New Pylon STK?

silverdevil

I did the latest beta update today and just poked around with the hornet. First thing I noticed was there was only ''empty" on the stores loadout page in a mission that was edited from another different plane mission. I thought the loadouts were independent of the missions? Anyway not the reason for this post. I noticed a new space in the loadout page "STK". The available objects for this position is only smoke. I am thinking this is where the sensor pod will be located? Anyone else have other information?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

If by sensor pod you mean the ATFLIR pod it is mounted on one of the cheek stations.

Edited by Darcwaynard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

If by sensor pod you mean the ATFLIR pod it is mounted on one cheek stations.

thats what i had found after i posted the question. i am guessing that is the position acronym for the cheek station? you say "stations" indicating more than one so perhaps not since there was only one STK station listed.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I doubt it, it would be either of the stations on the side of the plane that can have aim-120's or Aim-7s (not sure the numbers of those stations off hand). STK is referring to where the smoke canisters are mounted in the rear of the aircraft? Pure speculation on this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

not sure the numbers of those stations off hand

I think they are 7 & 8?

EDIT: I think it's 4 & 6, with the numbering being sequential left to right as opposed to alternating.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Unless something changed in the latest update (the one that released the 16th), the position you mention is probably SMK instead of STK. They may have changed that acronym either on purpose, by accident or you misread. It simulates the placement of a smoke generator between the engine exhausts (not visible in the 3D model AFAIK), as per for example the Blue Angels use. That is the reason smoke is the only available loadout for that station.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Unless something changed in the latest update (the one that released the 16th), the position you mention is probably SMK instead of STK. They may have changed that acronym either on purpose, by accident or you misread. It simulates the placement of a smoke generator between the engine exhausts (not visible in the 3D model AFAIK), as per for example the Blue Angels use. That is the reason smoke is the only available loadout for that station.

SMK probably is it sorry. the position only has smoke as a possibility.

If by sensor pod you mean the ATFLIR pod it is mounted on one of the cheek stations.

here is a picture of Hornet at an airshow in my home area. i have been to this airshow a few times. if you are within 100 miles of Oceana you need to go.

https://www.milavia.net/airshows/nas-oceana-airshow-2012/view.php?f=15

"note the ATFLIR pod"

here is a picture of Hornet at an airshow in my home area. i have been to this airshow a few times. if you are within 100 miles of Oceana you need to go.

https://www.milavia.net/airshows/nas-oceana-airshow-2012/view.php?f=15

"note the ATFLIR pod"

Nice, yep that's where I thought they were mounted. I'm no where near there but I usually get to see the CF-188 demo at least once a year in Ontario. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI and unrelated to the question. The ATFLIR can only go on station 4.

EDIT: the Nite Hawk FLIR was only on station 4, I'm not sure about the ATFLIR.

Yeah, ATFLIR goes on the left cheek

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: