romeokilo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few more photos just because I can!

56a2f1b72f938cecfc7b939780dcc39e.jpg

Finished my TACAN, not entirely realistic but it gets the job done. Designed so I didn't have to buy any more segment displays for the x y.

The knobs are temporary, the better ones I bought don't fit the rotary encoders I used...

3ce5767732d3f0c0e06b5b1b4573a29d.jpg

Buttkicker!

69cd7d6a6e87bbf342742f29770025dc.jpg

Scored some real ACES seat cushions!

4b9b30a1a4d5585cf4899a4d0e7da0bb.jpg

Made some F-16 style indexers.

79ce487f1e83a2ebc41c7ae03d9d3712.jpg

Edited by romeokilo

RK - Which switches did you go with? If you have a parts list that includes the part numbers that would be extremely helpful and much appreciated.

Fantastic work here, one of the cleanest pits I’ve seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 4 weeks later...

Wow.

Really nice view.

But: is your amazing cup holder still working during this maneuver?

I watch this project almost from start: I want to thank you for sharing this adventure with us.

Great.

Gesendet von meinem K4000_PRO mit Tapatalk

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

Romeokilo, this is one of the most complete pits I think we have around. Beautiful all the way. A lot of us has been watching from the beginning and learned from your ideas. Thanks a lot for that. I am sure that the lessons learned along the way will make the Hornet pit easier.

Excellent work Sir.

Cheers

Hans

Sort of wish it was a Hornet though...

So when do you start building...:pilotfly:

:lol:

But in all seriousness, that is great work Ray. And with luck, I hope to join you in the sky in maybe 2 months.

Btw, did you run the mission in 1.5 or 2.5.0?

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Just been through the entire thread (:thumbdown: Photobucket for messing up and otherwise perfectly documented build), and I have to say well done - you must be very proud of what you have accomplished in two years.

I hope you don't mind a request : I would love at some point to see a video of you playing a 30 min or so mission from the below angle (where both the cockpit and screen are visible) - to watch how you interact with the cockpit throughout a quick mission.

56a2f1b72f938cecfc7b939780dcc39e.jpg

Cheers lads. I'm pretty damn happy it's finally up and working.

First decent video is up on my new channel! Make sure you guys subscribe!

${1}

No major issues anymore, just ironing out a few minor bugs- its amazing the things you don't think of or realize until you are actually sitting in the pit and up in the air.

Working on the fuel panel at the moment- its a complicated one!

But: is your amazing cup holder still working during this maneuver?

Haha - my drink was held securely in my hand as i communicated with the MiG-28 mid four G negative dive

Btw, did you run the mission in 1.5 or 2.5.0?

Running in 2.5. I update every time one is released.

I hope you don't mind a request : I would love at some point to see a video of you playing a 30 min or so mission from the below angle (where both the cockpit and screen are visible) - to watch how you interact with the cockpit throughout a quick mission.

Request recieved! It shall be done!

Believe I have said it before, but great work here RK! Really impressive pit you’ve build man. I’ll be using it for inspiration as I embark upon my own build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I’ve inquired to about receiving a pair of the captogloves. RK do you have plans for a motion platform or vr in the next iteration?

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 3 weeks later...
Please can I ask, and absolutely no disrespect to your fantastic work.

Folk are making panels but I havnt seen anyone making A-10 MFDs they just use the Thrustmaster ones?

You are all putting in heaps of effort, have the tools and capability to make them, but noone is?

Dont want to shift it off topic so will ask you direct, (with the greatest respect), Romeo, did you think of making your own MFDs and why didnt you?

Your pit is awesome btw.

Now im building my FA 18C cockpit and surprisingly there is almost no Trustmaster mfd to buy around here, Everywhere i look its out of stock or way to steep as i would need 3 of them.

So arduino+ 3D Printing and hoping that i am able to make my own mfd's.

Cheers Evilfisher

• 1 month later...

Could you please post the tools you are using and you opinion of each. By tools I mean machinery like the CrC and 3D-printer etc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

how many beamers will you use and where do you position them?

will you use some tape or anything on the gap in the middle?

Two beamers roof mounted for 180 degrees.

7c61652efc6d20bc6811222f4a59aad6.jpg

The gap will be covered with tape once everything is finalised, it actually helps a lot to leave it for now so I have a half way line visible when aligning everything.

0c996fd23b4e553f12341289aa4d9a7d.jpg

The screen also has yet to have its final coat of paint, it's just flat white at the moment but will be finished in a 'black widow' mix. That'll go over the tape as well.

I've got another 90 degree section ready to bolt on for a 270 degree setup, just waiting until I can afford a third projector. That will need to wait until after a major PC upgrade and a few other things.

Plus I'll need to install the third screen section when the wife is overseas and hope she doesn't notice...

Edited by romeokilo

Could you please post the tools you are using and you opinion of each. By tools I mean machinery like the CrC and 3D-printer etc
The only real special tool I have is a cheap Chinese K40 laser that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

All the woodwork was either done by hand or cut for me by a local shop.

All 3D prints are done via shapeways.

The entire screen assembly cost about $150 and was done by hand with a jigsaw.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk