Big Announcement Tomorrow...

Revelation

I'm sure a good portion of you have the email by now:

Watch the keynote live, September 26th at 10 a.m. PT.

Unveiling the next era of VR.

For the last five years, Oculus and our community of developers have worked together to bring the dream of VR to life. Join us tomorrow for the announcements that will redefine how far that dream can go.

https://www.oculusconnect.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=crm&utm_campaign=1&utm_term=O2&utm_content=oc5preevent&utm_emailid=446

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I hope this is going to be a solid gen 2 piece of equipment that allows previous rift users to use the current tracking sensors. If I gotta buy a whole new set of sensors for room scale to make whatever this is work I’m gonna be pissed but will still buy it if it’s good enough ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I got that email also, going to be interesting tomorrow.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I’m thinking of catching a replay to early for me.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Wow, hope it's CV2.

I hope so. Some are saying that they expect Santa Cruz to be announced for next year. Which would be of no use for DCS population.

So my guess is, "big" news is Santa Cruz in Q1 or Q2, with some teaser for Half Dome for end of 2019. We shall see.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I hope so. Some are saying that they expect Santa Cruz to be announced for next year. Which would be of no use for DCS population.

So my guess is, "big" news is Santa Cruz in Q1 or Q2, with some teaser for Half Dome for end of 2019. We shall see.

Yes, I`m afraid you are right. Oculus is concentrating more on stand-alone headsets, which will generate more sales and profit than the stationary PC-headsets.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

That was disappointing for DCS

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yep Oculus Quest ( Santa Cruz) to be released Spring of 2019 with Touch Controllers.

No real mention of Rift, other than to say it is still part of Oculus which will be Go, Quest, and Rift.

A Star Wars game will be launching with the Quest, looks pretty cool.

Quest will not have only room scale, but arena scale - like 4k sq ft. And support multiple Guardian setups.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That's disappointing. I wanted a Rift 2 announcement.

Yeah right there with you.

I may get a Quest for some other VR games , but I really wanted the next gen Rift sooner than what it sounds like may be.

Don B

Didn’t watch the announcement.

Is the Quest work with a PC, or is it completely stand alone?

Stand-alone from what was said. Which brings up a question - what drives it if not a PC or phone? Some console? They didn't show that...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Disappointing. Unless something changes, StarVR or Pimax are in my future....

The Rift is still part of the Oculus lineup, so you'd think that the Rift 2 is still happening, right?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The Rift is still part of the Oculus lineup, so you'd think that the Rift 2 is still happening, right?

Absolutely.

Some of the tech they are working on will be in a Rift 2.

They made it pretty clear that there are three main components for their VR future - Mobile ( Go), Stand Alone (Quest), and PC (Rift).

I too was disheartened to not hear about a next gen Rift along with projected date, but apparently they are not quite there yet. I am sure it will be incredible when it happens, but looks like will still be a ways off.

Hoping for 2020 now I guess.

Don B