Make support via forums contractual requirement for 3rd party

Snappy

hi,

would wish that providing main customer support and information via the official forums here would be a contractual requirement from ED for any 3rd party module developer.

That would prevent the unfortunate issue of having developers (namely Razbam in this case) move their main support and development update information to channels like facebook or discord and all but abandoning customer support/contact in their „support“( really a euphemism) forums here.

I have no problems with developers using all channels simultaneously for PR or support,as long as the support/contact here is on an equal or better level than the other venues, but to almost abandon the forums and retreating exclusively to other channels is not appropriate for this business.

Regards,

Snappy

Yes, I believe this is now come to point that it is a requirement in agreement with ED.

I is so shameful that to get the news, support etc, you need to go elsewhere than ED forums.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have no problems with developers using all channels simultaneously for PR or support,as long as the support/contact here is on an equal or better level than the other venues

Hear, hear!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I have no problems with developers using all channels simultaneously for PR or support,as long as the support/contact here is on an equal or better level than the other venues, but to almost abandon the forums and retreating exclusively to other channels is not appropriate for this business.

I could not have said it better.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm