Unexplained SA342M engine fail

Here.. See if you spot the reason for your engine fail. This recording is from your track, I adjusted the view to highlight what to look out for while flying :joystick:

Edited by Agent_wolf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

Cooked it surprised though you should be very aware of that transmission and T4 situation from the Huey.

Great find Agent_Wolf. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

You were pushing the toque hard and T4 temp looked high, don't forget like the Huey engine damage is accumulative.

<edit>

The little red LED kinda says broken.

My question is the amount of torque for IAS was rather high perhaps you didn't notice prior damage.

Edited by FragBum
<edit> dyslexic IAS

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I think you will find if you over toque the transmission you get into a situation that you seem to need more collective to maintain speed so toque goes up like a vicious circle.

Manual PP 74

When you reach 100%, the red lamp becomes steady. After 8-12 seconds the engine will break. Having the red light steady must lead the pilot to push forward the collective, in order to reduce the torque.

Manual section 2.1

Unfortunately, on the SA-342M1 Viviane version, the rotor blades choice allows a more important take-off mass but decreases the Vne to 280km/h, and the helicopter will hardly reach a maximal forward flight speed of 180 to 200km/h.

And you were doing a goodly 180 to 200Kph,.. :)

• 4 months later...

This happens to me too, in the game options you can turn the engine failures off,, but they used different wording, probably because they used crappy translation software. When my engine breaks, and i am not pushing it, it just breaks... I see the engine lights on but since I don't think there is a buzzer, I usually don't see any warning. It just blows and that's it.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

the amount of torque you can use depends on outside temp, altitude and load. so as a rule I never go above 90%

but in some conditions 90% is to high.

it tells you in the manual.

know your operating limits.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.