Quite Awesome...... Well If its True

Oceandar

The Gripen is an outstanding and often underestimated fighter jet, no doubt about it, but I generally would be wary about articles that make such overwhelming claims ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No insult to anyone, but, it's not insider source, it's a quora user reported on by a blogger and that is a worrying trend in crap out there. Having said that, i've no doubt its at least mostly true, every airforce has their good days and very small fighters like JASS39 tend to get the jump on the detections in a game of ... detection, and it's definitely charted as one of the top dogfighters and best in class all round fighters. I think mostly because of size, modularity and cheapness, if I "owned an airforce" :) I'd pick them over everything else to get the extra ones purchased over the potentially better electronics of the latest gen. But that's because I'm a strong believer in the fighter mafia school of thought.... cheap numbers, asymetry and guerilla tactics, something of the cold war style the Swedes had also makes a lot of sense.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I think mostly because of size, modularity and cheapness, if I "owned an airforce" :) I'd pick them over everything else to get the extra ones purchased over the potentially better electronics of the latest gen. But that's because I'm a strong believer in the fighter mafia school of thought.... cheap numbers, asymetry and guerilla tactics, something of the cold war style the Swedes had also makes a lot of sense.

If you’d build your own air-force you will quickly realize that the choice of planes is a matter of petty politics and bribery much more than calculated logic or strategy.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!