TAW Caucasus Flag - Round 1 - November 26th 2016

Dutch Baron

caucasus_flag_R1.jpg

Hello all,

TAW, together with SA-SIM, proudly presents a new event for all types of modern airframes!

The idea is that after ROUND 1, a new mission will be created that follows up on the end situation of ROUND 1. After that a new mission that continues the end situation of ROUND 2, and so on.

Please follow this link to see the MISSION DETAILS and to SIGN UP. (If applicable: Make sure to use the callsign you have used before, so it matched the SA-SIM rankings callsign)

We have made an individual signup, teams also have to signup individually:

http://tawdcs.net/events.html

Here are the rules:

TAW CAUCASUS FLAG EVENT - RULES

This mission has restricted weapons, the ones that are not allowed are:

- AIM-120B/C

- R-27ER/ET

- R-77

- KH-58

- All CBU bombs

The airframes available are:

FIGHTERS: 1 LIFE, after death a 15 minute no-fly penalty, after that again 1 LIFE and then again a penalty etc.

- F15C (BLUE SIDE ONLY)

- SU27 (RED SIDE ONLY)

- SU33 (RED SIDE ONLY)

- MIG29S (RED SIDE ONLY)

- M2000C (BOTH SIDES)

STRIKERS: 2 LIVES, after 2 deaths a 15 minute no-fly penalty, after that again 2 LIVES and then again a penalty etc.

- A10C

- SU25T

CHOPPERS: 3 LIVES, after 3 deaths a 15 minute no-fly penalty, after that again 3 LIVES and then again a penalty etc.

- UH1H

- MI8

- KA50

- SA342M

- The mission runs for 3 hours, all airframes need to land just before the end of the match after receiving the message to land, stop fighting immediately.

- Teamplay and proper communication for finding and taking out targets is key to success.

- You can only fly and use the airframe you choose at the signup.

- If you skid off the runway and do not die, you can respawn without a loss of a life.

- DCS SIMPLE RADIO is mandatory, you need have it installed and be able to use it.

- The main battle frequency is 251.00 AM (both RED and BLUE).

- The individual in-flight communications are done from 124.00 AM and up (both RED and BLUE).

- Each coalition has 12 x FIGHTERS, 8 x STRIKERS, 4 x CHOPPERS

- If we have enough applications for 2 sessions, winners of the first games will fight each other in the finals, losers will fight for 3rd and 4th place.

- Your individual points will count for SA-SIM.com rankings.

- Additional rules from SA-SIM apply which you can find here.

WINNING CONDITIONS

The coalition that has the most captured airbases at the end of the 3 hour match wins.

If it is a draw at the end, the points of A2A and A2G kills, as well as capture points are counted and the coalition with the highest score wins.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hope to see many signups, catch you in the air!

----------------------------------

Current list of registered pilots:

Seastate

Streamcap

SmokeyGer

OverG

SLAYEROMATICK

Koksy

Dugo

Burnhard

STRYK3R

legitscoper

DarksydeRob

SeraphimGray

Smartis

Moltar

AGRS_Mustang

AlephRo

overdude

Kougar

SF_Kapsu

Croncat

redcoreSix

[Charcot 22] Sacha

104th_Stuge

Veritech

104th_Octuplefire

104th_IronMike

104th_Presing

Edited by Dutch Baron
http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Wow, I'm really satisfied about the setup you guys provide. Definitely the level of hardcoreness and realism I'm into, especially with the lives restriction and the Simple Radio usage. Gotta spread the word around.

Is the M-2000C Blue exclusive ?

Count me in:

Nickname: [Charcot 22] Sacha

Aircraft: M-2000C

Side: Blue

Edited by Sacha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Apocom,

Did you register with the name APOCOM?

If yes, I do not see your registration.

Let me know please, thanks!

@Sacha

Thanks for the nice comment!

The M2000C is on both sides.

And please use our registration form on our website to signup!

Edited by Dutch Baron
http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Is it possible to reserve 5 more F-15 slots for 104th? :D

I just put my application in, just need to pass info about this to teammates to get them to do the same.

No, we chose to rule that all players must register individually. In that way we can contact everyone that has registered and we will then also have a good log of "no shows".

Edited by HiJack

No, we chose to rule that all players must register individually. In that way we can contact everyone that has registered and we will then also have a good log of "no shows".

Damn you Hijack, lol, that is the only reason I am in a squadron, so I dont have to sign up to these things myself lol!

Anyway, I am signing up with F-15, of course.

What I would ask you, is to reservate us two more F-15s (if you can four), and I'll tell our guys to sign up individually. Problem is only that they are all IRL busy atm, so the question is when I can get a hold of them.

So say, could you hold back the aircraft till sunday for us? Would be much appreciated. If our guys dont sign up till sunday, it's their own fault.

Thanks a lot, Hijack!

S!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hey Dutch Baron, thanks !

Questions as follow :

1. Is AAR task part of the scenario aswell ? If so, do the Mirages got a compatible tanker ? Either the Ukranian IL-78 or the NATO S3B, even though it should work aswell with the KC-135 considering the boom "hit box".
  2. Does flight package callsigns usage has to be expected in order to clarify coms ?
  3. Does brevity-only and traffic auto-information applies on the coms ?
  4. Does the mission involves a playable GCI ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Sacha,

1: AAR refueling is not in the mission, at least not in the first one. The distances are not that great so having them now would be a bit of a overkill.

2: I am all for flight package names (we use it in TAW normally) but for this mission we have not set that up. I will look into this, but expect just to use your own callsign.

Also, if GCI is used, it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to know the package name because DCS only shows the UID.

3: We can use a fixed airbase frequency for departure/taxi/approach info. I will put that in the briefing. It will be 251.10 for all airbases per coalition to not make it too difficult.

4: It has no GCI included, but if we get many requests from the players to have it, we can easily add it of course. But I do believe we need to have a dedicated GCI, so that there will be no situation where one coalition has a GCI and the other has not. Just to prevent some advantages over the other.

- Let me know what you all think about this 4th point.

Regarding the 2nd point, I'd suggest players to put their package name in front of their username, just like a "clan tag", but I believe it might be problematic for TAW members as you guys are already using a tag in front of your name. Considering this would allow the active GCI to easily manage flight packages. Of course, this applies in the case there's a dedicated GCI.

As you can guess, I'm okay with the 4th point as long as both GCI from each side are present and book the whole round. I've been playing GCI for couple full rounds on Blue Flag Round 8 already so I wouldn't mind in the future getting back to duty. That said, I know some of the guys out there from the RvE squadron who are really into GCI aswell.

Edited by Sacha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I would like to participate together with my 11 years old son, would you think that might be acceptable? Wondering how much profesionalism is required to this event.

Just for understanding, we will fly SU25T and we have both fully equipped rigs for flying simulation. We are not however used to play in big multiplayer events like this one, but we would like to start to.

Oh BTW, he will be my wing :)

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

As there could be GCI available if it's requested by players so I'm requesting it. I'm also hoping we could do it using LotATC as the F10 map gives too much information and oftentimes doesn't work reliably. I haven't been using LotATC recently so I'm not sure what kind of state it's currently in but if it works it should be much better option. Also it would be nice if the there could be multiple dedicated GCI's available as ideally you should have one GCI per four fighters and as such there should be an option to sign up as GCI so squadrons can bring their own and to provide enough of them to serve everyone adequately.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Also it would be nice if the there could be multiple dedicated GCI's available as ideally you should have one GCI per four fighters and as such there should be an option to sign up as GCI so squadrons can bring their own and to provide enough of them to serve everyone adequately.

Multiple GCI may be useless depending on the scenario. In my opinion GCI should be able to manage multiple packages at the same time without any difficulty, as it is in real life I assume, mastering brevity codes surely helps. From my point of view, leaders of packages (or lonewolves) should use auto-information for taxi, departures and arrivals and then push to the GCI frequency once 30nm away from homeplate to check in with the GCI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI's ability to provide information during actual combat (max demand) is for only about four fighters. After that pilots start to not get all the information they could and should get. At least in Finnish airforce this is how it's done and based on practical experience in DCS I can agree with them. Strikers and helos can probably manage with single GCI responsible for all of them but for fighters in A/A combat you need one for each flight.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Hello all,

Please signup via the website. You find the link in the first post.

Only those signed up via that medium are registered.

Regarding the GCI/LotATC:

We will add the GCI slots, but using LotATC is at this moment also not perfect at all.

There were many ghost flights or incorrect names/locations recently when using LotATC.

Also, DCS is not extremely stable lately and maybe adding LotATC will cause extra issues.

Thanks guys for all the registered pilots already, looking forward to this event!

Hello all,

Please signup via the website. You find the link in the first post.

Only those signed up via that medium are registered.

Regarding the GCI/LotATC:

We will add the GCI slots, but using LotATC is at this moment also not perfect at all.

There were many ghost flights or incorrect names/locations recently when using LotATC.

Also, DCS is not extremely stable lately and maybe adding LotATC will cause extra issues.

Thanks guys for all the registered pilots already, looking forward to this event!

Thanks! I did it