Rockets and Bombs

Zeagle

So according to my flight testing with a full load of rockets and 4 bombs, I cannot fire rockets NO MATTER WHAT until I get rid of the bombs AND the rack. Then rockets fire fine. The Switch on the rocket control unit seems like it does nothing.

With a centerline tank, the rockets fire fine. Again, the rocket control unit appears inop.

latest open beta

I am interested to hear what the correct procedure is to fire rockets while carrying 4 bombs on the centerline

Edited by Zeagle

Well i just read the manual for the third time and could not find this addressed. Maybe you can point me there. I don't think they had to punch the rack to fire rockets.

And the canopy disappears when viewed from inside when fully open. Viewed from outside it is still there.

That being said, it flies nicely. I cant wait to get more time in it.

Edited by Zeagle

IIRC there was a discussion about this here a while ago and it was found there that this is indeed how the original circuit was wired. Or that's how I remember it anyway.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Well i just read the manual for the third time and could not find this addressed. Maybe you can point me there. I don't think they had to punch the rack to fire rockets.

No, they didn't, but they had to fly without bombs.

And the canopy disappears when viewed from inside when fully open. Viewed from outside it is still there.

That being said, it flies nicely. I cant wait to get more time in it.

This has been fixed internally and will be available with the next patch.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good to hear that issue with the canopy will be fixed. I was also

thinking that bombs and rockets might not have been used together.

Great job on the FW190! I hope ED develops more wwii era objects and planes in the future.

By the way for anyone interested, I highly recommend the FW190 series of books by Eddie J Creek and J Richard Smith.

Edited by Zeagle