DCS World User Mods "WHAT IF" SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!!

NRG-Vampire

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so many private mods? Sharing is caring :cry:

number one thing to remember is that many private mods use assets which they couldn't legally distribute their mod with.

in other words...sharing is caring, but the legal world doesn't care.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Even if no money is involved? The legal world typically doesn't care unless it can make a buck off of it.

yes, if the asset used was free and the mod was free then there is no loss to either party, and by then, it just comes down to politeness if you want to bother asking for written permission. however, if the modder pays for the asset and releases it to people as freeware, those people will get to use that asset / something created by it for free, and as obvious as this is to be stated, that's a problem. there's also a problem if someone starts selling off that mod containing the asset or the asset itself as their own.

plus many private mods (including a couple of my own) are meant for looks, not function. i understand the yearning for a flyable f-16 or whatnot, but i don't want an unarmed f-15 with a cloak in the shape of an f-16. and sure, they may be functional, hell, they may have armament galore, but in the end, it's up to the owner of the mod to put up their mod for public download.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Maximum Fire Power!

Eight Guns!

b172.jpg

b17.jpg

And a little

mossi.jpg

mossi2.jpg

Mosquito........

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=126

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

LO47E10.jpg

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Thanks Jon!

Available now!

One of my favs.......

HELLO KITTY! LOL

Hello_Kitty.jpg

Hello_Kitty_b.jpg

Hello_Kitty_c.jpg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."