At the end of this mission was odd...ATC instructs to land on RWY 25 at night with bad weather....try once...impossible to see anything...I decided go to pattern and land on RWY 7 witch has ILS...thanks to the BTQ I could land and pass the PO.

:joystick:

You can always put on your night vision goggles and land.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue. Everything is pitch black. Is this intended? I attached a zoomed out F2 view after having landed. In weather like this I'd expect the runway to be lit up like a Christmas tree to guide airplanes home. When flying by procedure you wouldn't even be allowed to land since you can't see the runway. I barely managed to land on RWY 25 in the practice mission. Not sure I want to try in the real mission :shocking: NVG doesn't help either since clouds go down to ground level and you see less with goggles than without especially through the HUD (and I've almost turned it off).

Screen_201102_214417.thumb.png.e3c513b6a2eeb3fc9ebcad500bb7507e.png

Is this a bug with Kobuleti lighting or is this intended behaviour?

Screen_201102_214417.thumb.png.cffd03da463ef46d3b42c79767a83085.png

• 1 year later...

Wow, what a mission. I am reflying this campaign now with A-10C II and the emotions are high:

- nice weather setting at the beginning (do turn off Hear like in helmet option and you will be chilling by the startup procedure ends)

- tanker is too dark to see without NVG, too bright to see with NVG, the trick is to hide his tail position light behind the canopy frame

- landing on a runway 25 with TACAN only not being able to see anything (with NVG once can see patches of fog, without NVG one can see black) and hoping the runway is there...

- taxiing to the parking spot I missed it twice due to low visibility.

Aced it on the first try (well, second, as on the first attempt the lead crashed into me lining up for takeoff), but In the end I was so happy I made it back in one piece that no combat sortie could compare.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Sabre-TLAWhen i can to divert to Batumi? After AAR i proceeded to Batumi without approach attempts in Kobuleti, because ILS RW25 does not exist and weather conditions so worst. 

Landed safety in Batumi, and no commands from FE after... Parked, SD procedure, and exit from mission, just 50%. It is training practise mission, not qualification.

Edited by Wespe

I7-13700k RTX4070Ti 32GB DDR5
Logitech X-56 
Track IR 5