X56 losing axis settings after restart?

Hi pilots,

I've got a brand new x56 rhino to help me being more precise with my black shark.

It is a great Hotas full of buttons but... It came with the throttle axis inverted.

I don't know if this is a production issue or it's normal.

Anyway, after a lot of troubleshooting (of course in game "invert" was not working) I found the only way of inverting the throttle to normal was to invert the axis in the HUD gaming SW. The issue is, no matter what I do, the setting is lost after I restart the pc.

Tried to save the profile, but apparently the profile settings are saved only as far as key mapping is concerned; no axis tuning is saved.

Unless I'm getting this terribly wrong of course.

Can you support? Someone had similar issues?

Thanks a lot!

Max

I have the X56, been using it all year and had no such issues. I ditched the "HUD" software right from the off and just use the in-sim profile.

Tell you what - I'll attach my profile. If you find it's still a problem when you use mine, all I can suggest is getting rid of HUD - it, and its predecessor SST, are notoriously unreliable. They can work just fine, but they can cause problems just as easily - even when you aren't using it for a particular sim.

I'll upload that profile in a couple of minutes...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Okay -to just test it for the axes, you should ignore the modifier warnings (I use two modifier keys) - just assign the profiles to the Ka-50 and try and fly it.

Edit - before you do that, I would clear the categories for the X56. Don't forget to save your own profiles first ;)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Okay -to just test it for the axes, you should ignore the modifier warnings (I use two modifier keys) - just assign the profiles to the Ka-50 and try and fly it.

Edit - before you do that, I would clear the categories for the X56. Don't forget to save your own profiles first ;)

Thanks a lot I will try.

As a matter of fact, I cannot get rid of HUD as it is the ONLY means I have in this moment to invert the throttle axis, otherwise I can't fly.

Maybe something is wrong with HUD or hotas or both.

HUD can interfere with the settings you make in your sims, which is why a lot of people (I would say most people, but I don't know that - I've seen very few posts from people happy with HUD) don't use it or get rid of it.

If you keep using it to invert your axes, you will never know if you found a proper solution.

Of course, it's your choice and if you get anything to do it how you want it, then I suppose it won't matter.

Kneeboard Guides

HUD can interfere with the settings you make in your sims, which is why a lot of people (I would say most people, but I don't know that - I've seen very few posts from people happy with HUD) don't use it or get rid of it.

If you keep using it to invert your axes, you will never know if you found a proper solution.

Of course, it's your choice and if you get anything to do it how you want it, then I suppose it won't matter.

Brixmis, you are right and it is extremely frustrating each time I start windows to go and set up again the axis inversion. I should try some other trick such as hard reset of calibration, not yet done.

I have now another problem, which is that the key programming only works with the stick, it won't work anymore with the throttle.

It used to work at beginning with the throttle as well, which makes me think that something spoiled the throttle settings/drivers, but I can't figure out what.

It is a pity since the hotas quality and feeling is very nice, very smooth throttle movement and I'm very happy with the button variety... But really frustrated by the software and drivers.

I have also the G25 Logitech wheel and it has a problem with drivers as well (force feedback not working anymore). So I think that the combination Windows10 + Logitech is absolutely terrible. Whatever Logitech touches ultimately gives issues with win10 and drivers, this is my perception.

• 2 years later...

I have an EXACTLY the same issue. Axis is not there when the computer restarted. Basically, after the restart, if I go to Logitech HOTAS App, then settings I don't see a circle representing the current joystick position. The throttle is okay, no need to do anything with it. But Joystick needs to be calibrated EVERY time I restart otherwise no response. Same thing with Rudder. I have to move deadzone just a bit, then apply to get rudder working.