Is this going to be finished?

hazzer

Hi, since the release there have been very little updates on this aircraft. Such as damage model and lod detail as the fps are still woeful in multiplayer. It's very disheartening seeing this amongst others not getting the refinement it needs.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

i was very dissapointed to see that the ADF equipment does not work in the yak.

i thought it was save to buy the yak in early access, because it is such a simple aircraft, that it could take only weeks to finish her up, but i was mistaken sadly.

i'm really dissapointed with ED on this and also to some degree with the community guys doing the previews and guides, which may have had the "early access" disclaimer, but failed to mention that such vital things as ADF were not yet implemented.

you live to learn... *sigh*

Yak-52 is a great plane to fly, it would be pity to leave it unfinished...

With you on this 100%.

Having tried to write a flight sim myself, I can see the yak has some amazing flight characteristics for a sim, it would be sad to leave the little quirks and omissions to fester.

Maybe we need to bump up the post count in this part of the forum?

I say go post your flights in the Screenshots and Videos section started by Nealius, let them know there's an appreciative crowd waiting here.:thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218190

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1

I've uninstalled DCS many month ago due to the still remaining basic bugs with the F-5, the F/A-18 and the Yak-52.

Wanted to re-install it when there are at least a few improvements concerning the above mentioned planes

Absolutely nothing has happened in many month except that ED is constantly making announcements about new add-ons.

Considering how simple the Yak it's unfortunately an eye-opener of how little ED cares about existing customers.

Presently I'm not even considering re-installing DCS once they release their, for sure unfinished, F-16.

Instead I did rewrite the flight model for the P3D F-16 and I'm quite happy with it.

Too bad as Flanker and DCS always were my top flight sims!

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I've uninstalled DCS many month ago due to the still remaining basic bugs with the F-5, the F/A-18 and the Yak-52.

Wanted to re-install it when there are at least a few improvements concerning the above mentioned planes

Absolutely nothing has happened in many month except that ED is constantly making announcements about new add-ons.

Considering how simple the Yak it's unfortunately an eye-opener of how little ED cares about existing customers.

Presently I'm not even considering re-installing DCS once they release their, for sure unfinished, F-16.

Instead I did rewrite the flight model for the P3D F-16 and I'm quite happy with it.

Too bad as Flanker and DCS always were my top flight sims!

I think saying "Absolutely Nothing" happened is somewhat unfair. Lots of new things have come and are coming and lots is happening with the F-18 and the core sim in general at the moment. As far as not caring about their customers, are you saying that they actually want these aircraft to have these issues? As if that somehow helps them?

They get blasted for the F-18 Early Access taking too long and updates not coming fast enough. They get blasted for not fixing existing bugs in older modules. They are getting it from all sides for every conceivable reason. They only have a finite amount of man hours that they can work on these things, and they've chosen to put that into cracking through the F-18 development as fast as they can seeing as thats the module currently with the most urning potential for them. I'm not saying I agree with that approach but I understand it from a business point of view.

Its not that they don't care, its that they don't have enough people to work on everything that needs to be worked on at once. The bugs will be got to, its just a case of when.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I note that Nineline has listed several bugs as "reported" in the last couple of weeks-so there is hope :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I've uninstalled DCS many month ago due to the still remaining basic bugs with the F-5, the F/A-18 and the Yak-52 (…) Absolutely nothing has happened in many month except that ED is constantly making announcements about new add-ons.

OK, so the Yak isn't moving as fast as any of us would like, but to say the F/A-18C has had nothing done to it for months is ridiculous.

Yes, it is in beta, but despite occasional griping from people that have nothing to base their claims on, the FM is near enough for a non-E.D. related F/A-18 pilot to say it's near enough that:

This topic (pitch up on flap deployment) is cyclical; about every 3 months or so it pops up.

What it comes down to is simply "doing that pilot shiz".

The aircraft in its current form is more than manageable. As long as you make all the required airspeed/altitude/configuration "wickets" for the various locations in the break / pattern / approach turn / in the groove / etc , it is all "technique" on how you get there. Practice and try different things and do what works for you.

If we say your "months" is 2 months, the F/A-18C has received (& in the case of weapons, systems to support were added):

IR Maveric

Improvements to the Radar modelling and display (BRA to ownship & A/A WP)

Harm

JHMCS

&

AIM-9x with new tones logic

bug fixes / new options for MAV slew,

Dud cue fixed

changes to radar defaults based on SME feedback

Images of Data Link / MSI, MIDS and COLOR shown

Skins added

Timed (nose / tail ) fusing added.

AGM-65F

(I know I've missed stuff, but when did AIM-7 get functioning loft & changes to the guidance system ? Those were F/A-18C driven too)

from the newsletters over the past couple of months:

•Fix of stores weight calculation in MCc (LAU-61 rockets add absurd amount of weight).

•Unable to step through all GBUs loaded, Incorrect release sequence are fixed.

•AIM-7 will lose semi active radar guidance when the f-18C is hit and enters 360 spin.

•Fixed crash when cycle between CAP-9 and TST pod.

•Unable to select BRA with no A/A Waypoint Selected is fixed.

•Radar page BRA and A/A Waypoint Color Error is fixed.

•F/A-18C: Fixed AGM-65E target lock issue.

•Multimonitor: Left and Right monitors are changed is fixed.

•VR: One eye image blinks when water set to High is fixed.

•F/A-18C training - lesson 12 AIM-9. Default language will be EN not RU.

•In game debrief showing dictKey for unit names instead of actual unit name is fixed.

•Laser code panel does not close in some case is fixed.

•Corrected wrong VVI indication on HUD

•Crash when using Weapon.getDesc() on an Aim-7F from event handler is fixed.

•Removed GBU-16 dual carry on BRU-33.

•Added Instant Action Missions:

•Caucasus FA-18C AGM-65F Maverick Practice

•Caucasus FA-18C Paveway II Laser Guided Bombs Practice

•Caucasus FA-18C River Run

•Persian Gulf FA-18 Strike Fighter

•Added HARM delivery in the Self Protect mode.

•Fixed DUD cue for GPB/LGB.

•Fixed FOV of AGM-65E.

•Fixed TDC slew of AGM-65F.

•Radar ACM modes switching corrected.

•Missing Leading Edge Extension (LEX) Vapors restored.

•Added COLOR option to Radar, DATA sub-level.

•Added Maverick TTMR and IN RNG (in range) cues when seeker slaved to Waypoint Designated (WPDSG) point.

•Added new, more accurate AIM-9X sounds.

•Added Laser-guided bombs GBU-10/12/16.

•Added air show smoke for Hornet. New loadout option and key command added.

•Added BRAA (enabled on Radar/DATA) and AA Waypoint (Bullseye), set on HSI/DATA page with indications on and attack radar page.

•Added AGM-65F SHIP Mode.

•Cockpit textures updated to include fixed normal map issue on the left DDI.

•Ripple Single/Ripple Salvo fixed.

•VACQ and GACQ symbol on HUD fixed.

•Updated F/A-18C RU manual by Vortex.

•Added radio command to AI wingmen to “Go to Tanker”.

•Corrected nose bounce and blackout when launching from the aircraft carrier with a heavy payload.

•Updated AGM-65E/F. While the AGM-65E is now complete, the AGM-65F is still a work in progress. Known AGM-65F issues include TDC slew roughness, missile speed, and seeker lock distance against ships.

•Radar fixes:

- Radar will no longer move to the other side of the display when when the radar is commanded gimbal limits

- Fix the antenna position if the HMD is turned on and the operator looks at the HUD

- Radar no longer gets stuck in an 8-degree scan and that cannot be exited after locking a target and breaking lock

- Rmax and Seeker Cue can no longer appear outside the tactical radar area.

•JHMCS:

- HACQ/LHAQ mode - radar FOV circle will be drawn while looking through HUD

- HACQ/LHAQ mode - radar lock while looking through HUD is fixed

- Fixed radar antenna position lock when HMD is turned on and looking through HUD

- Up-look reticles was added

Cheers.

OK, so the Yak isn't moving as fast as any of us would like, but to say the F/A-18C has had nothing done to it for months is ridiculous.

The Yak isn't moving as fast as any of us like? Did it move at all?

Btw, I should have been more clear since I'm only interested in the FLYING part in DCS.

I'm talking exclusively about basic FM bugs/problems.

e.g.

Flaps & rpm/mp problem in the Yak 52.

The tailwind/headwind bug & the tumbling AH in the F-5.

The pitch down/suck down effect in ground effect in the F/A-18.

Edited by bbrz

The Yak isn't moving as fast as any of us like? Did it move at all?

Btw, I should have been more clear since I'm only interested in the FLYING part in DCS.

I'm talking exclusively about basic FM bugs/problems.

e.g.

Flaps & rpm/mp problem in the Yak 52.

The tailwind/headwind bug & the tumbling AH in the F-5.

The pitch down/suck down effect in ground effect in the F/A-18.

The tailwind/headwind bug on the F5 still hasn't been officially reported so I don't know of ED are even aware of it. (I'm planning to make another bug report about it with a more concise description of the issue in the next few days and then PM Nineline about it to get him to take a look at the thread.)

The pitch down on the FA-18 will be looked at when ED go back and finish the FM after they have finished some of the more important systems modelling, they've already said this. Its also a pretty simple thing to avoid.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The pitch down on the FA-18 will be looked at when ED go back and finish the FM after they have finished some of the more important systems modelling, they've already said this. Its also a pretty simple thing to avoid.

Interesting. How can you avoid to takeoff and land without the ground effect?

Interesting. How can you avoid to takeoff and land without the ground effect?

Air start, and quitting whilst airborne!

Or you simply work round as best you can until a fix arrives like the rest of us.

Or are you suggesting we all sulk instead? It’s an option, “but therein does not lay the path to enlightenment grasshopper.”

Strange how the F/A-18 is suddenly the subject of discourse in a Yak-52 thread!

I’m guessing the commercial application of the Yak-52 is the reason it exists at all, and I’m also sure ED will need to complete it for their commercial customers benefit, so don’t lose patience or hope. It’s just a question of priorities, which never match our expectations.

Or are you suggesting we all sulk instead? It’s an option...

Another option is to simply uninstall DCS and to use another sim like I did, to avoid any further frustration with EDs update 'policy'. ;)

Another option is to simply uninstall DCS and to use another sim like I did, to avoid any further frustration with EDs update 'policy'. ;)

And which other sim are you using? Ace Combat? :megalol:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Then why are you even bothering to post when you no longer have any interest in the game? Want to poison it for everyone else?

Where did I write that? Did you even read my initial reply?

Apparently I post because I'm still hoping and hence I'm checking the forum every few weeks.

@norbot, if you would have read my previous posts you would know that I'm only interested in the flying part of DCS, not the destroying and killing part.

So there are nice and realistic alternatives of course.

... @norbot, if you would have read my previous posts you would know that I'm only interested in the flying part of DCS, not the destroying and killing part.

So there are nice and realistic alternatives of course.

Yes, you're right, I didn't read all your posts before. But if you are only interested in the flying part, I wonder why you stated this: 'Too bad as Flanker and DCS always were my top flight sims!'? Both, Flanker and DCS simulate fighters and attack aircraft. They are built for 'destroying and killing'. It is a digital combat simulator not an airliner or sports simulation. If you own the F-5 and F/A-18 module, do you seriously want to say that you never loaded any weapons under your wings? And if you did, you only carried them with you for flying? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

It is a digital combat simulator not an airliner or sports simulation. If you own the F-5 and F/A-18 module, do you seriously want to say that you never loaded any weapons under your wings?:huh:

I'm flying airliners IRL and with their ultra low performance and no aerobatics they are simply super boring to fly. No, I never load any weapons on my planes.

Hang all available external tanks onto the F-5 full and try to take off on a hot summer day without AB in DCS. That's worse than flying a heavy airliner (and a nice airplane handling training)

Fighters always represent the maximum possible concerning performance handling and aerodynamics in airplane design. That's what makes flying them such an interesting experience.

If you haven't seen e.g. an F/A-18 (with the updated software) IRL at an airshow, you have missed some very impressive flying!

Btw, many decades ago I did enjoy flying fighters IRL very much, without any killing/destroying ;)

It is a fact - I don't believe anybody is disputing it - that the Yak-52 is unfinished in many areas and hasn't received any substantial improvements since September. That is a long time. In the meantime, we were given no explanation, no roadmap, no apology, no nothing when it comes to the development pace of the Yak. ED have discussed their plans for 2019 in the newsletters - without a single word about this module.

Let me quote the store disclaimer again:

What is DCS World Early Access?

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs. The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible. An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access, you will automatically have the Release version.

Can anybody here sincerely say ED have shown they are "striving to make the EA period as short as possible"?