n52te...scroll wheel won't control ABRIS Axis

Cayce

Hi. I've been setting up my n52te and ran into this strange issue.

I'm programming the scroll wheel for the abris Axis control (keyboard 6,7,8).

Since the n52te acts as a keyboard, the values are sent to the computer verbatim.

I have the scroll wheel click mapped to 6 (ABRIS Axis Push). This works.

I have scroll wheel down mapped to 7 (ABRIS Axis Decrease), and scroll wheel up to 8 (ABRIS Axis Increase).

in every other program , scrolling up & down work, putting out values of 7 & 8. Notepad is a prime example.

Even in the controls setup, i can pull up any of the settings in the keyboard control section and it will register that n52te is sending values of 7 & 8.

However when I get into the cockpit, it will not register the values to spin the ABRIS Axis. I can use 7 & 8 on the keyboard to move it, but not with the n52te.

Version 1.02 (I notice that on version 1.0, the 7 & 8 keyboard keys do not seem to activate the control).

Anyone ideas?

thanks,

Cayce

I am still on 1.0.1 and it works fine for me. Are you remembering to save changes after assignning. ?

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Yes, thanks, I have saved.

It seems in the cockpit is the only place where this control does not work. It works in the options settings (using keyboard column), it works in notepad. It survives system reboots.

Doesn't make sense to me either.

I made a supposition reading your post :

Maybe n52 wheel input is intercepted directly from the N52 driver in BS, and is seen as a scroll up or scroll down of the mouse wheel, and not as an interpreted 7 or 8 from the n52 software...

Some issues were equivalent with the TM Cougar, where you had to program USB codes whereas key inputs were not recognized by games...

suggestion to verify my supposition : try to use mouse wheel up and down and attach these inputs to ABRIs functions in the input options in BS. Then use your N52 wheel in cockpit to see if it is OK... if so, my supposition was right... in that case, no issue...

If not, I don't know...

I tried setting up/down scroll wheel to the key combinations for battery 1 and battery2 and they worked...strange and inconsistent.

The n52te is not seen by BS. It appears to the system as a keyboard device. This is really weird and i guess the answer is just 'no answer'

when i set up my N52 (non-te), (which has drivers and is seen as a device by BS), i can program the wheel for this purpose and it sort of works (have to click up or down multiple times for an on-screen reaction). In this mode the n52 is acting as a keyboard driver as well. The BS software recoginizes it because it is registerd as a special hid device but i don['t think it's programmable in BS..not that that matters.

Unfortunate as the n52te is much nicer and smoother to use.

Edited by Cayce

Two things you might try.

Assign the wheel up/down to do nothing, save, close out n52, open then assign again 7/8 save, try it out.

Or try assignning in micro editor.

Also under micro editor open any key assignment to view the files, delete any previous scroll wheel files and start over with it's assignment.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Hi Cayce,with the same problem, the wheel is difficult has to program, to the finale I was confronted resigned myself has not to program it, if that can help you I joint a profile that have creates for N52te, it remains some keys has to program

=> Profil :Clic Here

=> Template for N52te :Clic Here

Edited by KAMOV

La Plume est plus forte que l epee

[sIGPIC][sIGPIC]785371NewBan127Thinvisible4.png

[/sIGPIC]

Amateurs de voilures tournantes,les inscriptions sont ouvertes

BS 2/MI-8/MIG 21 DOC en Français =>

Dispo ICI

DCS WORLD Mes contributions =>

Cliquer LA

• 9 years later...
Hi Cayce,with the same problem, the wheel is difficult has to program, to the finale I was confronted resigned myself has not to program it, if that can help you I joint a profile that have creates for N52te, it remains some keys has to program

=> Profil :Clic Here

=> Template for N52te :Clic Here

hi Kamov,

can reup those files please?

Or anyone else, who still have them?

thanks^^

DCS: Black Shark 1 orig. DVD, Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, Combined Arms, A-10C, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy, WWII Assets Pack

RiG: i7 7700k@5GHz watercooled, 16GB DDR@4133MHz, Asus Maximus IX Apex, 2x 240GB M.2 SSDs @ RAID0, Asus ROG Strix 1070OC 8GB @1950MHz, 34" Asus Curved UWQHD 100Hz, 24"Samsung TFT, HTC Vive, 2x8" LCDs@TM CougarMFDs, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PCDash2, Belkin N52te Nostromo, Logitech G900, G910 + G933 Snow, TrackIR5

CS: Hawkeye