Do we get soft FLIR imagery and jitter in the TGP targeting?

Fri13

That is something I would like to see in all the aircrafts targeting systems, including A-10C Warthog, AV-8B Harrier, F/A-18C Hornet and F-16C Falcon etc.

Such a small detail to add immersion.

Blurring the targeting pod video, and that means the original video input can be low resolution, and then it gets run through a custom blur filter before it is feeded to the MFD.

And then same way make the targeting pods have jitter in their position. So you do not have perfect tracking but it might slip, and you need to avoid maneuvers while targeting to keep it steady enough for lazing. And one can as well see the inaccuracy of the bomb after steady lazing, missing the target by about 15-20 meters (if someone doesn't know , and . keys will move Youtube video one frame at the time when you pause it first).

This would as well help to bring the slight difference to a other targeting pods like Sniper when comparing them.

At better videos of the targeting pods it is easy to see the limitations in resolution and definition, and especially the stabilization and tracking capabilities.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The F16 TPOD is fairly jittery TBH. And if you look close you can "see the pixels" so its something that they are doing on the 16 at least. Hopefully it makes it to the hornet too. I also think the HB flir pod is "blurred" as well. About the only one thats laser crisp ultra ahmazing is predictably the Razbam one and their DMT as well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

huh, just noticed that in the second video, when they were tacking the F-16, they were in IR Point Track and it was locked to the exhaust.

Wonder if that is coincidence or that's what it does in IR point and if that helps out in DCS to try and track distance A-A targets with the TGP on the A-10

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Isn't it the video tape recording? Then the blur comes from the tape quality not from the FLIR display in the cockpit. Since we sit in the cockpit we should see the display clearly - depending on the display and pod type.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Isn't it the video tape recording? Then the blur comes from the tape quality not from the FLIR display in the cockpit. Since we sit in the cockpit we should see the display clearly - depending on the display and pod type.

Yes, but if you know how the video gets blurred by comparing it known sharp elements like MFC OSB labels, you can easily "filter out" the video quality. There are as well sharper videos, and even on those you don't get such details like example AH-64E or Mi-28UB does have.

You can as well see in the Sniper pod video how its digital zoom is noisy, low definition and softer than optically magnified.

What we should see is the fonts clearly as well low definition imagery as those displays ain't high resolution like 1024x set in DCS.

Someone who knows the exact definition in Viper and Hornet MFD could help there. But I would believe that we talk about VGA/SVGA definition instead Ultra HD or even Full HD. As those screens are very small, you don't need high definition.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, but if you know how the video gets blurred by comparing it known sharp elements like MFC OSB labels, you can easily "filter out" the video quality. There are as well sharper videos, and even on those you don't get such details like example AH-64E or Mi-28UB does have.

You can as well see in the Sniper pod video how its digital zoom is noisy, low definition and softer than optically magnified.

What we should see is the fonts clearly as well low definition imagery as those displays ain't high resolution like 1024x set in DCS.

Someone who knows the exact definition in Viper and Hornet MFD could help there. But I would believe that we talk about VGA/SVGA definition instead Ultra HD or even Full HD. As those screens are very small, you don't need high definition.

Viper mfd is 512x512

Hornet DDI are 768x768 I don't have technical stats but i recall seeing these numbers from a site that makes exact replicas of such displays for cockpit simulators.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD