HEATBLUR SAVE AN OLD NEMISIS

HEATBLUR SAVE AN OLD NEMISIS  

64 members have voted

1. 1. HEATBLUR SAVE AN OLD NEMISIS

Dear Heatblur,

While i know you have many things on your list of to doos please take a second and consider this. I know that the WW2 fans in DCS are rather small and because of that lower profits are an issue i must humbly ask you to do us warbird jocks a huge favor. Please oh please model the last flying A6M5 no other game or content creator shows the interest but it is the last of its kind an many documents were destroyed or altered or even forged during the war. while i understand that this is a long shot i must a least make the plea. as there is only one left flying to get the real story from and once its gone there will not be enough good intel to ever confidently do it again. Also with your amazing entry into carrier aviation i think you would be the best option for both interest and to do the Airframe proud with its naval aviation tradition. Thank you for reading this and even considering for a second..

Sincerely,

W. Taylor

aka Boxcar_Leader

aka Giggling Doom

up 50 right 20 fire for effect run from north west to south east

I’ve recently “discovered” the WW2 planes after a couple years flying jets...they’re quite fun to fly, kind of a cross between helos and jets considering how helos get very low-level and how maneuverable jets are.

And their A2A combat style is pure “guns only”, no fancy schmancy push-button kills. Given that the F4U Corsair when released is going to be a popular plane, it makes sense to develop an adversary for it.

At least get together with the owners of the sole surviving example of the A6M5 and document all aspects of flight performance and sounds etc? Once documented then development can be done as time and funds permit, even if/when the plane can no longer fly.

I know that the WW2 fans in DCS are rather small and because of that lower profits are an issue

You'd be happy to know that this isn't true. For ED at least, WW2 modules have the best ROI.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I would rather leave the Zero to Magnitude 3, who are also doing the Corsair. Let Heatblur stick to their jets!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

IF I had a vote, it would be for Heatblur to complete the A-6 Intruder as a full blown player flyable Module before taking on anything else, after which they could do Snoopy on his flying dog house and I'd buy it first day!! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would rather leave the Zero to Magnitude 3, who are also doing the Corsair. Let Heatblur stick to their jets!

This icon_idea.gif

HB are the masters of modern tech amongst the 3rd parties. Doing a WWII legend would just not be their beer.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

23 people that voted (63%) DON'T want the Zero modeled in DCS?

That is absurd, that can't be right.

I know some people may have glossed over the post, but that's what they are asking for... the A6M5 Zero.

I asume that some of the voters don't want Heatblur to do the Zero because it may be regarded as a waste of resources for a team that showed off their outstanding capability to do a two seater jet in a fantastic way. I could see it from that perspective too and should have voted NO.

Make a poll in the DCS forum (not the HB) about the Zero and we might see other figures. Caus the Zero would perfectly fit in the WW2 section of DCS if you imagine a pacific map and assets in the future.

I respect all of your opinions the very reason i ask heatblur to do it is there is only one of them still flying ONE and the amazing level of Detail they showed with the F-14B.. i think one of the most influential fighter aircraft ever built deserves the best possible company to model it as there is only one remaining in an original configuration and they do naval aircraft very well obviously but i wil post this in the General ED forum as well.

up 50 right 20 fire for effect run from north west to south east

Heatblur are leading the way with their function 2 seater planes and a decent AI to boot.

It would make sense for HB's future project either be the F-4 or the Tornado series (hopefully the F3 or the IDS with its twin cannons).