Hornet systems

steelrfan85

I just recently bought the dcs f18. Is it still in early access? Is there a tutorial on the aircraft itself or do I need to read my bed superbug manual? I am just curious because for some reason I can’t find ground targets. I actually flew over a Sam site and it never found it on radar. Also the autopilot isn’t mentioned in the manual. I read somewhere that the aircraft won’t fly itself on waypoints like the superbug does.

Yeah, still in early access. Ground radar is not finished yet, which explains you can't see ground objects on the radar. For SAMs you can use the RWR.

There are a few training missions, and Wags has a lot of video's explaining different subjects of the Hornet on his Youtube channel as well.

Coupled Steering is not available as an autopilot mode (yet?). Right now you only have attitude hold, baro alt hold, rad alt hold, heading select, and auto throttle control.

• ED Team
I just recently bought the dcs f18. Is it still in early access? Is there a tutorial on the aircraft itself or do I need to read my bed superbug manual? I am just curious because for some reason I can’t find ground targets. I actually flew over a Sam site and it never found it on radar. Also the autopilot isn’t mentioned in the manual. I read somewhere that the aircraft won’t fly itself on waypoints like the superbug does.

Yes, Early Access.

Hornet Early Access Guide: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc

There are 20 interactive training missions.