F14 Carrier start MP help needed

Reflected

Hello,

So I made a single player mission for the F-14 and I wanted to make an MP version so that I can fly with a Human RIO, kind of PvE. I simply set the player aircraft from player to client, started a server. The slots were there, we selected them, I approved him to be my RIO, then as the mission started, there was no plane. I saw a distant airbase from above.

I thought it might be because there were static planes on the deck, so I removed them all in order not to interfere with spawning. I still got the same result.

I started the MP version offline, I saw the slot selection, and managed to spawn as intended. But in MP it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Yes there are late activated units on the deck. Is that a problem?

If so, then only if it's your own aircraft that has late activation.

Other question: Do you guys try to spawn when the game is still paused? If so, try to unpause it first and then spawn when the mission is already running.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

When we try to spawn it says paused, "your mission is delayed" then it gets going but still no plane. Is there a server option to make it running, or do I, as the host have to manually unpause?

There are different options, but easiest is to just manually unpause.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, the "your flight is delayed" message means, that you can't spawn atm. This can have two reasons (that I know of): Either your aircraft has late activation and the time hasn't been reached yet or the spawn point is currently blocked by someone or something else. If you don't have late activation activated, then it can only mean someone or something is blocking your spawn point. On the Stennis there are multiple spawn points and the game will dynamically choose one that is free. That is unless you spawn before the mission has started, because in that case you will always spawn near the foremost catapults, diagonally across the deck and if that place is blocked than you can't spawn.

Tornado3 small.jpg

... What am I doing wrong?

I dont know, but here is a test mission that works well on my Dedicated Server, maybe it can shed some light on your problem:

xWJT1EV.jpg

Eduardo.

Test Stennis.miz

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for all the help, I think I got it figured out.

If your plane is assigned to parking 1 with cold start, and there is an AI on parking 1 as runway (cat) start, it still won't let you spawn. Which is weird, as you wouldn't occupy the same space. Strange.

Also, if you spawn, then unpause, you spawn in the 2nd row ahead of the tower, with plenty of space behind you for static aircraft by the edge of the deck.

If you upause, and then spawn, however, you spawn at the edge of the deck, and if there are static planes, it won't let you. Weird.

Anyhow, it works now, so thanks!

Correction: looks like the overlapping spawn point is not a problem, but any kind of static planes inhibit spawning, even if nowhere near the spawn point. Also, as soon as I select a flight, their assigned spawn points on the deck change....oh well, I hope these will be fixed with the supercarrier and the HB carriers.

Even more specifically: there was a static plane on the elevator behind cat 4, and that was the culprit :)

Yes, you can place statics, but these spaces need to be free:

GD4GuXz.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB