SATAL 2018

M0ltar

SATAL Week 12 59th vs RvE will be starting in 10 min. Heatblur will be on towards the end of the stream to talk about the F14 systems, the RIO, and the advanced weapons systems. There will also be a giveaway of a single Heatblur module to a lucky viewer. Hope to see you there!

Get on now, stream start in 10 min!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChfyq4FFuYuUcgPRTxBEZXA/live

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to 59th for a flight well fought! Thanks again to 51st for hosting the event. Looking forward to the next round. We'll try not to gun each other next time :lol:

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Some news! I have changed some things on The Merge site. The things that I have changed pertain mainly to the events section. Going forward each matches stream, along with the Tacviews when available, will be linked to each event/match. This should help with archives and people wanting to go back and review past matches. An example of this can be seen from the last match. You can also see that map location, weather, and MVP have also been added.

http://splashonegaming.com/event/1838/

I will also be working on creating a timeline for each match that outlines the kills and deaths that took place with timestamps. Im still working on how to do this, but expect it soon.

The other thing that I want to put forward is that I would really like to change the times of matches and move them all back 1 hour. This would mean that instead of starting at 1300z we would start at 1400z. The reason behind this is to allow stream viewers, particularly on the West coast of the US a later time for stream start. If you have any qualms or issues with this or even if you really want me to change the times please let me know and I will take it into consideration. I will be sure to let you know if and when this goes into effect. So, for the time being, please assume that all current matches will start at the current time of 1300z until further notice.

No problem for the 36th...

I notice some problen whit stat and points... example... I flight 1 sortie and i'm returning to the base...I have 1 lose, I'ts correct?

In the league group B, 36th ha 0 win and 2 lost ... InSky have 2 win, it's correct?

THX

I think it was a bug I was battling yesterday. Should be fixed now.

In RvE we don't mind starting one hour later. Our murican guys are all east coast :D

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

During today's match there was an issue with 51st using different air frames between rounds 1 and 2 with 51st winning both rounds. The first issue is that there is no definitive rule written in the rules set that states what happens when this occurs. The other issue is that the opposing team left after the second round was won and concluded.

Due to this, it was/is very difficult to determine what to do. Not wanting this to happen again, in all future matches teams will be required to stay available until the completion of all rounds and the team captains have stated that the match has concluded and no further rounds are needed.

Furthermore, the rules going forward for payload violations and aircraft violations will be a loss for the round where the infractions took place. If either team, for whatever reason is unable to continue for any reason the team that is unable to continue will be given the round loss instead. This new rule will be added to the OP.

Again, 51st apologizes for the issues in today's match and will work to make sure that this is not an issue going forward.

Thanks for the match IRIAF! In true ironic fashion it would of course be the tournament organisers that screw up the rules so apologies for that. At least it gave us all the opportunity to fly a 3rd round. Congrats to 1Pressure in particular for scoring kills on our dear (flight) leaders!

Next match InSky vs ITGC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Guys (and Gals?),

We are almost at the half way point of SATAL. The Group A and B tables are starting to take shape but with just over half the matches remaining to be flown there is still ample opportunity to book yourselves into the final playoffs.

The format will be as follows:

The top 4 teams from each group will qualify to the knockout stage. Teams will be seeded according to position.

Matches

1)A3 vs B4 ---> 3)Winner vs B2 ---> 5)Winner vs A1

2)B3 vs A4 ---> 4)Winner vs A2 ---> 6)Winner vs B1

Match 7 will be 3rd place playoff

Match 8 will be the Final.

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I hope you don't mind me asking, but that is kind of a weird setup.

So securing first place will automatically land you in the finals? I don't know of any system in any sport that works like that.

Normally A1vsB2 & B1vsA2 would play, and then each gets assigned an opponent from the 3s&4s matches, and then after that would be the final.

Maybe you guys made a deliberate choice, but it is somewhat "odd" in comparison to RL sports formats.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy