Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Hello and thanks for such a great script!

I have made a mission in which troops picked up by the player's helicopter are dropped of and proceed to search for a bomb planted by the enemy, however,

when the troops enter the trigger zone, the flag is not fired.

I have tried unit in zone, part of group in zone etc, nothing works.

Do the groups lose their identity when extracted?

Here is a test mission I made to see if it would work:

Thanks!

CTLD group name in zone test.miz

Hello and thanks for such a great script!

I have made a mission in which troops picked up by the player's helicopter are dropped of and proceed to search for a bomb planted by the enemy, however,

when the troops enter the trigger zone, the flag is not fired.

I have tried unit in zone, part of group in zone etc, nothing works.

Do the groups lose their identity when extracted?

Here is a test mission I made to see if it would work:

Thanks!

Had a good play around can't get it working either - my sample mission doesnt work either for this so I'll test on an internal build and report if it doesnt work there too! :)

Thanks for reporting!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Did it work? I'll do a proper release if so :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Just tested it and it works. So what happens if you set the gazelle to carry 4 troops and no crates the options in the radio menu will be limited to only what that specific airframe can carry, so if the gazelle can only carry 4 troops, options that have more than 4 will not show up in the radio menu. Same as the crates. Awesome work, now I have to change all of our missions...... AGAIN:D

Edited by [Knight]

As always, thanks Ciribob for this most excellent script. It is core functionality to every mission I make for the 99th.

Recently we have noticed that it is possible to spam the number of crates that can be deployed, and if you do it just right - and are at the edge of the deployment zone you can create a bunch of crates - lift off.. move outside the zone, and then immediately open the crates, never having to actually pick them up and move them anywhere.

Once you figure out how big the zone is.. spamming crates becomes easy and can mess up the balance of the mission. Especially if only one side is doing it. Some in the know are taking advantage of those who don't.

It becomes a race to create a forward FOB - and then just spam out 20+ tanks with in just a few mins. Then have those tanks steam roll the other side. If you have a friend helping you (one of you on the inside of the crate creation zone, and your buddy on the outside) you can really get some spam going.

Would it be possible to implement a timer system, so that each player can only create 1 crate in a certain period of time and allow the mission maker to set that time. I'd start with a 2 to 5 min delay myself. This would encourage the actual pick up the crate and moving it away from the zone where it was created, or at least slow down the spam.

Thanks for reading and as always thanks for this script.

...Do the groups lose their identity when extracted? .....

Looks like this is the case... tried different scenarios in all the Group Name is not acted upon in any trigger once the group has been extracted and disembarked...

SIGBLOCK.png

One of the guys in my squad (F99th-Squid) came up with a clever little fix for the crate spam / exploit people were using.

I d/l'ed the latest from github, and added the fix. If you compare that to the original you'll find all the lines we changed. (not much really)

This should force the player to actually move the crate, instead of just lifting off and landing again outside the logistic zone and unpacking everything that was just created.

Hope to see this (or something like it) implemented in the core script in future versions.

Thanks for reading and thx for the awesomeness that is CTLD.

CTLD-ExploitFix.lua

One of the guys in my squad (F99th-Squid) came up with a clever little fix for the crate spam / exploit people were using.

I d/l'ed the latest from github, and added the fix. If you compare that to the original you'll find all the lines we changed. (not much really)

This should force the player to actually move the crate, instead of just lifting off and landing again outside the logistic zone and unpacking everything that was just created.

Hope to see this (or something like it) implemented in the core script in future versions.

I'm sure the new function could be shrunk down because it is only used in the unpacking check. This should show what we needed to do to stop folks from abusing ctld by not actually transporting crates anywhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like this is the case... tried different scenarios in all the Group Name is not acted upon in any trigger once the group has been extracted and disembarked...

It has been reported to ED :)

The group name is kept, but the trigger isn't triggering like it used to for some reason

When I use ctld.createRadioBeaconAtZone, can I make the resulting unit invisible?

Unfortunately not but you could edit the script to make the beacon immortal or invisible to AI if that would help?

I'm sure the new function could be shrunk down because it is only used in the unpacking check. This should show what we needed to do to stop folks from abusing ctld by not actually transporting crates anywhere.

Thanks guys :)

Sorry for the slow reply

Try the attached version, its not tested but you can now set the cooldown time for a player to spawn a crate, you can also force the crate to be moved once before it can be unpacked.

ctld.crateWaitTime = 120 -- time in seconds to wait before you can spawn another crate

ctld.forceCrateToBeMoved = true -- a crate must be picked up at least once and moved before it can be unpacked. Helps to reduce crate spam

It really is untested so please let me know how you get on :)

CTLD.lua

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Unfortunately not but you could edit the script to make the beacon immortal or invisible to AI if that would help?

Uh...sure. That's kinda confusing though. When I place a beacon with that script, I get a mortar unit too, at the beacon location. Too close and enemy units commence shooting at it. But the mortar unit isn't in my own units list. I don't know where I would set the invisible and immortal status. I don't see anything in CTLD.lua that offers the possibility.

This is in 2.1.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

The mortar unit is standard, I don't know if you can change that. There is another snippet of script in this thread a while back where a dropped unit can be set to invisible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

This is from Ciribob a while back:

he code to mark a unit as invisible is:

Code:

local _spawnedGroup = Group.getByName("Some name")

local _setInvisible = {

id = 'SetInvisible',

params = {

value = true

}

}

local _controller = _spawnedGroup:getController()

Controller.setCommand(_controller, _setImmortal)

But catching the units group name or getting the unit will require a bit of thought but I'll have a look.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

The "Some name" part of that script is problematic. The first problem I see is knowing what the name will be for a spawned beacon unit. I suppose somewhere there's a way to predict what ID the units will get.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

The "Some name" part of that script is problematic. The first problem I see is knowing what the name will be for a spawned beacon unit. I suppose somewhere there's a way to predict what ID the units will get.

Sorry in an Airport so can't test but this should solve it for you

Edit this line:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L3237

Replace this single line

return Group.getByName(mist.dynAdd(_radioGroup).name)

with this whole block

local _spawnedGroup = Group.getByName(mist.dynAdd(_radioGroup).name)

local _setInvisible = {
id = 'SetInvisible',
params = { 
	value = true
} 
}

local _controller = _spawnedGroup:getController()

Controller.setCommand(_controller, _setInvisible)

return _spawnedGroup

Let me know if it doesnt work :)

This makes it invisible to AI so they wont engage

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ciribob

We have an addiction to this scipt =)

And now we want to put soldiers "GI" pack asset in our helicoters to land them ..

We can not use these "soldiers GI WWII".

Since they are installed in another directory, we wonder if this is not the cause.

Do you have an idea ?

Sorry my English is not terrible

We use this script for our school

EVAC is a virtual school for fighter or helicopter

www.evac-fr.net

Did the invisible script change posted above work?

Hello Ciribob

We have an addiction to this scipt =)

And now we want to put soldiers "GI" pack asset in our helicoters to land them ..

We can not use these "soldiers GI WWII".

Since they are installed in another directory, we wonder if this is not the cause.

Do you have an idea ?

Sorry my English is not terrible

We use this script for our school

EVAC is a virtual school for fighter or helicopter

www.evac-fr.net

You can either manually add the groups to the mission, add make the group names like extract1,extract2 etc

OR

edit here:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L1788

and put in the name of the type of soldier you want as infantry

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I'm having some issues. I tested with the sample troop transport mission and making my own but I get the same issues. When i pick up the troops (labelled 'extract10') using the F10 menu and drop them off at the LZ trigger point the delayed unit of 'extract11' is supposed to spawn, however its actually 'extract10' that disembarks the helo and runs in some random direction. I have to use the f10 menu to deploy troops again in order to get the 'extract 11' troops to deploy however that means there's now 2 units on the ground where as the other unit should have despawned. Any idea what's going on? Thanks

Edited by Mukai92

• 2 weeks later...
When trying to extract spawned CTLD troops which were previously unloaded. I get the message:

'Cannot load 10 troops, MI-8 can only hold : 10 troops', or something to that effect.

In order to extract the unit i must kill one soldier :/

Some must be sacrificied if all are to be saved

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests