Which module should I buy?

skuatioxxd

Up to you and your interest. The newer modules have large learning curve, but worth it. The A-10C is great and trains you to have proper trim and aircraft control. Huge weapon load is fun. I'm currently using the FA-18 and loving it.

F-15/SU-27 are newbie friendly and you don't have to learn all the aircraft functions (start up, systems, etc..), but are still effective.

2020 Rig

Chasse: bequiet! Darkbase 700

MBoard: Asus b550-F Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

DIMM: HyperZ 3200 64 GB (16x4)

GPU: Asus Strix 2070 - 8GB

Storage: 2x Samsung EVO 1TB m.2 (1 dedicated for DCS)

I have 26 dollars. I actually learned how to fly the Su-25T and I really enjoyed it. But I think I need some modules to improve myself.

So I am thinking Su-33 and F-15C

Which one I should buy? I am looking for easy maneuverability.

Wait two weeks, the Steam Sale should start around that date, and most likely ED will do a Sale around the same time .. and then purchase the Flamming Cliffs Package: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_flaming_cliffs_3/

Most likely it will be discounted so that it will be within your budget :)

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The F-15 is probably the easiest to fly out of the FC3 aircraft, although you need to be careful with it at lower speeds. The Su-27/33 are a bit better there.

There's also the matter of cockpit symbology. I'm more used to US cockpit layouts, which makes using the F-15's avionics infinitely easier than in the Russian planes. If you're used to the Su-25 though, you might find Russia systems easier.

The easiest fighter to fly at the moment is probably the F/A-18, although it's also a full DCS modules so the avionics are more involved than the FC3 planes. You'll need to spend more time learning and setting controls.

I'd recommend getting Flaming Cliffs 3 for multiple aircraft when its on sale as Rudel said. Possibly the F/A-18 instead if you want a more detailed plane and if the price drops down enough.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The F-15 is probably the easiest to fly out of the FC3 aircraft, although you need to be careful with it at lower speeds. The Su-27/33 are a bit better there.

There's also the matter of cockpit symbology. I'm more used to US cockpit layouts, which makes using the F-15's avionics infinitely easier than in the Russian planes. If you're used to the Su-25 though, you might find Russia systems easier.

The easiest fighter to fly at the moment is probably the F/A-18, although it's also a full DCS modules so the avionics are more involved than the FC3 planes. You'll need to spend more time learning and setting controls.

I'd recommend getting Flaming Cliffs 3 for multiple aircraft when its on sale as Rudel said. Possibly the F/A-18 instead if you want a more detailed plane and if the price drops down enough.

Alright I choose it. I am buying F15-C Thanks for the suggests.

Alright I choose it. I am buying F15-C Thanks for the suggests.

The ED store will probably go on summer sale very soon .. may I suggest to wait 10 days?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Wait till the sale drops and grab the whole FC3 bundle. Multiple aircraft included/best bang for the buck.

Hornet (and other full fidelity modules) is great but will spoil you with the full fidelity pit (IE: clicky buttons/switches). If you learn on that and try to go backwards to FC3 jets, your learning curve gets all FUBAR because you'll be sitting there trying to make heads or tails of keybinds and getting frustrated that you can't just click on what you want with your mouse to operate it. Starting on the "easy" jets from FC3 gets your mind trained to use key binds from the start and makes transitioning to something like the Hornet a breeze.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

skuatioxxd

hopefully you're enjoying the F-15 you purchased. I have that, A-10c, Su-33, Mig-29, Black Shark 2. Speaking entirely from my own (green) experience, I can't shake the yearning for full operable cockpit.... all knobs and switches working. I see several suggestions to save a little more and get the F-18...... agreeing, definitely my next purchase..... I assume out of all the aircraft the F-18 is equally A-A as it is A-G.

If you prefer A-G, I'd (did) go with A-10c Warthog.... awesome standalone sim; I'd bought in 2012. In A-A combat I've got a long way to go..... not just radar ops but also energy management. Just because the F-15 is (or was) the only aircraft that could accelerate in straight-up vertical climb doesn't mean it can't be stranded in a stall :)

Also, don't underestimate the value of learning flight in Su-25T..... "T" is for "trainer" :)

• 2 months later...
I am sorry guys but I changed my mind I am buying F-16C :)

The F-16 will start very incomplete at first, I wouldnt recommend it to a beginner .. the F-18 is pretty similar on avionics and armament and it has had more than a year of Early access, so it is much more complete ... plus it can operate from a Carrier while the F-16 is strictly a landbased aircraft.

If you want a full clicky beginner plane, the F5 is great for that. Easy to learn, not very demanding on horsepower graphically compared to say the F14 or F18 which seem to be the most harsh to me. Though if you're not in VR the game seems to run a lot better than I'm used to from the 1.5 days. Only downside is it's kind of twitchy and hands on to fly with no autopilot and the bombing is very difficult and manual.

The modules I've had the most fun with overall though are the KA-50 black shark, and the A-10C. You can sink a lot of time into both and have a lot of fun learning the systems if that's your thing, and they have worthwhile campaigns if you like single player campaigns.

Ok well, if I buy F18 will my computer lag? Mine is i5-7200u and 940MX with 8GB DDR4 2400MHz laptop.

Most likely it will lag with any module, a laptop isnt as fast as a desktop pc of the same price .. the biggest handicap are the laptops graphics which are usually downrated from their desktop equivalents in order to fit the reduced cooling capabilities of a laptop enclosure.

If possible, try to raise the memory to 16 GB by adding 8 more GB .. most likely the laptop will not have free memory slots, but check if it is feasible or not, as your 8 GB is right on the minimum for DCS

Most likely it will lag with any module, a laptop isnt as fast as a desktop pc of the same price .. the biggest handicap are the laptops graphics which are usually downrated from their desktop equivalents in order to fit the reduced cooling capabilities of a laptop enclosure.

If possible, try to raise the memory to 16 GB by adding 8 more GB .. most likely the laptop will not have free memory slots, but check if it is feasible or not, as your 8 GB is right on the minimum for DCS

Oh hey I appreciate your suggestion but I can't build a pc man :( I just can't. See the dollar currency on my country is 5 times. For example if you want to buy a hornet on America you only buy for 80 dollars, but here on Turkey, you get for 400 turkish currency. And the chea pest and fastest computer is minimum 4700 turkish currency.

I don't know what to do :( Should I build another computer?

Oh hey I appreciate your suggestion but I can't build a pc man :( I just can't. See the dollar currency on my country is 5 times. For example if you want to buy a hornet on America you only buy for 80 dollars, but here on Turkey, you get for 400 turkish currency. And the chea pest and fastest computer is minimum 4700 turkish currency.

I don't know what to do :( Should I build another computer?

You find another job lol.

Seriously If you're new to the hobby I'd suggest buy FC3. Best module for the money and arguably more FPS friendly.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Job for 14 years old :D, alright maybe I dont buy modules, thanks for this suggestion too :D
Lol then save the money your parents give to you like my kids did. They bought their consoles and games with their own saving.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze