Saitek G switch panel - clueless how to set up

TheHighwayman

Hello!

I bought my first panel, a Saitek G switch panel.

I then attempted to install BIOS and Pro USB Panels, and became very confused. I read through comments and searched for folders and files that weren't there, despite navigating to the correct location (Users/myname/dcsopen-beta/mission editor...).

At this point I have no idea what I am doing, or not doing.

I need a step by step guide that isn't technical. I got half a sentence into the BIOS help files and hit words that I do not understand and are not found in the dictionary.

There's too much help out there with too much jargon and not enough clarity or simplicity for a simpleton like me.

Can anyone help me from scratch?

I've completed the first step...

1. Plug in the Saitek G planel to a USB port.

2?

Thanks. Sorry for being THAT guy.

I don't have one, but I looked at the manual. I'll assume you followed the manual and installed the driver. So try this:

1) Click on Start Menu then type "control (no quotes) and you should see Control Panel app. Click on it.

2) You should now see the Control Panel. The cursor should already be blinking in the upper right corner with the magnifying glass. If not, click on the field. This is the search field. Type "joystick" and hit enter (no quotes).

2) Under Devices and Printers, You should see "Set up USB Game controller. Click on that.

Do you see your device listed there? If it is, it's just a USB controller and we can take it from there.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

If it shows up as a USB controller, you can just open the game, go to the configuration, select the plane, select the function and modify it. You can just hit the button to tell DCS what button should be mapped to what function.

It's possible the device comes with its own configuration program. But I didn't see it in the manual.

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I got the darn thing to work!

Do not plug in the switch panel yet, leave it unconnected to your computer.

1. Install the driver from Saitek

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

From the "Choose Your Product Range" pulldown, choose:

-Pro Flight (even though nothing on the Saitek G product, packaging, or manual labels it a "Pro Flight" item, I suppose it is implied).

Under Select Product choose:

-Pro Flight Switch Panel

Under "Select Operating System" choose:

-Your operating system

Pay attention to which OS you choose and 32 vs 64 bit.

This will download your driver.

2. Run the downloaded program to install the driver.

-The driver will install, this takes only a few seconds. then it will ask to install a software package. Agree at the prompt to install this although it does not appear to install a particular software for use, the software is essential.

3. FOLLOW these instructions which are good, but a little confusing.

https://github.com/jdahlblom/DCSFlightpanels/blob/master/Documentation/Manual.pdf

"Step 5" is awkwardly worded. You need to copy the specified files TO that folder, not from it. (You cannot copy files from it, since they are not there initially. However, a literal reading of the instruction will cause confusion as you look for files to copy that aren't there. Obviously copying FROM cannot complete an installation, which is your hint do copy TO that file.)

4. You need to find "export.lua" and copy it to your saved games folder. For me, this was This PC> Windows> Users> My Name> Saved Games> DCS.openbeta> Mission Editor

There are several files that need to be copied here but I do not have a list of them. They are all JSON and LUA files for different aircraft. This is where I become unclear because I don't remember precisely what I did. Perhaps someone can come behind me and correct me.

5. Open the ProUsbPanels application.

6. Click on NEW and choose NONE or the Module you wish to configure to panel for.

7. This part is unintuitive and isn't explained anywhere, but click the little tab on the screen that says "PZ55." This will show you the panel and you can begin configuring your buttons.

This is the best I can do for now, I hope it helps someone out there.

They aren't plug and play devices. I have two of them. They only function as keyboard emulators and require an external program for that. They're proprietary to FSX or something.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2