Desk mount for VKB Gunfighter Pro MCG and Warthog Throttle

ExGreyFox

Hello pilots,

In a nutshell, I want to get my Warthog throttle, and my yet to purchase MCG Gunfighter Pro stick both on desk mounts.

I am in the process of acquiring the VKB Gunfighter pro MCG (long stick version) along with MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals. I already own the HOTAS Warthog. I need a desk mount for the MCG stick and preferably one for the Warthog Throttle as-well. So far I have found a what seems to be a low cost solution for the stick. Its the Virpil desk mount found here:

https://virpil.com/en/shop/accessories/vpc-desk-mount-vpc

Seems like all I would need to do is grab 2 of the Virpil desk mounts along with the TMW Mounting Throttle plate and should be set??

So far I have not been able to come across anything comparable to this for relatively the same price.

Will this work? Thoughts?

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Go Virpil or Monstertech

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Two things:

1) You will need the TMW Mounting Base for the Gunfighter, and will need to drill holes in it to suit the GF. GF and TMW holes are different. GF is smaller, so thats good.

2) You need to be careful that the extended MCG does not have so much throw that it hits the top of the mount.

hi , suggest two combine 2 virpil mounts (one inverted)for the GF pro, because of the extension, did that since i use them

Two things:

1) You will need the TMW Mounting Base for the Gunfighter, and will need to drill holes in it to suit the GF. GF and TMW holes are different. GF is smaller, so thats good.

2) You need to be careful that the extended MCG does not have so much throw that it hits the top of the mount.

Hit top of the mount? I don't follow. I figured the setup will match this guy's:

It looks to me that there is plenty of clearance between the top of the mount and the stick.

Another good example of what I'm trying to replicate:

Edited by ExGreyFox

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5