MTFDarkEagle's "pit"

MTFDarkEagle

• ED Team

LOL

Its going to consume you like it did me lol :)

ring.jpg

still tweaking and changing stuff !

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I see you got the same horrible IKEA chair as I do... :D

Keep it up!!

LMAO ..... I had one of those up to a few months ago , they must have sold millions of them ..... mine split too .......... :helpsmilie: ..... horrible bit of rubbish !!!

I found a shit load of holes in the back of it , small holes , then I found out it was my 4 year old attacking it (or me) with a sissors ..... nice to know she loves me though .

LOL! :D

Yes that seat is quite popular it would seem. Now I use it as my "office" chair, no longer for cockpit operations :P

Trackinglog today:

Parts from Mouser are in Amersfoort NL, so due tomorrow I guess!

Parts from Conrad should be delivered today.

If I'm LUCKY the leo bodnar board and rotary encoder should arrive late this week, if not early coming week.

Damn, MTF, you took the red pill! Good luck...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJJFaWFqrnI694rRnZqxwFJsIQjU-_nhZAHz6GNRHCvIepmh494Q

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Well time for a little update.

The box itself is done (apart from a hole for the USB cable to pass through, still have to decide where I'm going to put that).

2012-06-22-013.jpg

Side brackets for mounting the backplate

2012-06-22-014.jpg

Test mounted, fits beautifully! Still gonna have to fix the edges, but that's all in good time :)

2012-06-22-015.jpg

With 1 switch fitted clicks beautifully :D

2012-06-22-016.jpg

Rest of the switches testfitted

2012-06-22-017.jpg

2012-06-22-018.jpg

Wiring up with... "custom" third hand :D

2012-06-23-019.jpg

2012-06-23-020.jpg

2012-06-23-021.jpg

Still waiting for the bodnar board to test if my wiring matrix works lol :P Also in that same package will be a double coencentric encoder :)

• ED Team

Looking great mate, will be good to see the finished panel

whatever happens you will have fun doing it !

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 6 months later...

Right, time to bring this from it's dungeon and give it a small update :D

Switch button panel has been finished for some time now and fully operational.

New project:

Gear-knob assembly and caution panel.

TomDK has made several gearknobs and I'm getting one for christmas. Now getting one is off course a good oppertunity to do some further expanding of the pit :D

My trail of thought:

Hmm.. That gearknob, has got LED's in it... Now only the phidgets board is able to interface (via helios) with DCS.. Such a waste to not use so many LED outputs on one of those expensive boards, so I best get myself a caution panel from Linden to go with it :)

The caution panel housing will also enclose the phidgets board, however then I have the problem of getting the LED's in the gearknob connected to the caution panel. Because both will be a distance apart I thought cabling. I started thinking about options for cabling, and came to a conclusion to use the RJ45 standard cabling.

Now getting the cable is easy, to get the female plug is somewhat more complicated, but I was thinking of something like this:

RJ45_ADAPTER.jpg

I've got a BU0836 board as backup so I will be able to use that for the gearknob assembly (gearup/geardown switches, landinglightswitch (taxi/off/landing), antiskid (or switch HYD sys in the Kamov), downlock override, canopy makes 8 so I've got 4 spare for anything else I come up with :D ). I'll house the board in the gearhandle assembly.

(DISCLAIMER: WIP :) )

Something like this:

GEAR_C_zps10419576.jpg

I'll probably glue the profiles together, don't have alu welding equipment.

Pictures of the cockpit as is now will be uploaded later today.

Looks good !!

Hmm.. That gearknob, has got LED's in it... Now only the phidgets board is able to interface (via helios) with DCS.. Such a waste to not use so many LED outputs on one of those expensive boards, so I best get myself a caution panel from Linden to go with it smile.gif

The phidgets is perfect ! I have Lindens caution panel already working and it is around 16 connectors free for other lamps. i have so far attached the gear indicator with 3 green LEDs and the gearknob on one connection with 3 red LEDs.

I have made the aluminium handles over the christmas days, for you I made a longer version extra so you can try which fits best for you.

Due the aluminium handles looks very handcrafted ( I am not a handcraftsman .. (more communication ectronics :)) they are not perfect so I try to get professionell welded ones but waiting for an answer. Most firms do not like orders about 10 oieces and have also look if the price still fits my offer.

Keep on working ! Looks great.

Tom

Looks good !!

The phidgets is perfect ! I have Lindens caution panel already working and it is around 16 connectors free for other lamps. i have so far attached the gear indicator with 3 green LEDs and the gearknob on one connection with 3 red LEDs.

I have made the aluminium handles over the christmas days, for you I made a longer version extra so you can try which fits best for you.

Due the aluminium handles looks very handcrafted ( I am not a handcraftsman .. (more communication ectronics :)) they are not perfect so I try to get professionell welded ones but waiting for an answer. Most firms do not like orders about 10 oieces and have also look if the price still fits my offer.

Keep on working ! Looks great.

Tom

Thanks mate ;)

Don't worry about it looking very handcrafted, that's actually what I like more. My entire pit looks that way lol! :D So I'll have it as is mate ;)

Thanks for making it a bit longer, I'm sure it'll be usefull for what I have in mind.

The caution panel housing will also enclose the phidgets board, however then I have the problem of getting the LED's in the gearknob connected to the caution panel. Because both will be a distance apart I thought cabling. I started thinking about options for cabling, and came to a conclusion to use the RJ45 standard cabling.

Now getting the cable is easy, to get the female plug is somewhat more complicated, but I was thinking of something like this:

RJ45_ADAPTER.jpg

You might consider that RJ-45 sockets come in a punch-down configuration - not as tidy as those screw-down terminals, perhaps, but cheap & easy, and the route I'm taking.

The point of using the RJ45 plug is because I have to get from place A to place B via my chair or something. And I want a solid connection.

Regarding price: those boards with screw terminals are 2 bucks each or something.. So that's not gonna break the wallet lol :D

But, as promised:

20121227_2008461_zpsce0058a5.jpg

20121227_2009161_zps034e7fa9.jpg

20121227_2009311_zps0be7527d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well several components arrived yesterday.

These include:

- around 55 green LED's, with 2 types holders to see which one works in the panel

- Locking toggle switch (http://www.ebay.com/itm/170962855187?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)

- Toggle switches (http://www.ebay.com/itm/170963480270?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) Unfortunately without the white tops, which I hoped.

- Small springs (you'll see why later :D )

- Small ballbearings (again, for later :) )

- Microswitches

To follow:

TomDK's gearknob, phidgetsboard, caution panel, more toggle switches, switchcaps (https://sslrelay.com/geremy.co.uk/shop/article_GLB10%252339/White-Toggle-Switch-Caps.html?sessid=VT7kOJR1K4hUENfdxV2XjVjidiSzOTm04yuCjwXY3dkf2LZsJdWSxrYMCpumPYjP&shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3DGLB10%252339%26) , landing light caps (https://sslrelay.com/geremy.co.uk/shop/article_GLB11%252348/Landing-Lights-toggle-switch-caps.html?sessid=VT7kOJR1K4hUENfdxV2XjVjidiSzOTm04yuCjwXY3dkf2LZsJdWSxrYMCpumPYjP&shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3DGLB11%252348%26)

Might get some pictures for ya'all tomorrow.

Metal box will probably stay as it is. It's basically an AHCP XL :P

Top 4 rows as the standard AHCP from the Charlie, bottom left 4 switches are the fuel pumps, 5th switch pitot heat.

The rotary I don't use in the Charlie.

In the Ka it ranges from the fuel pumps, to master arm and anti-ice equipment.

The monitor isn't going to be changed any time soon, I don't see the need and space for it. It's all integrated to the desk, and if I want to change it I would also have to drastically change a lot of other things. I simply don't have the space for it, because what you cannot see: my bed is right off the left side of the photo.

It will certainly be fine-tuned over time, but no major changes planned (apart from adding equipment :P )

Keep up the good work.I will be looking forward to see how you manage the springs on the landing gear lever.

And thanks for the heads up on the locking toggle switches from Mouser on "Grass's pit, a redo" thread..... Just purchased the same :music_whistling:

Keep up the good work.I will be looking forward to see how you manage the springs on the landing gear lever.

And thanks for the heads up on the locking toggle switches from Mouser on "Grass's pit, a redo" thread..... Just purchased the same :music_whistling:

Cheers ;)

Some of the stuff I received last friday:

Nice locking toggle switch

20130107_194400_zpsbb25203b.jpg

20130107_194450_zps58e393b6.jpg

20130107_194517_zpscc3aa66c.jpg

20130107_194527_zps330ce467.jpg

Springs

20130107_194607_zps2ca5f4ca.jpg

Tiiiiiny bearings :)

20130107_194804_zps326acf79.jpg

20130107_194817_zpse819ba85.jpg