Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cheaper than golf...

Z...

LOL would not work for me , as I play golf as well...

But I did tell me wife, at least I did not spend as much on my new Rift as I did on my new clubs!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Can you tell us the price of the pedals?

Currently it is too early for us to confirm the price on the pedals!

Do you use hall sensors or potentiometers?

Any chance to see in the future an Mirage 2000C stick and throttle?

The VPC MongoosT-50 base uses contactless gmr sensors, an upgrade over typical hall sensors! The analogue brake lever on the stick uses a high quality potentiometer.

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, I'm interested in your product.

It is possible to see the product in video preview

We will work on getting some videos together as soon as we can!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14th January 2017 // Announcement No. 05

► VPC Pre-Orders Opening on 16/01/2017!

VPC are pleased to announce that on Monday 16th January 2017, our official website will be open for pre-orders!

Available for pre-order will be:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter - €159,95

• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm) - €24,95

• VPC Desk Mount - €34,95

- TMW Mounting Plates (Base or Throttle) - €9,95

We will also be offering a huge 15% grand opening discount for our pre-order customers.

VPC Founders Club members will also receive a 5% discount on all virpil.com orders including pre-orders. Want to become a VPC Founders Club member? Sign up at http://www.virpil.com before midnight February 1st!

Finally, we are very excited to announce that all pre-order customers who have liked and followed the VirPil Controls Facebook page will automatically be entered into our grand opening prize draw.

We will be giving away 1x MongoosT-50 grip, 1x VPC TM Extension, 2x VPC Desk Brackets to customers who have pre-ordered the respective product. Customers who pre-order all 3 products will have a chance to win any or all of the prizes!

Complete information on pre-orders and the prize draw will be available on 16/01/2017 at http://www.virpil.com.

Edited by Cyph3r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the TM Warthog adapter compatible with the Cougar as well? I think it should be, right?

Also, will there be a proper features description for the grip available on Monday (e.g. a description of buttons, hats, axis, etc.)?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

So am i understanding it correct that there is a total of 20% discount if you preorder and are a VPC Founders Club member?

And will we get the discount if we want to buy the stick and base?

Correct! The total pre-order discount for VPC Founders Club members is 20%.

Full pre-order details on the MongoosT-50 base will be confirmed soon. Existing customers who ordered the MongoosT-50 grip will get preferential pricing on the base!

Is the TM Warthog adapter compatible with the Cougar as well? I think it should be, right?

Also, will there be a proper features description for the grip available on Monday (e.g. a description of buttons, hats, axis, etc.)?

The TMWH adapter will allow you to use our grip on the Cougar base as well.

We have already had an announcement on the VPC MongoosT-50 grip (click here)

If there is anything else you want to know about the grip let me know!

Edited by Cyph3r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One question about the upcoming Stick base: did you consider "easy swapping" to different Virpil grips (once others are available in the future) I think the TMW base is rather uncomfortable when swapping Grips and it is not really possible "one the fly" (litterally... :D ) Would be great to hear if you considered modularity of your base / grips.

The TMWH adapter will allow you to use our grip on the Cougar base as well.

We have already had an announcement on the VPC MongoosT-50 grip (click here)

If there is anything else you want to know about the grip let me know!

Ah, I see the list, thanks. I have another question regarding the TM adapter. How will the stick be programmed if it is connected to a TM gimbal?

I presume it won't be compatible with Target as TM sticks don't have the two-position switches or the wheelbrake analog axis. So, if true, would there be a USB port on the adapter for an extra connection to the computer or what?

Sorry if this is common knowledge already.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Any grip plugged in TMW base - eg. like the already used Suncom F-15, Tm B-8, KG-13B... will be programmed by TARGET in the same way that TMW grips, limited to their buttons count.

A 4 way HAT, or a 2 way switch or a 2 stage trigger is just a bunch of buttons, don't matter if they are together or no. Will be the button # 1, 5, 12,13.. 19, 21, etc.

Joy/HAT buttons is just Normally Open circuits, that only make difference if pressed - no "Alien" science in then. :)

TMW base only recognize 2 axis, so this T-50 brake lever will be see as button only.

This lever press a button and move a pot simultaneous, the use depends on base capacity.

From which country are you shipping?

The website is registered in Russia. I surmise shipping will be from there and prices are without VAT/customs etc.

Edited by tintifaxl

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Any grip plugged in TMW base - eg. like the already used Suncom F-15, Tm B-8, KG-13B... will be programmed by TARGET in the same way that TMW grips, limited to their buttons count.

A 4 way HAT, or a 2 way switch or a 2 stage trigger is just a bunch of buttons, don't matter if they are together or no. Will be the button # 1, 5, 12,13.. 19, 21, etc.

Joy/HAT buttons is just Normally Open circuits, that only make difference if pressed - no "Alien" science in then. :)

TMW base only recognize 2 axis, so this T-50 brake lever will be see as button only.

This lever press a button and move a pot simultaneous, the use depends on base capacity.

I never presumed there's any magic involved; just asking is if the Virpil buttons will be encoded by the same standard so that the grip's buttons will be correctly recognized by the controller in the base. I'd presume they can use a different wiring/encoding scheme on their system, especially since they have an axis on the grip, unlike TM's grips which encode all buttons through 5 wires AFAIK (as there's a 5 wire connector on the bottom of their grip). If so, the easiest solution might be to provide some adapter board with the TM adapter which would replace Virpil's board in their stick if needed. E.g. VKB's adapter set provides a PCB as well which converts TM wiring to their standard.

What you're describing sounds more like the DX buttons perspective which is the end result after the controller board and drivers and all.

BTW, where did you read that their brake lever will also push a button? That would be a rather weird choice, IMHO.

Edited by Dudikoff

Tm grip use Shift Register for handle buttons, VKB and Defender Cobra M5 too, and I guess VirPil. In TMW this Shift Register communicate with base through serial protocol, so 5 wires need.

VKB, for save in wires or maybe to make their grips incompatible with other brands base convert this Shift Register signal in digital through 3 wires, so for use Warthog grip in their base is need a additional converter to change this digital signal back to serial = additional cost for TMW users.

Fortunately seems VirPil don't follow this "recipe" and use serial protocol.

What defines if a give button will be called HAT2UP is the firmware of the controller, so if the trigger2 o T-50 grip is connect in the position that Tm firmware see HAT2UP, for TARGET this trigger will be HAT2UP and etc.

Since for games don't matter if a given function is done by HAT2UP or trigger2, no "collateral" effect in this.

BTW, where did you read that their brake lever will also push a button? That would be a rather weird choice, IMHO.

VirPil already inform this there, including that in their base the axis and button can be used simultaneous if need. I don't see nothing "weird" in this, just flexibility.

BTW - I see the pot and the button under lever inside the grip, in the "leaked" 3D drawing posted in IL-2 forum. ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Tm grip use Shift Register for handle buttons, VKB and Defender Cobra M5 too, and I guess VirPil. In TMW this Shift Register communicate with base through serial protocol, so 5 wires need.

VKB, for save in wires or maybe to make their grips incompatible with other brands base convert this Shift Register signal in digital through 3 wires, so for use Warthog grip in their base is need a additional converter to change this digital signal back to serial = additional cost for TMW users.

Fortunately seems VirPil don't follow this "recipe" and use serial protocol.

I see. So, they already posted that they will use the same protocol? You might be right since the adapter is already included with the grip (since the base is not available yet) so I guess it can't be that expensive.

What defines if a give button will be called HAT2UP is the firmware of the controller, so if the trigger2 o T-50 grip is connect in the position that Tm firmware see HAT2UP, for TARGET this trigger will be HAT2UP and etc.

Since for games don't matter if a given function is done by HAT2UP or trigger2, no "collateral" effect in this.

Yeah, except for the Target profiles so I guess some Target button names to Virpil buttons mapping diagram would hopefully be provided.

VirPil already inform this there, including that in their base the axis and button can be used simultaneous if need. I don't see nothing "weird" in this, just flexibility.

BTW - I see the pot and the button under lever inside the grip, in the "leaked" 3D drawing posted in IL-2 forum. ;)

Weird as in rather impractical as it might get in the way of the axis. But, which photo are you talking about? I looked in the thread and don't see a button there and neither is one listed at their controls list.

Edited by Dudikoff