with fix for Control Manager but I wouldn't hold my breath as even CH has totally abandoned it..

OK thanks for answer.

As alternative I can use JostickGremlin for programming the PT.

For the MFP (panel) I will no more use it in gaming (as it requires running the control manager.

No need for me to fix the Control Manager.

Thanks again.

Nice job, "plug and play". :thumbup:

Manager is now "abandonware", no longer supported, see CH advise there.

But try set with VID/PID and NAME like originals.

Or forget and use Joystick Gremlin.

If you set the new Fighterstick and/or Throttle mainboards with the exact VID/PID/Name as the original using MMJoy2, as I did, with the CH Control Manager still installed several things happen.

1. As soon as you save the setup to the device it will disappear from the MMJoy USB list

2. It will not show up in CH Control Manger

3. It will not be able to be calibrated in Win10

The only way to get it back is to uninstall CH Control Manager and reboot, then (in my case) it shows back up in MMJoy2 and you are able to work with it once again. What this (to me anyway) seems to show is that CH Control Manager "sees" the addresses and takes command of them from MMJoy2 but doesn't actually "work" with them, but instead renders the device unusable. it's a shame Control Manager has been abandoned, it was the best gear programming software out there for many years, too bad they (or Bob Church) won't release the code so some genius out there can update it!

1. As soon as you save the setup to the device it will disappear from the MMJoy USB list

3. It will not be able to be calibrated in Win10

That part is correct. You need do a "hard reset" - unplug and pug in USB port, after change VID/PID for Windows Games Controller recognize the the controller.

BTW- Each VID/PID can be used once if you don't do a cleanup of previous enter in Windows register.

In fact what happens is that is Windows that don't see the controller when you set a already used VID/PID, but games and test programs see.

That part is correct. You need do a "hard reset" - unplug and pug in USB port, after change VID/PID for Windows Games Controller recognize the the controller.

BTW- Each VID/PID can be used once if you don't do a cleanup of previous enter in Windows register.

In fact what happens is that is Windows that don't see the controller when you set a already used VID/PID, but games and test programs see.

Sokol1, IF CH Control Manager is installed (at least in my case) no amount of plugging/unplugging would get MMJoy or Win10 to see the USB device again. As soon as I uninstalled and rebooted, the device returned.

Have an issue with Joystick Gremlin and Teamspeak 3 you may have come across. Teamspeak does not accept DX button presses as a PTT input so I needed to program the CH Throttle to output "Scrolllock" (default TS3 PTT) when DX2 was pressed. Easy as pie, great program, I press DX2 and Scrollock is pressed. Odd thing is, unless JG is an open window on the desktop (not minimized) the button press does not work in TS3. With it minimized to the system tray it works in Windows itself as witnessed by the "Scroll Lock On/Off" graphic that my system puts on the screen. Any idea of a setting I may be missing?

So... put simply, If I add the new pots and upgrade mainboard to my CH Fighterstick USB, how do I program the buttons to send key presses, for instance in the Tomcat i use a button to cycle through sparrows and phoenix with repeated presses...

Domestos

So... put simply, If I add the new pots and upgrade mainboard to my CH Fighterstick USB, how do I program the buttons to send key presses, for instance in the Tomcat i use a button to cycle through sparrows and phoenix with repeated presses...

Domestos

Take a look at Joystick Gremlin and VJoy, JG is fairly user friendly but quite powerful. VJoy is required to be installed for JG to work, but it's JG that you work with.. then again, if you just do the sensors you have to change nothing..

Edited by GaryR

....Odd thing is, unless JG is an open window on the desktop (not minimized) the button press does not work in TS3. With it minimized to the system tray it works in Windows itself as witnessed by the "Scroll Lock On/Off" graphic that my system puts on the screen. Any idea of a setting I may be missing?

I have not used Joystick Gremlin, but with other keymapper, e.g. JoyToKey, SVMapper... is need start this softwares "As administrator", for games or other softwares see the keypress.

Miss my CH manager

Dear gents,

first of all I would like to thank rel4y for, and compliment him

on, his artwork.(New sensor and board)

As Sokol1_br said: plug & play.

Great job. Keep it up.

But...

As the headline says, I miss the CH Manager.

Im presently at a loss of how to achieve all the functionality

it provided:

- Mapped mode used for BMS

- DX buttons for BMS

- Keyboard emulation (like RALT ect) in BMS/DCS/IL2 etc

Following your posts, Ive tried "joystick gremlin"(R13.3),

but on saving the profile, I get an error message.

Tried "joy2key" in DCS/IL2, but in both

it registers the keyboard emulation from j2k

(like RALT etc) but also the device button.

Thanks for your help in advance

jg.jpg.a16183592fe1be31f41bcf9cbe386f2b.jpg

Dear gents,

first of all I would like to thank rel4y for, and compliment him

on, his artwork.(New sensor and board)

As Sokol1_br said: plug & play.

Great job. Keep it up.

But...

As the headline says, I miss the CH Manager.

Im presently at a loss of how to achieve all the functionality

it provided:

- Mapped mode used for BMS

- DX buttons for BMS

- Keyboard emulation (like RALT ect) in BMS/DCS/IL2 etc

Following your posts, Ive tried "joystick gremlin"(R13.3),

but on saving the profile, I get an error message.

Tried "joy2key" in DCS/IL2, but in both

it registers the keyboard emulation from j2k

(like RALT etc) but also the device button.

Thanks for your help in advance

By default the CH gear outputs DX button presses and HOV for the hats. I've only used JStick Gremlim for simple keymapping and had no issue, hopefully someone can read that error message for you.

Edited by GaryR

By default the CH gear outputs DX button presses and HOV for the hats, so I use the Alt Launcher to assign those to functions and have no issues with that. I've only used JStick Gremlim for simple keymapping and had no issue, hopefully someone can read that error message for you.

Holla GaryR,

thanks for the hint on ALT Launcher.

Didnt even know it existed.

What JG version are you using?

Thanks

Nice weekend

Holla GaryR,

thanks for the hint on ALT Launcher.

Didnt even know it existed.

What JG version are you using?

Thanks

Nice weekend

Release 13.3, and I apologize but the Alt Launcher is for BMS 4.34.2, sometimes I forget where I am!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this over in my Thrustmaster thread. Currently I am sold out and with the virus situation basically my supply lines are cut off. Most of the parts needed I still have lying around, but a stuck shipment of PCBs, cables and ball bearings is halting production at the moment.

To that I have a bunch of business trips coming up, so the next weeks will be very busy anyway. I will start making the sensors and boards again once the smoke clears, which will hopefully be at the end of March.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

I posted this over in my Thrustmaster thread. Currently I am sold out and with the virus situation basically my supply lines are cut off. Most of the parts needed I still have lying around, but a stuck shipment of PCBs, cables and ball bearings is halting production at the moment.

To that I have a bunch of business trips coming up, so the next weeks will be very busy anyway. I will start making the sensors and boards again once the smoke clears, which will hopefully be at the end of March.

That's a shame.

Also, I never got a reply from my multiple emails previously. :(

I'm assuming you're out of stock on the CH Sensors as well.