"Windows" button on the keyboard? But... I don't have one...

guitarxe

Yes. You will have to change the Win modifier key to something else. IIRC, you can change the key and then name it Win or RWin (as needed) and you don't have to remap the controls themselves.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I dunno when the last time I saw a keyboard without a "WINDOWS" Button, even my PS2 Mini Sharkboard has a "Windows" Button

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm a professional programmer...[...] ...and I probably replaced it about 5 times...

Yep... I know...

A good friend is a software engineer...

and always when something is going really wrong or does not work and no programming skill will help - he's yelling:

'f**king shitty b+*§$t &%@ gaaaaraaagagaraaagagaaaaaahhh!' and slams his keyboard onto the edge of the desk.

When the rattling of the last 'flown off' button has come to silence he sniffs and says:

Ok... I should go to and buy a new keyboard...

:) hilarious :smilewink:

I suspect it's part of the training for programmers. Third semester: smash keyboards and other hardware.:megalol:

Yep... I know...

A good friend is a software engineer...

and always when something is going really wrong or does not work and no programming skill will help - he's yelling:

'f**king shitty b+*§$t &%@ gaaaaraaagagaraaagagaaaaaahhh!' and slams his keyboard onto the edge of the desk.

When the rattling of the last 'flown off' button has come to silence he sniffs and says:

Ok... I should go to and buy a new keyboard...

:) hilarious :smilewink:

I suspect it's part of the training for programmers. Third semester: smash keyboards and other hardware.:megalol:

LOL That is soo sooooo true, my cousin is also and does the same.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I dunno when the last time I saw a keyboard without a "WINDOWS" Button, even my PS2 Mini Sharkboard has a "Windows" Button

Perhaps the OP is referring to the Right Windows key, which is not present on my Blackwidow Ultimate, though it is present on my Das Keyboard's, Logitech G510 and MS Naturals. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As another one said here: Just remap that Win key if you want to keep your keyboard.

I don´t have Windows Keys on any of my Keyboards too. Maybe because I always used quality Keyboards which last forever. My Cherry G3000 I use in the Office is well over 15 years old now. Same for the Acer with Alps switches at home on one of the PCs and the IBM Model Ms and Fs (XT and AT) I´m using occasionally.

Hint: Despite buying (sometimes overpriced) 3rd Party Keyboards using Cherry switches, you can still buy original Cherry G3000s (with Windows Keys) or newer Model Ms (from Unicomp) just in case you think you need a new Keyboard. I bought a G3000 for my wife a few years ago and apart from the additional (Win) Keys and a different colour layout (the old ones had 2 shades of grey, depending on the Key) it feels the same as my 15+ years old one I´m using daily in the office.

If you´re afraid of dirt / germs building up over time, good quality keyboards can be disassembled very easily and cleaned from time to time. And now, I don´t mean the Dishwasher. I disassemble mine and wash the plastic parts and key caps in soap water and undust the electronics. They´re like new again afterwards.

If you´re a programmer though with a proper training and part of your job is to smash Keyboards, I would tend to buy a very cheap keyboard. It will just shatter into pieces when you throw it against something or someone. With a Model M or a G3000 you will smash Windows, Heads or whatever else is around in the office, which could harm your reputation a bit.