DCS F/A-18C Hornet Live Stream April 1st 9:00am MST

NineLine

So 15:00 GMT ?

GMT is more useful (Saves everyone a google).

Everyone knows where they sit re: GMT, only (some) people in North America know MST to local.

I had to google it and found out that MST is exactly the same as PST, UTC -7. Just that I never heard of MST before rdlaugh.png

Somehow I've got the feeling that the US has more different time zone designations than it has states.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thanks for that ED good progress on everything...

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Matt>

My thanks, REALLY REALLY enjoyed the tour and can't wait for the map (already ordered the F18).

Our best to your teams for some stunning work.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Wags said the new John C. Stennis will be for everyone?

Thats mean for free?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

some that does a short review on what seen on the live stream for people who couldn't follow?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

some that does a short review on what seen on the live stream for people who couldn't follow?

I came in a little late, Matt was already at the airfield threshold and did an excellent take off and headed up to Abu Dhabi, demonstrated some of the navigation equipment and use of the left MFD for route and flight plan information. The terrain at this point was generally undulating desert, mainly reddish in the sunset and he coasted out about 20 miles to an offshore Island, where there was a small airport, ran that down his right side and next waypoint was one of 2 'Palm island' resorts off Abu Dhabi, coasted in past tankers at oil terminal and went inland to the right of the city to a military airport. The terrain although flat was populated with houses and complex roads, the airfields both civil and military looked well detailed, the civ airports had representative aircraft at them. Smart left turn and described a tilted Z route back over the city to take in the big snazzy hotel with the helipad, did not mention whether it is 'hard' or not, but I'll test that myself, then past the world tallest structure nicely modelled...need a light on the top of that. There was a short break just prior to this as sunset was coming too fast, so Matt did a 'reset time' chopped the previous waypoints and reset himself back on track 2hours earlier....daylight saving in operation. The flight then departed to the North to the tip of the UAE, THis is more mountainous and well laid out, took it up to FL15, and off to the right you could see out to Oman and the Arabian sea. After getting to the tip of the peninsula he dropped down to low level and the mountains gave him and excellent terrain following experience.Similar but different yet than the NTTR. You can see it's different. Much mentioning of the IRAN scenery and mountainous terrain there, thats for later. Descended again back for the landing, busy answering questions and went wide on the approach, did a go around, by hat off to him for that. IMHO the map is worth the money. I have friends who fought in the 70's on the Oman...problem, so I have the urge to get some missions over that side. The RAF provided planes and helo's for that conflict, but not modelled in DCS, I hope this has been of some use

That was a fine stream. I really like Wags' voice work. Like Bob Ross but with missiles. ('happy little missile trails going here. and there. and isnt that just a happy little accident, another one right there.')

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

I came in a little late, Matt was already at the airfield threshold and did an excellent take off and headed up to Abu Dhabi, demonstrated some of the navigation equipment and use of the left MFD for route and flight plan information. The terrain at this point was generally undulating desert, mainly reddish in the sunset and he coasted out about 20 miles to an offshore Island, where there was a small airport, ran that down his right side and next waypoint was one of 2 'Palm island' resorts off Abu Dhabi, coasted in past tankers at oil terminal and went inland to the right of the city to a military airport. The terrain although flat was populated with houses and complex roads, the airfields both civil and military looked well detailed, the civ airports had representative aircraft at them. Smart left turn and described a tilted Z route back over the city to take in the big snazzy hotel with the helipad, did not mention whether it is 'hard' or not, but I'll test that myself, then past the world tallest structure nicely modelled...need a light on the top of that. There was a short break just prior to this as sunset was coming too fast, so Matt did a 'reset time' chopped the previous waypoints and reset himself back on track 2hours earlier....daylight saving in operation. The flight then departed to the North to the tip of the UAE, THis is more mountainous and well laid out, took it up to FL15, and off to the right you could see out to Oman and the Arabian sea. After getting to the tip of the peninsula he dropped down to low level and the mountains gave him and excellent terrain following experience.Similar but different yet than the NTTR. You can see it's different. Much mentioning of the IRAN scenery and mountainous terrain there, thats for later. Descended again back for the landing, busy answering questions and went wide on the approach, did a go around, by hat off to him for that. IMHO the map is worth the money. I have friends who fought in the 70's on the Oman...problem, so I have the urge to get some missions over that side. The RAF provided planes and helo's for that conflict, but not modelled in DCS, I hope this has been of some use
Thanks for taking your time to answer me...much appreciated

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thank you Matt Wagner and ED for a great live stream and taking your time to do this during the Holidays!

Really looking forward to the F/A-18C!!

Intel i7-8700K 4.8Ghz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windblows 10, 512 SSD

Virpil MongoosT-50 base with TM Warthog Stick

TM Warthog Throttle

MFG Crosswind

HP Reverb G1

thanks Wags for this great live stream . Will def go for that map once its available.

Was recently in Dubai on vacation and I immediately got familiar with what I saw in the stream ;-)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Very nice stream Matt. Thank you.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II