A-7 Corsair after the Mirage

Jumbik

F-8 Crusader instead please :)

Why? The corsair did a lot more than the crusader ever did. The F8 is just another single seat fighter that wasn't around that long.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to stoke the fires!

c370ea0fa96d58dde02cd3643c7af510.gif

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

WTH? How did the F-8 come up in this discussion?

Another Troll trying to get Razbam to build another plane other then they have already committed to? Support their efforts now with the Mirage.

Why do you insist in wasting my time reading crap posts trying to get the good info?

Start a new thread in DCS wish list and save us all the time.

Yes, it is in the queue but it requires the A/G radar too.

This is their answer to a very similar question of mine a few days ago. Apparently the air to ground radar is holding up both the A-7 and F/A-18C. I guess that's why they are looking at possibly doing a Harrier model that doesn't have A/G radar and maybe even the Tucano.

Edited by AG-51_Razor
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Given the lead in time for producing aircraft for DCS, isn't it way premature to be talking about a project that won't even start until the F-18C gets included in the game?

Im pretty sure that just like the F-15E it has already been started.

Its just that they are at a point were they cant continue untill the Air-Ground radar systems have been made.

So like with the F-15E a large part of the work is already completed but they cant complete and release them untill ED finishes / implements air-ground radar into DCS (wich will come with the F-18 release later this year or at worst early next)

They have been working with the A-7 for atleast a few years and its probably primarily the Air-Ground radar they have been waitin on.

So they are by no means starting from scratch now or when the F-18 comes out...

Edited by mattebubben

Im pretty sure that just like the F-15E it has already been started.

Its just that they are at a point were they cant continue untill the Air-Ground radar systems have been made.

So like with the F-15E a large part of the work is already completed but they cant complete and release them untill ED finishes / implements air-ground radar into DCS (wich will come with the F-18 release later this year or at worst early next)

They have been working with the A-7 for atleast a few years and its probably primarily the Air-Ground radar they have been waitin on.

So they are by no means starting from scratch now or when the F-18 comes out...

You got the "picture clear"..

Prowler

I cant wait for the A-7 to come out =>.

Its on my top 3 list of the aircraft i most longingly wait for (Together with the AJS 37 and F-5E)

And if i had to pick between buying the A-7 or a F-18 or F-15E i would pick the A-7.

And also Prowler have you guys stated what Variant you are making yet?

Im guessing a A-7E?

Due to more widespread service then then the A-7D (both from larger numbers made and also exports) and also more capabilities and the carrier capability which will please many.

I cant wait for the A-7 to come out =>.

Its on my top 3 list of the aircraft i most longingly wait for (Together with the AJS 37 and F-5E)

And if i had to pick between buying the A-7 or a F-18 or F-15E i would pick the A-7.

And also Prowler have you guys stated what Variant you are making yet?

Im guessing a A-7E?

Due to more widespread service then then the A-7D (both from larger numbers made and also exports) and also more capabilities and the carrier capability which will please many.

A-7E and D as a single package..later on (once completed and out of beta) might include H and early D (SEA A-7D version)

Prowler

A-7E and D as a single package..later on (once completed and out of beta) might include H and early D (SEA A-7D version)

Prowler

Thank you.

I think i can speak for most of us when i say we appreciate your work and how you do it.

And they way you guys talk with the community is amazing.

Keep up the good work and i look forward to your modules and i will buy most of them =).

Prowler

You're my hero. Exactly the answer I was hoping for.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Mk-82/83/84

Mk-20 Rockeye

AGM-45 Shrike

AGM-88 HARM

AGM-62 Walleye

LAU-10 Zuni

AN/AAR-45 NAVFLIR

AN/AAW-9 Datalink Pod (for guiding Walleye and AGM-84E SLAM)

AIM-9 Sidewinder

M61 Vulcan 20mm

B27/57/61 Nukes

A-7D: AGM-65 Maverick

A-7D: M117

A-7D: BLU-27 Napalm

image268.jpg

image125.jpg

Naval mines.

image053.jpg

LGBs were dropped in Vietnam but carried rarely during the 80s due to the A-7E not having a laser spot tracker. Designation by A-6E.

image121.jpg

Tactical Air Launched Decoys TALD

Did I forget anything :)

Edited by MBot

What's not to love about that plane?!

- huge bomb load

- great range

- carrier landing

- aerial refueling

- ground radar

- lots of guided and unguided ordnance to use

- single seat

- used operationally for centuries, fits into many scenarios

I'd love to have the E version of course.

I understand why Razbam decided to do the Harrier first (an own ground radar implementation is a big risk for them), but I am actually looking forward to this plane more.

Did I forget anything :)

I find it interesting that it was used to guide SLAM's to the target, but couldn't carry them apparently?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I find it interesting that it was used to guide SLAM's to the target, but couldn't carry them apparently?

Frankly that is a bit of a mystery to me. Some people claim that it has shot the first SLAM in Desert Storm, others say it were A-6E. I haven't yet found any pictures of A-7E with AGM-84E. The A-6E makes more sence though since it also carried the Harpoon, which the A-7E never did.

That A-7E guided the missiles seems to be generally agreed on though.

Shrike, HARM, Walleye, Maverick, all sorts of iron bombs, Rockeyes, A-7 has all the goodies! :D Even Paveways with buddy lasing apparently.

And E + D, most desirable versions will both be included, awesome. Possibilty of including even more versions later on is also awesome.

Among the modules on RAZBAM's roadmap, A-7 is the one I want most. I am, of course, very interested in F-15E too, also the Tucano, but A-7 is the one I'd prefer to have earliest personally :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script