How to save my joysticks settings

united_hatch

Here is where the files are. The P51 is shown but the Spit will have a separate directory....Backup these files or the entire Saved Games\DCS folder.

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\P-51D\joystick

slyfly

• 3 months later...
I'm doing a build soon, so with a complete install, will that work just saving the input folder?

Better save the whole /saved games/dcs world/ folder, that way you keep any custom missions, liveries, static templates, screenshots, etc, along with the controls config.

On the new PC you may have to rename the hotas config files, as they include the USB-ID on their name.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you Rudel_chw, so I don't need to make a diff.lua file for every module? The input folder is enough? I'm not sure if I understand renaming the hotas config files for USB-ID. Shouldn't they stay the same if I'm using the same controllers?

Asus ROG Z390, I9 9900K , 32 GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 2080 Ti , Win10 64, Rift CV1 & S VR

... so I don't need to make a diff.lua file for every module? The input folder is enough?

Correct, within the /Saved Games/DCS World/Config/Input/ there is one folder for each aircraft you own .. no point on saving each one by one, just save the whole /Saved Games/DCS World/ folder .. you wont regret it, as there are many other items in there, beyond just the Hotas profiles.

I'm not sure if I understand renaming the hotas config files for USB-ID. Shouldn't they stay the same if I'm using the same controllers?

No, because the ID that windows assign to each peripheral varies each time you reinstall Windows .. let me show you an example, these are the various .lua files that DCS has created for my Harrier over the three installs that I've made of Windows on my PC:

t99P5WG.jpg

The next time you reinstall Windows, DCS will create a new .diff.lua file rather than keep using the one I previously had ... so, what you can do is copy the name of the new diff.lua and then paste it over the name of the prior file you had (you may have to delete or move somewhere else the new file, to prevent having two files with the same name on the same folder)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB