Better way to report bugs/Confirm that ED is aware - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think about improving bug reporting?
The way it is actually is good 1 6.67%
I want something that show us that ED is aware of the problem reported 12 80.00%
I want a more efficient way to report a bug (If this is a new idea, post it!) 5 33.33%
Other (then explain it) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
Pougatchev

Default Better way to report bugs/Confirm that ED is aware

Hi all,

First of all that's my point of view not something universal...

I think that we need a way to report bugs directly to ED or more efficiently than actually, and pretty simple, something like after 20 people agreed with the report something ring in ED staff or someone from ED Team can make the thread reported.

Again that's my POV we can share ideas here if someone have something great

Last edited by Pougatchev; 03-10-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Pougatchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
diditopgun

Yes too much bug report topics are not acknowledge as read/known/reported by developers. Very frustrating sometimes to feel like talking in a vacuum. Especially when the bug is easy to fix.

Intel I7 8700K / EVGA GTX 1080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / HOTAS Warthog / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 10 64bits.
diditopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 PM   #3
Harlikwin

I agree, some sort of confirmation system would be good.

Maybe like a reported, replicated or not, being worked on status.

Of course the reporter should include track files, etc.

It would be good if it applied to 3rd party devs as well.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:32 PM   #4
Pougatchev

I'm also sure that some people in the community would be OK to have some "reporting capacities", for example you take one guy who proved by all post and test he make that he can report correctly bug to ED Team, with the capacity of changing post status to reported. This feeling of being no listened put me out of DCS for some months and I don't want that to happen again because I like this sim and whant to help by reporting. Leaving people without reply isn't the correct way...
Old 03-14-2019, 10:53 PM   #5
HC_Official

I am not allowed to mention any other software developers of sims, but someone else out there has an amazing reporting mechanism and it works very well, their game sounds a bit like a body part

1. First to stop duplicate reports
Have a webpage that lists all currently reported bugs, that each bug points to the reporting forum post

2. Don't bury the bug reporting forum so deeply, wish lists and other things help to "hide" reports from being easily seen

3. Track playback working correctly might aid in replicating bugs
HC_Official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:13 AM   #6
Pougatchev

Totally agreed, But I don't know the ED point of view, maybe things are gonna change li'e the ED miles system, I hope so...
Old 03-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #7
Holbeach

In my industry, a correctly filled bug (Defect) report, is assigned a reference number. This has to be acknowledged within 1 week by the Company.

A report has to be received back within 1 month, as to the method used to tackle the bug, if indeed it is one.

Progress can be accessed at any time by typing the reference number into the bug list.

Holbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
Pougatchev

This one look perfect, and at least the acknowledgment make people less angry cause they know that they are listened
Old 03-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #9
ac5

Quote:
Originally Posted by diditopgun View Post
Yes too much bug report topics are not acknowledge as read/known/reported by developers. Very frustrating sometimes to feel like talking in a vacuum. Especially when the bug is easy to fix.
Indeed...... Agree!
Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 1 TB
Windows 10 - 64
CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals
ac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:18 AM   #10
Pikey
Veteran

The current system, after ten years of being on these forums made me apathetic to bothering to log issues now.

If ED wants to save money on QA and use the community, they would do themselves a favour by streamlining this process and getting people onboard.

At the moment it appears as generic "noise". I'm sure they count the thread views than what the issue actually is. And I've change my approach to this. Trouble, what is important to me, is generally not important to others. Watching too many "rivet counting" issues get way out in front, yet fundamental scripting API's and multiplayer bugs sink down low on fix lists.

So frankly, it's easier and has better results to make a lot of noise on the forums about issues than it does submitting a quality defect, because all we really want is acknowledgement first, since we have no idea if the bug is prioritised or even understood.

If Eagle wants quality bugs, they'll need to come half way with me and give quality response, or any response at all.